rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Indonesia>Thailand>Camobida

Hey guys, Im currently in Bali, gonna head to Thailand and then hopefully play the poker ATP in Cambodia in July, then ill go Vietnam or back to Bangkok.

I will detail my trip here, it will mostly be pictures and little text. I work online so don't always have time to write full TRs. Currently in Ubud, Bali. Haven't done too much other than work sadly, maybe ill get to see something later today.

Nasi campur, this is there national dish i believe.

[Image: 14057855717_cc4136a6d4_z.jpg]

The view as I ate dinner

[Image: 14057867527_78a7e4d2a2_z.jpg]

I went for a massage last night, £4. Before it started the women told me to strip and put on this...

[Image: 14249780952_9705d3a7fb_z.jpg]

u wot m8?

Anway will keep you all posted with pics. I'm here for 2-4 more days, got some work to do, but id like to see something before I leave. Anybody know anything nearby ubud town that I could walk to today?

few things i noticed:

- food is slightly more expensive than in Thailand but around $1, no biggie but I'm a cheap charlie. But i am in a tourist area so I guess thats why.
-Not many local girls in Bali use online social apps for meets up. Most seem to be from Jakarta

plan to visit monkey temple and ubud palace today, and maybe do a bike tour tomorrow.

Haha, yeah that is the 'no fun' panties in massage places. Food looks delicious though.

Will be following your thread with great interest.
Wonder why you titled your thread as Indonesia being better than LOS and Cambodia. Would love to read your reasons for that.
Agreed food looks delicious!

sorry thats just the order of countries I'm visiting lol. not in order of which one I prefer.

Visited the monkey temple, kind of annoying, just full of tourists taking 1001 pics of monkeys, I ended up getting so enraged that I left. $3 entry, not really worth, but I guess you seen one monkey temple you you've seen them all.

Managed to find a cheap place for food, I think there called padang courts maybe im wrong, quite cheap, do rice meals with fish, meat and veg for around 15-30k. You go up and tell the guy what you want

inside

[Image: 14256926005_126afa7322_z.jpg]

outside

[Image: 14254766062_d833d9af63_z.jpg]

random rice fields

[Image: 14070352587_2b3ece417d_z.jpg]

Gonna hire a moped tomorrow for $5 and check the local area out, then I will go to Sanur for 2 nights. Some girl wants to meet me at my hotel tomorrow at 11:30pm, she like a 5, dunno if ill do it.

Consider yourself lucky with that gear. I went to a place that insisted you put on crusty yellowed boxers.

Ubud:

Today I got a motorbike and traveled around more, you really need a motorbike if you want to stay here and see stuff. its $5 per day and $1-2 for fuel. I didn't hand over my passport when I got it, just gave them my hotel name and passport number. I think 2-3 days is enough in Ubud unless you want to do Yoga and stuff. Wear long pants if you want to go into temples.

Rice fields

[Image: 14262040462_bdcc207385_z.jpg]

[Image: 14284352693_d5573fe986_b.jpg]

[Image: 14264169735_81a4bd5c88_z.jpg]

builders gonna build

[Image: 14241059216_8b1b95a146_z.jpg]

Riding a motorbike is kind of safe, always wear a helmet. Watch out for the pot holes in the road, there quite a few of them and there is no sense of direction or people giving way.

My view on Ubud: the town centre was prob nice 5-6 years ago, now its full of shops selling you crap you dont need. To many annoying tourist wearing baggy pants think there cool and unqiue. A lot of "trendy" cafes, I think Ubud will go hipster in a few years. I would of preferred to stay in the village area than the town, would of been better and less annoying. But I hate most people, so maybe everyone else would enjoy it.

The local people are nice. I always feel a bit awkward of taking pictures, but when I took the building one, the builders were smiling and waving at me.

Tomorrow I go Sanur, paid 50,000 idr for a shuttle bus, picks me up at the hotel

tips ive learned: always buy at the supermarket, the local stores are rip off, either that or there taking me for a ride.

Ubud was amazing ten years ago, but I hear it's gone downhill fast. If you have occasion to photo the town and any new multistory hotels, please post them.

Good stuff man! What's the talent like?

In Ubud not so great, the girls tend to be alot darker and slightly thicker for the most part. Not the best aesthetically pleasing faces. Seen a few light skin girls, who are really tall with weird shape heads but nice facial features.

On average the girls were not great in Ubud, the best looking ones usually work front of house at hotels/coffe shops/restaurants. Seen a few 7s, but nothing to make you think "oh wow"

Quote: (05-25-2014 07:29 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Ubud was amazing ten years ago, but I hear it's gone downhill fast. If you have occasion to photo the town and any new multistory hotels, please post them.

Any idea on what area of Yog to stay in? I will be their on Wednesday.

Quote: (05-26-2014 09:36 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

try couchsurfing in yog .....
heaps of hot uni students willing to show you around .

Quote: (05-26-2014 10:24 PM)mandatoryhoes Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2014 09:36 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

try couchsurfing in yog .....
heaps of hot uni students willing to show you around .
ended up using Airbnb. They provide free scooter and bicycle use, and i cant be doing with getting lost. Currently in Sanur, place just feels like one of them all inclusive holidays. Feels so fake and made up, leaving tomorrow for Yogy.

What is the deal with this site and posting pics of girls? is it allowed, block out faces? Talked to a few relgious nut jobs, telling me to pray before I go to bed and bless god everytime, not the type of girls I wanna talk to tbf, i wished okcuipid as a filter to block them sorts of girls out [Image: biggrin.gif]

What part of Jogja did you end up booking for? It's pretty small so you can't really go wrong as long as you're inside or on Ring Road.

Special District of Yogyakarta, Ji Bugisan .

seems okay distance, just want a few days to relax, see the temples, they look awesome in the pictures.

^^ sounds good, enjoy!

edit: double post

Went to change some money in Snaur, saw the rate of 10,999 being offered. Higher than EX rates. Went in and asked to change $150 aus.

he counts out 1650,000 and I go pull out my $150. As I pull it out i see some slight of hand movement by him. So I figure'd id count the money again to be safe. Turns out he removed 650,000. When I asked him where the rest of it, he said "sorry sir, this special rate only for $100". Saving face and all that, I didn't make a scene, whats the point.

So only traded $100, but guess they were out of a few $$ on that trade

Just landed in Jogjakarta, a total cluster fuck but I love it. You need a scooter or you're fucked. Went to their main street malioboro, pretty cool. Hardly saw any toruists, got a lot of looks from girls, one even looked at me, then ran to her friend, and her friend looked backed. It was so obvious, to bad they were like 15 lol.

markets

[Image: 14288137122_97aa574eb1_z.jpg]

Traffic jams

[Image: 14103475970_e70cfee2fe_z.jpg]
malioboro Street

[Image: 14288127862_f67f4970f6_z.jpg]

My back garden @ the airbnb house

[Image: 14289688004_50fa427dcd_b.jpg]

Great photos Afarang!

What's the talent like in Jogjakarta?

Quote: (05-28-2014 07:08 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

Great photos Afarang!

What's the talent like in Jogjakarta?

Much better than in Bali from my short sample size. More cute girls about, got a lot of obvious looks and even a few down right eye fucks at the mall. I was in shorts,flipflops and a t-shirt as well.

I think ill head out Friday night, is anyone on this forum down their now?

Try Babarsari where many upscale college girls, daytime. don't know if they speak english tho.

The "excotic" factor is higher in Yogja.
I remember getting alot of looks from girls just walking around Malboro street daytime in my flipflops and shirt.
Was sitting on a bench enjoying my coffee and got approaced by a cute little thing wanting to take me home and show me around and shit.

delete

Borobudur, Prambanan temples

[Image: 14336342363_fa42073104_c.jpg]

[Image: 14316166815_e8b5d664ed_c.jpg]

[Image: 14336345593_d05469285c_c.jpg]

[Image: 14314323122_6d2f6a482b_c.jpg]

I fly to JKT tomrorow.

kids rushed me asking for a pic, I said okay but I want a group selfie in return

[Image: 14129744060_9bc60928b5_o.jpg]