rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top club spots in Rio

Top club spots in Rio

Guys I'm going to be in Rio for one week, I know there are many Rio threads here that I could look at but right now i just want a raw data sheet for Which clubs,spots will get me laid in the week that I will be in Rio. Also if a spot happens to be a spot filled with pros so be it.I'm just looking for the top spots in which i will have the best time in Rio.

Top club spots in Rio

lucky bastard!

got to hit up lapa. then there is a club in copa like on the main street off from the strip.

best thing to do is hit up the locals and ask them wats poppin.

the great thing is, on any night after u strike out (and you will without knowing the language and a social circle more times than not) all you have to do is walk to or take a cab to the balcony bar right on the strip in Copa and if your a young white (not sure the success rate for brothas) decent looking american you will have pros offer to go home with u for free. guaranteed!

hit up bartenders during the day for the best info. and alot of times they will invite u out with their crew!

have fun playa!

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (02-07-2011 09:43 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

lucky bastard!

got to hit up lapa. then there is a club in copa like on the main street off from the strip.

the great thing is, on any night after u strike out (and you will without knowing the language and a social circle more times than not) all you have to do is walk to or take a cab to the balcony bar right on the strip in Copa and if your a young white (not sure the success rate for brothas) decent looking american you will have pros offer to go home with u for free. guaranteed!

hit up bartenders during the day for the best info. and alot of times they will invite u out with their crew!

have fun playa!

what are some stratigies I can do when Im in the balcony bar or lapa? btw i am a brotha will this play in my favor or agienst me?

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (02-08-2011 12:24 PM)Sketness Wrote:  

Quote: (02-07-2011 09:43 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

lucky bastard!

have fun playa!

what are some stratigies I can do when Im in the balcony bar or lapa? btw i am a brotha will this play in my favor or agienst me?

well i dont think ur gonna be able to pull the white/tan skin working girls for free(not saying you cant), but you might be able to pull some of the black girls. main thing is to look stylish, make sure they know ur american, young ect.

you have to realize that the darker skinned you are in south america creates a negative stigma (poorer class/rich class perception) from what ive heard the bruthas pull mad ass in parts of europe where they are a novelty. this sint the case in brazil. just be aware of that.

there is always exceptions to the rules and u can have a blast regardless.

here is what id do if I was you. hit up the favela funk parties. as a stylish gq brutha from the states thats where you will have the best chance at pulling free ass. imo

Top club spots in Rio

Hit up Club Praia in the Lagoa area on a Saturday Night http://www.clubpraia.com.br/ ...I was the only brotha in the spot and dressed straight up GQ which distinguished me from the crowd that mostly wore tshirts and abercombie and fitch shirts. They play mostly house music with a mix of American Pop, Samba and Baile Funk at the end. It's considered a more upscale club and chicks were dressed very cute and the guys typical Brasilian douchebag wear. The make up of the club was mostly white brasilians with a few mixed black chicks in there. I bagged a few chicks that spoke passable English who were intrigued with me and made out with one girl that I met and went to the beach with her the next day but didnt get a chance to hit it since I was leaving so soon but she's ready for when I go back in a few weeks. Alot of the chicks thought I was an actor or some b-list celebrity because I was the only person of color in the spot and dressed GQ so that opened up some doors for me and I got in for free but there was a minimum consumption of 70 to 8-BRL.

Casa Rosa http://www.casarosa.com.br/index2.php near Lapa is good as early as 5pm on a Sunday Night and they play good Braislian Music and It's cheap to get in with a number of tourist chicks and Brasilians and It's a friendly and hot atmosphere that is indoor and outdoor with a live samba band and other styles of music played throughout. I met some hot English chicks there that stayed at a hostel and when I opened them up in American English they were good as gold. They thought I was brasilian at 1st and were hesitant to stop but I was quickly able to get them in a comfort zone.

Also Nuth in Barra http://www.nuth.com.br/nuthweb/nuth.htm on a Sunday Night is good too with a similar type crowd as Praia. One of the funny things about Brasil in general is that 99% of the guys who work security at the club are Suited Up Black Brasilian dudes so If you do go suited make sure to wear a distinguishable and highly fashionable one with some distinction or the one of the chicks might think you are security...LOL. It's worth It If you speak some level of Portuguese because you can really go "NO LIMIT" on the chicks there with ease.

A rule of thumb for Rio...The rich and upperclass Rio Residents do not fuck with anything outside of Zona Soul (Lagoa/Leblon/Gavea/Barra) especially if they live in those aforementioned areas. A common complaint from some of these people who I know is that Lapa is just too dirty and not enough Air Conditioned places to really enjoy It. I enjoy both scenes and find myself being able to really spit game at the upper class places more but If I want to dance and have fun Lapa wins hands down.

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (02-08-2011 03:53 PM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

Nuth in Barra on a Sunday Night is good too with a similar type crowd as Praia.

There's also a Nuth in Lagoa. Not sure which one pops the most.

http://www.nuth.com.br/nuthweb/nuth.htm

For hip-hop/funk, Club Six in Lapa.

http://clubsix.com.br/fotos.php

The World Cup 2014 & the Olympics in 2016 are on the way -- Rio is about to blow up.

Top club spots in Rio

I've made some comments before about clubs/women in Rio; http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1790-page-4.html

The comments from InternationalSwagger are correct. Make sure to dress up & stand out.

As with many events/nights in Rio make sure to check with locals before you hit Club Praia in Lagoa. Not every Saturday is really worth it.

Lapa is a nice place to go, try lapa40graus on Friday & Rio Scenarium on Saturdays. I think the Lapa areas are ideal for you to venture out.
Make sure you get in Boox once, Nuth Lagoa or depending on your age Baronetti on Tuesdays (lady's night= packed) or Thursdays.

Balcony is a cheap & low class hookers bar... In the times I've been there, I only saw let's say 1-2 +7 girls on a whole night. Rio is cleaning up it's image, so the hookers are back to their own cities in Brazil, venturing out to other places or working in Therma's now. BUT there shouldn't be any reason to search for hookers, Rio's women are approachable enough, if you play the game right. Enjoy !

Top club spots in Rio

Rio Scenarium in Lapa is another good one. It is a pretty unique club as it is a converted antique store. Some good looking girls speak English as well there.

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (02-08-2011 03:53 PM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

Hit up Club Praia in the Lagoa area on a Saturday Night http://www.clubpraia.com.br/ ...I was the only brotha in the spot and dressed straight up GQ which distinguished me from the crowd that mostly wore tshirts and abercombie and fitch shirts. They play mostly house music with a mix of American Pop, Samba and Baile Funk at the end. It's considered a more upscale club and chicks were dressed very cute and the guys typical Brasilian douchebag wear. The make up of the club was mostly white brasilians with a few mixed black chicks in there. I bagged a few chicks that spoke passable English who were intrigued with me and made out with one girl that I met and went to the beach with her the next day but didnt get a chance to hit it since I was leaving so soon but she's ready for when I go back in a few weeks. Alot of the chicks thought I was an actor or some b-list celebrity because I was the only person of color in the spot and dressed GQ so that opened up some doors for me and I got in for free but there was a minimum consumption of 70 to 8-BRL.

Casa Rosa http://www.casarosa.com.br/index2.php near Lapa is good as early as 5pm on a Sunday Night and they play good Braislian Music and It's cheap to get in with a number of tourist chicks and Brasilians and It's a friendly and hot atmosphere that is indoor and outdoor with a live samba band and other styles of music played throughout. I met some hot English chicks there that stayed at a hostel and when I opened them up in American English they were good as gold. They thought I was brasilian at 1st and were hesitant to stop but I was quickly able to get them in a comfort zone.

Also Nuth in Barra http://www.nuth.com.br/nuthweb/nuth.htm on a Sunday Night is good too with a similar type crowd as Praia. One of the funny things about Brasil in general is that 99% of the guys who work security at the club are Suited Up Black Brasilian dudes so If you do go suited make sure to wear a distinguishable and highly fashionable one with some distinction or the one of the chicks might think you are security...LOL. It's worth It If you speak some level of Portuguese because you can really go "NO LIMIT" on the chicks there with ease.

A rule of thumb for Rio...The rich and upperclass Rio Residents do not fuck with anything outside of Zona Soul (Lagoa/Leblon/Gavea/Barra) especially if they live in those aforementioned areas. A common complaint from some of these people who I know is that Lapa is just too dirty and not enough Air Conditioned places to really enjoy It. I enjoy both scenes and find myself being able to really spit game at the upper class places more but If I want to dance and have fun Lapa wins hands down.

Good information im loving it. Where are some good spots to hit up during the week? All of these spots that you mentioned by dressing up does it make it easier to get laid or what?

Top club spots in Rio

Maybe this is also of help

http://www.rioforpartiers.com/

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (02-10-2011 06:11 AM)Veni Vidi Pimpi Wrote:  

Rio Scenarium in Lapa is another good one. It is a pretty unique club as it is a converted antique store. Some good looking girls speak English as well there.

This club is beautiful and big, but it does not have the vibe, you will hardly get laid. The whole street where Rio Scenarium is located, is made for gringos, locals are mostly after work people doing a happy hour and friend meetings, no vibe other than the FSU.

The night in Rio has been sucking hard, it is not just me, everyone around here is talking about it. I don't even know what to suggest. But the boring Bar Bukowski in Botafogo is still an easy place for ONSs.

Top club spots in Rio

I disagree about Rio Scenarium. It is definitely possible to get laid there on a regular basis. I was there two nights in a row, and got laid one of the nights by a sexy Brazilian that was visiting from another city.

Lots of girls all around. Did you stay in the main area where the band was playing, or did you go explore the big room on the second floor off to the right that was basically a nightclub? That big room was where it's at. Going off both nights I was there. Mix of Brazilians and tourists, but mainly Brazilians I think.

Quote: (01-19-2014 10:41 AM)hipster Wrote:  

This club is beautiful and big, but it does not have the vibe, you will hardly get laid. The whole street where Rio Scenarium is located, is made for gringos, locals are mostly after work people doing a happy hour and friend meetings, no vibe other than the FSU.

The night in Rio has been sucking hard, it is not just me, everyone around here is talking about it. I don't even know what to suggest. But the boring Bar Bukowski in Botafogo is still an easy place for ONSs.

Top club spots in Rio

Well, it is possible anywhere. I think you were just lucky to come after a girl who was not from Rio, those are the easiest 'cause they have no local reputation to preserve, and usually are not with friends, or with friends with the same bad intentions. I think in Rio i have more ONSs with girls from other states than with locals. I went there several times, exactly in friend meetings, birthdays etc [Image: sad.gif] People don't even make eyes contact to each other there and the foreigner girls are looking for africans.

I don't think that there is any particular good nights going on, so you guys can go to any and see what happens...Any in South Zone(Botafogo, Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Gavea, Humaita, Laranjeiras, Flamengo, Arpoador), Barra or Lapa(which has been very dangerous lately).

But what OP means with top ? "Miroir" in Ipanema is a luxury exepensive club of house music, some big names play there, nicky romero played last week or so. The girls are top looking.

Quote: (01-19-2014 11:07 AM)warder Wrote:  

I disagree about Rio Scenarium. It is definitely possible to get laid there on a regular basis. I was there two nights in a row, and got laid one of the nights by a sexy Brazilian that was visiting from another city.

Lots of girls all around. Did you stay in the main area where the band was playing, or did you go explore the big room on the second floor off to the right that was basically a nightclub? That big room was where it's at. Going off both nights I was there. Mix of Brazilians and tourists, but mainly Brazilians I think.

Top club spots in Rio

Quote: (01-19-2014 11:34 AM)hipster Wrote:  

Well, it is possible anywhere. I think you were just lucky to come after a girl who was not from Rio, those are the easiest 'cause they have no local reputation to preserve, and usually are not with friends, or with friends with the same bad intentions. I think in Rio i have more ONSs with girls from other states than with locals. I went there several times, exactly in friend meetings, birthdays etc [Image: sad.gif] People don't even make eyes contact to each other there and the foreigner girls are looking for africans.

Rio is a place where Brazilian women from all over the country pedestalize. They should definitely be looser when visiting Rio opposed to certain locals as I can envision that. If I knew where to locate/find them consistently, then that would be great for another stay in Rio. Any tips Hipster on where they can be found in the city?

But what OP means with top ? "Miroir" in Ipanema is a luxury exepensive club of house music, some big names play there, nicky romero played last week or so. The girls are top looking.

Thx for tip on that. Just saw the facebook page for Miroir. Looks like great talent. Any other good tips for places playing house music in Rio?

Brigado pelas dicas!

Top club spots in Rio

Agreed it's easier if you can find girls on vacation. Rio Scenarium is a pretty popular and touristy spot though, so I think your chances of finding that increase there.

From the two nights I was there, I thought there were a ton of hotties that were open to meeting guys. Just my two cents though...

I don't think that there is any particular good nights going on, so you guys can go to any and see what happens...Any in South Zone(Botafogo, Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Gavea, Humaita, Laranjeiras, Flamengo, Arpoador), Barra or Lapa(which has been very dangerous lately).

Quote: (01-19-2014 11:07 AM)warder Wrote:  

Top club spots in Rio

So as my first post on Rooshvforum, let's start with a nightclub datasheet about rio...yet another one so I will just use an open thread.

Background: Brazilian (not from rio), 6 feet, white, good bankroll (5-7,000 USD month), partying on and off in rio from 2012-2014 before WC, going out 2 times a week on average

Lapa

I will focus on the clubs as I think everything that had to said about the street party you can find in other datasheets.
Rio Scenarium - biggest club in town, full of tourists from other cities in Brazil and the whole world. Gets pretty busy on fri-sat. You can find every kind of girl here, from 20 to 65. Plenty of opportunities to approach, easiest place to get makeouts. Not hard to get a ONS.
Lapa 40 - Similar vibe to Rio Scenarium, but smaller and less foreigners. Good for wed-thu.
Fundição Progresso and Circo Voador - concert houses, can get good but depends a lot on what is playing, hit or miss

Botafogo and Urca

Ovelha negra - really small place, full of cougars (30-40). It's a weekday spot tue-thu, gets busy from 6pm to 12pm. Girls get really drunk on champagne and are very DTF, easy to mingle between groups and open.
Casa da matriz - hipster club, quality is ok but not impressive. Good to roll solo as there are a lot of different rooms.
Zozo - I think it's the best club in town for good looking white girls. Not many foreigners, it's not easy to pull, but it can be done. Quite expensive
The maze - This place is in a favela in catete, close to flamengo. Quite a experience, with a van or motorcycle as most taxis dont go to the favela. Its a jazz inside a hostel and it has one of the most beautiful views of the city you can get. Mostly foreigners and the hippie save the world girl kind, but it's worth a visit. They open 2 fridays a month.

Leblon, Ipanema and Gávea
Praia - Younger crowd (<18-22), good quality but mainly high school and college social circles, hard to approach
Zero Zero - I've only been one time here, but it had the worst ratio I've ever seen in any club (9:1 male to female). Clubs in rio usually have bad ration with more males than females, especially the ones that foreigners go to, but I wouldn't go to this one as it's quite expensive as well.
Miroir top talent, but I've never been to. Quite expensive
House of music - this is where melt was located. Lots of tourists, approachable girls, ok quality.
Studio RJ - lots of foreigners, some hostel girls, worth checking out.

Copacabana

Mud Bug - Located besides the Copacabana Palace. It's a good option for thursdays 8pm to 2am. Mostly groups in happy hours, but as the night goes on it's easy to approach girls and get numbers or ONS.
Mariuzin - Trash club, young mostly low quality poor student girls. Pretty cheap to get in (40 BRL) and free drinks, but I wouldnt drink anything here as the vodka is adultered. Pretty close to mud bug so its worth a try if you can't pull anything before 2am there.

Barra
Barra Music - This place is far away and it's huge. Mostly gheto, favela crowd but you can find some gems there as its so crowded. Cheap to get in (20 BRL), its better to get a table upstairs here. Best place on mondays as they have a party there and not so many other option. Girls are easy but logistics can be a problem here, as girls come from everywhere in rio to this place. It's hard to find a foreigner here, so it's one of the few places in rio that a gringo will stand out.
Nuth - I've only been one time, good looking girls but most in social circles, guys all use steroids and are looking to start fights.

Niteroi

Dont remember the name of the places I've been to here, but it always had better ratios and quality than rio. Not as many stunners as in the best clubs in rio, but fun girls with the girl next door looks.

Parties in Rio

The best parties in Rio are not in the clubs listed, they happen on places like Monte Líbano, Morro da Urca, Jockey Club, Rocinha, Vivo rio, Santa marta and others on the weekends
Not really worth if you are staying short term or have a tight bankroll, but they have the best quality (lots of 8s and always some +9). Girls are the rich kind, living with parents and studying in PUC ou UFRJ or starting a career. Not easy to pull, will usually require a couple of dates, and you have to have good game. As a gringo I think its even harder but it can be done if you have the looks.
Some good parties are zeh pretim, favorita, spanta nenem, some university parties.
You can find about the parties that are going on and buy tickets in sites like http://www.boadiversao.com.br/guia/rio-de-janeiro/noite and http://www.ingressocerto.com/rio-de-janeiro

As you guys know by now Rio is not the best option in Brazil. Ratios in clubs are terrible, lots of gringos, including sex travelers looking for prostitutes, and cariocas are the most agressive guys approaching I've ever seen anywhere in the world, so girls often have a attitude. Nevertheless it's a fun city with a party atmosphere going on most of the year and any guy with game can get girls there.
Thats it, I left a few out but if anyone want any more information on a specific venue or neighborhood feel free to ask.
Latter I'll drop some info about Sao Paulo (where I live now) and some other cities in Brazil