rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking a shit in a squat position.

The science is unclear wether squating while taking a dump is healthier. Some enterprising gent even designed a "stool" like stand to place your feet on while doing #2. I went ahead and started using the roller from my balance board and although it was awkward at first, i'm now accustomed to it but can't fully decide if it make a difference.

[Image: attachment.jpg18659]   [Image: attachment.jpg18660]   

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Lol at the lizard sitting on the can.

In all seriousness, I've read multiple studies about this exact thing, and it coincides with the notion that we as humans have not evolved over the last ten thousand years. Our ancestors squatted in the woods, and we have luxuries they never did (indoor plumbing). Humans back then were functional creatures, and were flexible, strong, and animalistic. Contrast that to man of today and we see people that are weak, inflexible below a regular sitting position and "civilized". I'll take shitting in the woods anyday.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

You can see stuff like this in the wild with women squatting behind dumpsters and Toyotas to pee.

But in all seriousness. Squatting is the way it's supposed to be done. Many parts of the world still have a concrete black hole you squat and shit into, we call it primitive, but they are just keeping it real.

Many modern colon issues we face is due to us sitting to much and sitting to shut. Humans are supposed to squat and stand mostly, that is a natural setting for us versus sitting up right in a chair.

[Image: attachment.jpg18663]   

[Image: attachment.jpg18664]   

I've been pooping squat-style for years.

It definitely feels better and more thorough.

I just lift the toilet seat, perch on the rim and grab my kindle.

Best 10 minutes of my day. :-)

Yeah I am in Turkey and my place has a squat toilet. I like it. It feels minimalistic and natural. And it´s a good balance training too.

When I was young I hated that stuff as it was so backwards.

I've also seen this device for sale, that folds out around a regular toilet.
[Image: checkout_pic2.JPG]

Never tried it though. Usually I can just shit in seconds, like some sort of shitting ninja.

Quote: (05-13-2014 12:36 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

10 minutes?! Are you performing a full squat workout during that time? [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (05-13-2014 01:51 PM)Chaos Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2014 12:36 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

10 minutes?! Are you performing a full squat workout during that time? [Image: smile.gif]

Hey, you have to savor the good things in life. [Image: tongue.gif]

No shit, I saw a rerun of 2 and a half men today where Alan was advocating one of these things to put your feet on while taking a dump

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Been meaning to post about this.

After some recurring hemorrhoid issues, I taught myself to squat over the bowl- (kind of like a kung fu horse-stance). It works the quads, but now it's second-nature.

It really makes sense that sitting on a toilet seat is an unnatural (in addition to being un-manly) position that puts stress on sensitive areas. Have not had a recurrence of hemorrhoids since adopting this method.

Oh, and screw that platform that retro-fits the toilet. No need to buy anything- just learn to squat like a man.

Related: I don't use paper-- instead, I use a shower head on the NARROW stream, (a "douchette") to clean things out WHILE squatting OVER the bowl (important! lol) in this horse-stance position. (The hose on the shower head attachment from my old fashioned tub is long enough to do this easily)

Paper is disgusting. It all rinses clean in about 8 seconds using this "douchette" method.

P.S. I'm American

interesting, i was just watching idiot abroad or some show and surprisngly many countries still have a hole in the floor and squat instead of toilets. ive also heard thats actually healthier or at the very least easier. that said still seems strange to me having grownup with toilets.

Quote: (05-13-2014 03:04 PM)la passione Wrote:  

After some recurring hemorrhoid issues, I taught myself to squat over the bowl- (kind of like a kung fu horse-stance). It works the quads, but now it's second-nature.

What do you mean by squatting - are you standing on the floor and just hovering your ass over the toilet seat? Seems like it would have no advantages over sitting in terms of how your innards are angled (?)

Quote: (05-13-2014 04:01 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

What do you mean by squatting - are you standing on the floor and just hovering your ass over the toilet seat? Seems like it would have no advantages over sitting in terms of how your innards are angled (?)

Basically that's it. The best way I can describe it, from what I've read, and personal experience, resting the ass in the lazy, North-American toilet-seat position concentrates pressure directly to the sensitive anal area (not a good thing). Whereas squatting as I've described one has to work the quad muscles to maintain this position, which re-directs the focus of pressure away from the anus.

Quote: (05-13-2014 04:32 PM)la passione Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2014 04:01 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

Basically that's it. The best way I can describe it, from what I've read, and personal experience, resting the ass in the lazy, North-American toilet-seat position concentrates pressure directly to the sensitive anal area (not a good thing). Whereas squatting as I've described one has to work the quad muscles to maintain this position, which re-directs the focus of pressure away from the anus.

If it worked for you, great. But I don't understand your opposition to getting a foot rest thing or a whole platform. The 'squatting' position you described is entirely different to the one that is being discussed in this thread. It can only be achieved with extra items (foot rest, platform) or by perching on the bowl.

Quote: (05-13-2014 04:49 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

or by perching on the bowl.

Good points, well actually, I should mention I started out this exact way (I'm 165 lbs/74 kg) and it evolved over time to the way I described. I found I got the same benefits. I still go back to this from time to time. But sure, if a platform makes it easier, why not.

Now that I'm thinking about it again, it seems like there are two issues, namely A) angle of internal anatomy during elimination; and B) re-focus of pressure away from anus. I'm pretty confident the method I use at least accomplishes the latter. (And, though debatable, may be an improvement over sitting, vis a vis the former)

Quote: (05-13-2014 02:47 PM)little wing Wrote:  

No shit, I saw a rerun of 2 and a half men today where Alan was advocating one of these things to put your feet on while taking a dump

Had no idea, but there actually are devices so you can squat over the toilet bowl. Check out "Welles step".

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

My shits last 30 seconds on a squat toilet and get out everything I need to.

I had the pleasure of poopping in a fancy high tech toilet in Japan. It had a cushioned heated seat. Screw keeping it real. Japan knows what's up.

Team Nachos

[Image: grandpa-simpson-arrives-and-leaves_49.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Never done it, dont plan on doing. I squat enough in the gym and retaining that position whilst having a shit would make my lower back ache. Yay for heavy lifting.

I see it as backwards really and I haven't had any problems with regular shitting positions anyway.

If you're new to squat shitting I would recommend fully removing your pants from your body the first few times [Image: exclamation.gif]

Is there less wiping?

How about just sitting normally and bending forward with your face facing the floor. Wouldn't that make the same hip angle as squatting?

Edit: this video is interesting (although they're selling a product):