rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obsession with Cats

Obsession with Cats

Please do not go out and kill cats if you read this like some omega Columbine cat-killer..

People in America are obsessed with cats.

Women (and a whole lot of men) in America are crazy obsessed with cats. This well edited video has been blowing up on Facebook

This cat's intention isn't to altruistically save anyone.

Cats don't have empathy like we do, yet the most popular thing on the internet is cats.

People in America are projecting on to, and anthropomorphizing cats just as much or more than they give Jesus attention.

Cats want a meal, some toys to fake hunt with, and a place to rest.

That's it.

Too many people (single moms) in America are trying to force the burden of partnership on these animals. Cats will never replace men as the head of the household. Yet they get pampered more than any beta does.

What does this say about our society? What does it say about our men and women?

Obsession with Cats

I think to most women, cats are more of an accessory to upload photos with and receive validation and ''oh how cute'' compliments than a replacement for men/husbands. But there are some crazy ones who are actually in love with their cats, really psychologically damaged ones. To them, cats are literally more valuable than humans.

Just an example, a few months ago in Turkey, a male college student ''murdered'' a cat and sent the photo to his friend. He was a sadist and a psychopath without doubt, but it was just a cat. His friend uploaded the photo on the internet, it went viral, all the major news organizations in Turkey revealed this guy's identity and demanded he be severely punished. People shared the news and commented that he should actually be ''hanged'' for being such a ''monster''. Thousands of death threats and people cursing this guy and his family... He got expelled from the university, and now he's being prosecuted for 3 years for ''damaging property''. His life is over for killing an animal and technically he didn't even commit a crime. His life is over because people are empathising with the cat's pain as if it was a human, without ever stopping and thinking ''hey, laws are in order to organize and protect human rights. What do animals have to do with this? How can an animal cause a man to be sent to prison?''

When I think about what people's reaction would be if it was not a cat but a man he murdered, I can't help feeling disgust for those people, because the reaction would be little to none. This means cats in modern society are actually more valuable than humans. The reason for this may be because people reflect their loneliness to cats and see them as a more trusthworthy companion than humans.

Obsession with Cats

In this case, the cat really did something heroic by rushing to attack a much larger predator without it being personally threatened. It's not the kind of behavior that one would usually expect from cats, though, and definitely no cause to idolize or apply anthropomorphism any sort of pet.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Obsession with Cats

A cat is a replacement for a child. It's obvious. Opening a can of cat food is about all women want to invest in any relationship. But they expect unconditional love like a cat would give them. Pathetic if you ask me.

Team Nachos

Obsession with Cats

Cats are territorial. Might have reacted the same ways towards the dog even if the kid wasn't there.

Love how the mom runs inside leaving the kid to himself.

Obsession with Cats

Great fuckin job by the cat in that video. I dont really see the connection between the OP's rant and the video itself.

Also, outside of lonely spinsters and crazy femcunt types, who is actually obsessed with cats[Image: icon_question.gif] Most people are ambivalent or straight up hate cats, let alone be obsessed with them.

Obsession with Cats

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Obsession with Cats

I grew up with cats and like them so long as they are friendly. Cats symbolize the feminine, Dogs symbolize the masculine.

I don't see cats being a replacement for men as much as I see dogs filling that role. If a woman has a choice between the two, I think most would pick a dog. Especially younger women.

That said, Soup is onto something. Why is this video being lauded around the country?

Boy - Represents the emerging masculine. In this case the innocent, boyish, beta kind.
Dog - Represnts the masculine, but in this case the aggressive, alpha kind
Cat - Represents the feminine.

The video is stating that the feminine should get her claws out and be more aggressive against the stronger more alpha masculine, because it's a threat to innocence and undeveloped, boyish masculinity.

That's my take on why it's become viral. Good find Soup.

Obsession with Cats

It looks like the woman and the kid at the end are freaked out by the cat as well..

Obsession with Cats

Hey,

I've always had cats, and there are certain breeds of cat that are more "dog like" than others, for example Tabbies and Main Coons (From what I can gather from the video, the cat in it is a tabby cat). These cats can and do show a considerable amount of loyalty and affection towards their owners.

Obsession with Cats

Cats are evil.

I bet the cat was just mad at the dog for making a move on the child first.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Obsession with Cats

I thought it was cute seeing the cat save the kid, kinda nice seeing things like this the kid could have ended up with multiple scars were it not for the cat.

Obsession with Cats

I hate cats and I usually hate most dogs women own because the morons rarely discipline them.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Obsession with Cats

I dig cats. Great little companions. I've had them all my life.

I have two cats and two dogs. The cats are better in some ways and the dogs are better in some ways. But I like all four of them the same. I never understood how you have to be either a dog person or cat person.

Obsession with Cats

I had a chubby lil female cat for years and a 80 pound dog. I had a random kitten in my house one time and for whatever reason my dog snapped at the kitten and bit it. My chubby girl cat came in out of no where and fucked my dog up protecting that random ass kitten. It was hard for me to get the dog out of the room to save him from getting thrashed. Then my chubby girl cat went to the kitten cleaned it up some and stood in front of the kitten facing the room I locked the dog in for a hour or so till everything calmed down.

Cats aren't all bad.

I fought a guy that was like 6'3 and out weighed me by prally 40 lbs when I was in the AirForce cause he kicked a kitten off the second story of our dorms. Call me a beta if you want...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Obsession with Cats

You're seeing things which are not there regarding this video.

Not every cat is a typical asshole, the same can be said for every dog is an angel ready to defend its owner and family, nothing is set in stone.

That dog was mooching about, saw the kid as a meal and attacked for food. The cat attacked it for two reasons, territorial and defense of the child.

Its like saying no man can be with lions or Tigers and yet there are hundreds of people living with big cats for years.

Obsession with Cats

I fucking hate cats, but this one did some heroic shit. If I had to have a cat, I would pick this one.

Obsession with Cats

I don't think the cat is being "heroic".

Can an animal really be heroic?

Obsession with Cats

Quote: (05-15-2014 02:35 AM)soup Wrote:  

Cats have better game than humans.

Obsession with Cats

Quote: (05-15-2014 12:04 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

What does it say about the typical man that he inspires less love, attention and devotion from a woman than a cat does?

Obsession with Cats

Quote: (05-15-2014 12:10 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2014 12:04 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

What does it say about the typical man that he inspires less love, attention and devotion from a woman than a cat does?

That we need to start a movement railing against the oppressive Catriarchy and give it a century or so.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Obsession with Cats

The video looks staged. You have a nice video of the dog circling around the car and then it switches to another shot attacking the kid. Did they have two cameras? I'm skeptical. Now stupid youtube videos are making the news.

Rico... Sauve....

Obsession with Cats

The OP made the exact same thread before. Why bring it up again?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14242.html

Obsession with Cats

I think both the woman and kid were shocked how fast nature operates, both the dog's visciousness and the cat's quick instincts. Both of these quick acts seemed to upset the mom and kid, who are most likely comfortably soft and slow to respond to threat...

Obsession with Cats

Quote: (05-15-2014 12:17 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

The OP made the exact same thread before. Why bring it up again?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14242.html

Soup just really hates cats.

[Image: catlady.gif]