rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Headed to Thailand 2/27-3/17

Hey all I'm headed to Thailand in about two weeks. Based on some of the forum posts I'm planning to hit Ko Chang island and Phuket for scuba-diving lessons and just general fun and relaxation.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions or interest in meeting up while I'm there? I'm 30, don't have any interest in hookers (shoring or otherwise) or heavy drinking, but all the rest is the same! Any advice for small, beautiful towns and place that may not have the same magnitude of sex tourism as the big cities?

With only two weeks to stay, and - my guess - not speaking Thai, you should be good with Ko Chang and Phuket.
(btw, it is just Ko Chang, not "Ko Chang Island"; "Ko" means "Island")

Quote: (02-11-2011 05:03 PM)GrumpStar Wrote:  

Hey all I'm headed to Thailand in about two weeks. Based on some of the forum posts I'm planning to hit Ko Chang island and Phuket for scuba-diving lessons and just general fun and relaxation.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions or interest in meeting up while I'm there? I'm 30, don't have any interest in hookers (shoring or otherwise) or heavy drinking, but all the rest is the same! Any advice for small, beautiful towns and place that may not have the same magnitude of sex tourism as the big cities?

Never been to Koh Chang, but I hear it's amazing, good nature, chilled out vibe and decent party scene. I met a few guys that had success with backpacker traveler chicks, and as much as guys on these forums hate on them, a lot of them are fine (esp. the Aussie, Swedish, and Israeli girls). I'd say that unless you're really in shape and good looking, you will need to approach a lot and have decent game, as there are shit tons of young dudes on the prowl, so a lot of these girls are getting hit on constantly.

I've never been to Phuket, but from what everyone says, I would avoid that place. There are supposed to be some nice beaches on the island because it's pretty big, but it's definitely one of the biggest pay for play spots in Thailand, and also one of the most expensive spots. I spent most of my time on the beaches and islands around Krabi, as well as Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Koh Samui has a good party scene and lot's and lot's of hot tourist women. At the time I was there I was with my girlfriend so I wasn't out gaming, but there are shit tons of hotties there. Most of them seemed to be in big groups, which makes it harder to crack into if you're rolling solo, so try to find a good wingman if you're looking to pick up. Overall, I'd skip Samui though unless you have a fat bankroll because I found it to be extremely expensive there.

Koh Phangan was cool, but I would avoid the full moon party, because I thought it was completely over-rated. It was a massive douchey cockfest, full of juice-head agro young Aussie pricks, and maybe I had bad luck, but I'd say the ratio was like 3 to 1 guys to girls. Aside from that the crowd is really young and dumb and all they play is shitty techno trance and pop music, which I fucking despise. Avoid Haad Rin beach all together where the full moon party takes place. I really like Haad Yao the best as well as Haad Salad, which are kind of lacking in the party scene, but really chilled out beaches, very beautiful and clean, with a great reef you can snorkel right off shore. I never made it but Koh Tao (next to Phangan) is supposed to be paradise, and the premier dive site in Thailand. That said, it's more of a chill stoner, hippy spot, with mellow nightlife (from what I hear). Aside from that I liked Chaing Mai in northern Thailand, it's really mellow, and there is good nature stuff surrounding it, as well as Pai a little hippy town 3 hours away.

Have fun in Thailand, it's a cool country, but more expensive than I thought and touristy as fuck.

OGNorCal707, that's some great info. I was on the fence about the full moon parties as I've heard mixed reviews, but in the back of my mind I suspected the scene to be as you describe and now I have no interest. Probably will hit up Koh Samui as this was also suggested as a fun place by a cute girl I met a hostel here in NZ a few days ago.

Samui is great to meet all kinds of girls. Thai, Australian, European, ...

Now after doing my open-water scuba citification class in Ko Tao I have some observations on the gaming situation here. For sure a challenging place because there are a lot of dudes in really good shape. I'm definitely not in bad shape and girls tell me I am attractive regularly at home, but there are loads of very RIPPED guys here hitting on girls so even the homely ones can get a dick they couldn't normally access at home. This is compounded by the fact that most people are here for 4-5 days and then gone, so if she's considering a sample then the fella's personality isn't as important. They'll probably never see each other after 3 days so why not go for the really ripped dude, even though there's nothing going on upstairs is the presiding sentiment.

That being said, if you're in good shape and handsome (6-pack, tall and white) there are some fanatically hot girls on vacation who want to party. Many from Europe and the Scandinavian regions. I would recommend a trip to Ko Tao... but spend a month or two hitting the gym HARD before you show up because it will dramatically increase your chances and make a huge difference in your success. If your not in *excellent* shape you'll have to lower your standards because the market price for pussy is higher then normal. Being in shape and confident are the two most important aspects of game in this place. Your value here is almost exclusively determined by your body, and your ability to make cocky jokes at the bar. If you've got those then you'll be solid gold.