rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Poland and what is getting on my nerves

There are loads of threads about Poland on here, mostly all datasheets and meetups, and they all glorify the place. So I thought I would bring some variety to the board. Or just talk shit, whinge and entertain myself (and hopefully others).

All up I have spent about 150 days in Poland, and here is what is pissing me off.

Warm Drinks
So I still get excited and happy when I walk into a gas station and beer is readily available at dirt cheap prices.
BUT!
None of the fridges are turned on. Or they are at the lowest setting.
If I am lucky, I can dig out all the beers at the front and the last two beers at the back will be at a good temperature.
This happens almost every fucking time!

Jokes on them, it uses EXACTLY the same amount of electricity to run a fridge on full load as it does on the lowest setting. Once you have gotten it to that temperature that is (which doesn't use that much electricity anyway)

No Change
Every time I buy something, the shop keeper asks me if I have the exact change.
They have hundreds of people walking in and out of here every fucking day, you would think they would be a little prepared. Especially considering the bank machines only give out 50's, 100's and 200's.
Nobody likes walking around with a pocket full of change. So no, I didn't bring the exact change with me.
Yet they this give you this shitty look when you don't have exactly 27.96zl on you.

The roads
Every fucking road is fucked!
You want to go across the country? Yeah just that this one lane country road behind a truck convey for 9 hours, but be sure to change your shock absorbers before AND after.

Parking
Every fucking cunt thinks it is acceptable to park over 2 parking spots. So the next dickhead goes to park next to him and surprise surprise he is parked over 2 spots.
I swear, car parks can only get to about 70% capacity due to this.
stupidity is so contagious here.

Going out
Belvedere is still expensive.
Everyone still smokes.
Every guy has a shit haircut and wears a bum-bag (seriously, a fanny-pack. I wish i was fucking joking!).
When you finally find someone that speaks good conversational English, only about 30% of the time, it is somebody that you wouldn't mind talking to.
Find a good looking girl that speaks English, most of the time she is some geek that you couldn't be bothered talking to.

Also. Whenever you hear "Oh yeah they speak English", don't get your hopes up.

[Yes I understand that if anything, they should be complaining that I am not speaking polish]

The napkins
When you go to a restaurant there is always napkins on the table. This is a great idea, because you are only human if you make a mess everywhere.
But the napkins are always in this little fucking intricate design which makes them fucking useless.
You cant get one out without fucking up the whole stack. Then when you finally do, its only big enough to clean up like 2 fingers.
Jokes on them, I order ribs a lot.

I will have to find some pics on the net for the people that don't know what I am talking about.

http://www.thecramer5.com/assets/cramer5...81951f.jpg
http://polkami.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/img_0541.jpg

The nationalistic attitude
I hate when people can't look at their country subjectively.
"USA is the best country in the world"
"Norway is the greatest country on the planet"
"Poland is the best country there is"
My standard reply to these phrases I hear all to often is "Yeah you don't even own a passport do you?"

But you can't even point out some black and white fact.
Roads are shit
Wages are fucking shit
Its always grey
There is a bad smell everywhere you go

You will always be met with stiff resistance and you will be told how Poland is the best country in the world.

Then when you try to eat. They think every fucking food originated in Poland!!
Boiled potatoes? "Oh yeah that's a polish dish"
Schnitzel or Pork Knuckle "Oh yeah that's a polish"
Any form of soup "Oh yeah that's a polish dish"

I swear to god, I have been told that Bruschetta is a polish dish!

Beggars
Fucking everywhere!

Anyway, I will finish this up by saying that I know I am coming of really ignorant right now.
But I am sure there is a lot that other people would like to add to the list.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Have you been moving around or spending most of your time in one place?

Quote: (06-20-2014 05:47 AM)draguer Wrote:  

Have you been moving around or spending most of your time in one place?

Most of the time has been spent in Warsaw, Bydgoszcz and Gdansk.

But I have been in many other cities.
Seems to be all similar culture.

You can't deposit money in ATMs. And I really really wish I was joking.

Every medical birth control method (pills, patches) are prescribed. And doctors are not free. Abortion is illegal. Girls are catholic. So it's highly probably you will be a father.

Polish girls are butterface. You will not find a girl with truly beautiful face. They have big and ugly noses, big cheeks and wide faces. When you see a very beautiful girl, chances are she's Ukrainian.

Poles are racist (not in the liberal sense. plain racist. they enjoy expressing how much they hate Germans, Russians, Arabs etc.) They are also very proud nationalists, you would think there is something to be proud of.

Poland has no culture. No traditional music, food, customs, traditions. There is nothing special about this country to begin with. And, like that wasn't enough, it's getting more and more westernized everyday.

There is national holiday literally every month. And all the shops, markets, pharmacies, restaurants, bars, clubs are closed. Everybody leaves town, so you are living in a dead city every month for a few days (not including sundays). Christmas break is around 3 weeks. They celebrate both Orthodox Christmas and Catholic Christmas. If there was a Muslim Christmas they would celebrate it too.

Fast food culture. I lived in Krakow for 6 months. Not only there is a Mcdonalds in every corner, I know a mall that has 2 Mcdonalds in it. Kebap shacks, Burger King and KFC too. enough said.

The restaurants are terribly overpriced considering the shitty quality food they serve. I ordered the most expensive steak in a restaurant on the main square, and I got something that tastes like meatballs.

There is no tipping. This leads to bad service and bitch-faced waitresses. There was only one time I was very pleased with the service and it was an American restaurant. Say what you want about Americans but they know how to be service oriented.

Girls dress VERY bad. As if they are trying to cover their beauty, instead of highlighting it. Dressing sexy is considered being a slut. You won't find girls in mini skirts in clubs, which is ridiculous.

Girls graduate around 23-24. And they don't stop the carousel until they graduate. which leads to an intense hook-up culture. Why am I complaining? It bugs me that the girl I'm banging has banged several other dudes this week. I want my girl to be relationship oriented, even exlusive. But dating a Polish girl is much harder than banging her. Poland is like a parallel universe where you have to give girls good sex in order to date them.

I will write more if something comes to my mind.

Quote: (06-20-2014 06:53 AM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Every medical birth control method (pills, patches) are prescribed. And doctors are not free. Abortion is illegal. Girls are catholic. So it's highly probably you will be a father.

Polish girls are butterface. You will not find a girl with truly beautiful face. They have big and ugly noses, big cheeks and wide faces. When you see a very beautiful girl, chances are she's Ukrainian.

Poles are racist (not in the liberal sense. plain racist. they enjoy expressing how much they hate Germans, Russians, Arabs etc.) They are also very proud nationalists, you would think there is something to be proud of.

Poland has no culture. No traditional music, food, customs, traditions. There is nothing special about this country to begin with. And, like that wasn't enough, it's getting more and more westernized everyday.

There is national holiday literally every month. And all the shops, markets, pharmacies, restaurants, bars, clubs are closed. Everybody leaves town, so you are living in a dead city every month for a few days (not including sundays). Christmas break is around 3 weeks. They celebrate both Orthodox Christmas and Catholic Christmas. If there was a Muslim Christmas they would celebrate it too.

Fast food culture. I lived in Krakow for 6 months. Not only there is a Mcdonalds in every corner, I know a mall that has 2 Mcdonalds in it. Kebap shacks, Burger King and KFC too. enough said.

The restaurants are terribly overpriced considering the shitty quality food they serve. I ordered the most expensive steak in a restaurant on the main square, and I got something that tastes like meatballs.

There is no tipping. This leads to bad service and bitch-faced waitresses. There was only one time I was very pleased with the service and it was an American restaurant. Say what you want about Americans but they know how to be service oriented.

Girls dress VERY bad. As if they are trying to cover their beauty, instead of highlighting it. Dressing sexy is considered being a slut. You won't find girls in mini skirts in clubs, which is ridiculous.

Girls graduate around 23-24. And they don't stop the carousel until they graduate. which leads to an intense hook-up culture. Why am I complaining? It bugs me that the girl I'm banging has banged several other dudes this week. I want my girl to be relationship oriented, even exlusive. But dating a Polish girl is much harder than banging her. Poland is like a parallel universe where you have to give girls good sex in order to date them.

Seriously there is an intense hook up culture in Poland ?
I am surprised, I thought maybe in main cities you would have that, but I always saw Poland as being one of those traditional countries that is perhaps getting more Westernized, geez this shit is spreading fast.

Quote: (06-20-2014 06:56 AM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

Seriously there is an intense hook up culture in Poland ?
I am surprised, I thought maybe in main cities you would have that, but I always saw Poland as being one of those traditional countries that is perhaps getting more Westernized, geez this shit is spreading fast.

Keep in mind, I was mostly in Krakow.

Yep I forgot to mention these 2.
How many national holidays are there in Poland? I has to be like 15 per year or something ridiculous.

As for the fast food. It seems like only the guys are overweight. There are overweight girls but its usually like only 10-15% of the population.
The men however... Must be like 60%

Not stuff that grinds my gears. Just observations.

Quote: (06-20-2014 05:44 AM)spalex Wrote:  

There are loads of threads about Poland on here, mostly all datasheets and meetups, and they all glorify the place. So I thought I would bring some variety to the board. Or just talk shit, whinge and entertain myself (and hopefully others).

All up I have spent about 150 days in Poland, and here is what is pissing me off.

Warm Drinks
So I still get excited and happy when I walk into a gas station and beer is readily available at dirt cheap prices.
BUT!
If I am lucky, I can dig out all the beers at the front and the last two beers at the back will be at a good temperature.

Jokes on them, it uses EXACTLY the same amount of electricity to run a fridge on full load as it does on the lowest setting. Once you have gotten it to that temperature that is (which doesn't use that much electricity anyway)

I like the post, it reminds me of how every country has its ups and downs, good qualities and negative traits.

Hope you have enough of the good to balance out the bad. [Image: smile.gif]

One thing I want to point out is that heat flow rate is a function of temperature difference. Note the ΔT in the following equation:

ΔQ/Δt = -kA(ΔT/x)

So yeah, they actually do save energy in the steady state by having a warmer temperature in the fridge. They're dicks, but they're dicks for a reason!

I'm in Poland now.... Wtf? This is basically a troll thread.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Yeah - don't know what you have been doing in Poland, but most guys have way different experiences.

I guess you have been here on the Erasmus experience for 6 months?
I have been here way longer than that on and off in the last 3 years and I can tell you the following:

There are quite a few number of so called Erasmus sluts, who specialize in fucking Erasmus students. Most girls are way different from that! An Erasmus slut might truly fuck 3 guys per week, but they are less than 5% of students (probably not even 1%) there. The reason for it is for wide-range slut-shaming that is still prevalent in Poland.

The young ones are getting sluttier by the hour as everywhere, but it is still way better than in the West.

Also - you have been to Bydgoszcz, Warsaw and Gdansk/Sopot?

Now Bydgoszcz is partly poor and partly a great student-town - it can actually make Game easier, if you do Daygame.

Gdansk and Sopot in summer attracts the most beautiful women from 3 cities plus many local tourists. Polish professional PUAs are doing Game-bootcamps there especially for that reason.

Warsaw is good for Daygame and Night-Game if you already are good at it in the West.

Warm Drinks

Most petrol stations and supermarkets have strict regulations regarding that. You may find a private store that tries to save energy, since it is indeed a poor country and energy is more expensive than in the US.

No Change

Really? Every time you buy something? I bought plenty of stuff there and experienced it only a few times. I also got myself a local bank account which is useful, if you want to stay for longer than 3 months. They quickly give you a Debit Card in some banks. It is easy enough to do as a foreigner.

The roads

Yeah - roads are shit, though getting better recently. So what?

Parking

Yeah - Polish drivers are the worst. They lead in EU death and accident statistics by a wide margin. They drive badly and many are morons on the road.

Going out
Going out is still cheap.

Daygame/Night-Streetgame is even cheaper and more effective in Poland.
In comparison to Western prices even the more expensive Warsaw/Sopot clubs are dirt-cheap.

And language?
I speak Polish fairly well, but even I use English sometimes, when I sense that a girl wants to have an adventure with a mysterious foreigner - especially since my targets are young fresh ones from ages 18-20, who barely arrived in the big city.

The napkins
What do you care about the napkins?

You've got that attitude almost everywhere

BTW - you complain about the holidays? In most Western countries in the EU you have Sunday and half of Saturday stores closed. In Poland they have some holidays, but it is not even close to Germany or France.

Beggars

Yeah- but at least the Romanian beggar mafia has left for London, Paris, Vienna and Amsterdam. The locals left are not so bad unless you visit a poor city.

My personal take:

The Good:

- great demographics ( better in FSU, Ukraine and Belarus, but still good) in the West there are roughly 10% more men for every fertile woman - add to that the SMV-dynamics and you get plenty of thirsty dudes. There are a huge number of 22-27 year old girls, because there was a baby-boom in the 1980s. That is unique in Europe.

- most local guys have no Game, they never needed it due to the benevolent SMP, but any guy with Game and being a Foreigner has a leg up

- uniform country with little immigrants (I am a son of immigrants too, so I am not bashing here)

- girls are friendly and kind - unless you meet the occasional bitch most girls are way nicer during Daygame or Nightgame than in the West

- Dudes are let's put it not very good-looking. Guys are getting fat at the age of 30, so especially as an older Guy you stick out. If you compare it for example with Switzerland or Italy where there are a ton of good-looking guys, then Poland is a paradise for comparative measure. Sure -Game is king, but looks count too.

- it is really cheap to live there - if you stay in the big cities, you do not lose much loss of life quality, but it is extremely cheap. Especially if you have a location-independent income you can buy an appartment for cheap (40.000$ will get you a small decent one) and can survive on 500$ / month if you really want to. If you pay rent you can live comfortably for 1000-1500$ / month.

- another great thing is if you decide to Game in the really small cities and even villages. Car Game (driving up to chicks and taking them along) or Day Game is massive there. You can bang 15-year-old chicks with impunity here, since the age of consent is 15 and it is truly enforced that way. There are a bunch of guys who especially game 15-18 YRO girls in shopping malls. The attitude of girls is changing due to feminism, but the poorer ones don't care about feminism. The young students are getting fucked up, but the rest don't care.

The bad:

- crazy bad drivers
- lower quality infrastructure
- yes - can be racist - chicks like Spanish, Italian guys, but not Middle-Eastern or Arab - if you can hide your heritage and tell them you are Spanish, you will do fine, otherwise Game will be tough for a an obvious guy from Palestine. As far as racism goes - yes there is some, but black guys do fine here due to novelty factor and many girls want to fuck a black guy at least once. Game needed though.
- it is getting westernized and girls are getting fatter fast
- yes - butterfaces are there, but there are plenty of pretty girls left - the most pretty ones are harder to game though - Tip: Aim for the really young ones - 16-20 YRO - at that age the really pretty ones still have low bitch-shields and are quite friendly.

My tip: Come and see for yourself. Guys bring their own perceptions to the table as with everything in life. Hit on anything from ages 16 upwards - it is legal here and rightly so.

When I went to Poland I didn't notice the change thing.

Poland is the least nationalistic country I've ever been to. "Why are you here in Poland? We are so poor... I think US has better life". Big contrast with Thailand.

Poland is also one of the top 5 cheapest countries I've ever been to for going out. One of those 100zl notes is enough to get you entry anywhere + endless pints of beer.

Basically what are you talking about OP??

Quote: (06-20-2014 11:06 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Yeah - don't know what you have been doing in Poland, but most guys have way different experiences.

I guess you have been here on the Erasmus experience for 6 months?
I have been here way longer than that on and off in the last 3 years and I can tell you the following:

There are quite a few number of so called Erasmus sluts, who specialize in fucking Erasmus students. Most girls are way different from that! An Erasmus slut might truly fuck 3 guys per week, but they are less than 5% of students (probably not even 1%) there. The reason for it is for wide-range slut-shaming that is still prevalent in Poland.

The young ones are getting sluttier by the hour as everywhere, but it is still way better than in the West.

Also - you have been to Bydgoszcz, Warsaw and Gdansk/Sopot?

Now Bydgoszcz is partly poor and partly a great student-town - it can actually make Game easier, if you do Daygame.

Gdansk and Sopot in summer attracts the most beautiful women from 3 cities plus many local tourists. Polish professional PUAs are doing Game-bootcamps there especially for that reason.

Warsaw is good for Daygame and Night-Game if you already are good at it in the West.

Warm Drinks

Most petrol stations and supermarkets have strict regulations regarding that. You may find a private store that tries to save energy, since it is indeed a poor country and energy is more expensive than in the US.

No Change

Really? Every time you buy something? I bought plenty of stuff there and experienced it only a few times. I also got myself a local bank account which is useful, if you want to stay for longer than 3 months. They quickly give you a Debit Card in some banks. It is easy enough to do as a foreigner.

The roads

Yeah - roads are shit, though getting better recently. So what?

Parking

Yeah - Polish drivers are the worst. They lead in EU death and accident statistics by a wide margin. They drive badly and many are morons on the road.

Going out
Going out is still cheap.

Daygame/Night-Streetgame is even cheaper and more effective in Poland.
In comparison to Western prices even the more expensive Warsaw/Sopot clubs are dirt-cheap.

And language?
I speak Polish fairly well, but even I use English sometimes, when I sense that a girl wants to have an adventure with a mysterious foreigner - especially since my targets are young fresh ones from ages 18-20, who barely arrived in the big city.

The napkins
What do you care about the napkins?

You've got that attitude almost everywhere

BTW - you complain about the holidays? In most Western countries in the EU you have Sunday and half of Saturday stores closed. In Poland they have some holidays, but it is not even close to Germany or France.

Beggars

Yeah- but at least the Romanian beggar mafia has left for London, Paris, Vienna and Amsterdam. The locals left are not so bad unless you visit a poor city.

My personal take:

The Good:

- great demographics ( better in FSU, Ukraine and Belarus, but still good) in the West there are roughly 10% more men for every fertile woman - add to that the SMV-dynamics and you get plenty of thirsty dudes. There are a huge number of 22-27 year old girls, because there was a baby-boom in the 1980s. That is unique in Europe.

- most local guys have no Game, they never needed it due to the benevolent SMP, but any guy with Game and being a Foreigner has a leg up

- uniform country with little immigrants (I am a son of immigrants too, so I am not bashing here)

- girls are friendly and kind - unless you meet the occasional bitch most girls are way nicer during Daygame or Nightgame than in the West

- Dudes are let's put it not very good-looking. Guys are getting fat at the age of 30, so especially as an older Guy you stick out. If you compare it for example with Switzerland or Italy where there are a ton of good-looking guys, then Poland is a paradise for comparative measure. Sure -Game is king, but looks count too.

- it is really cheap to live there - if you stay in the big cities, you do not lose much loss of life quality, but it is extremely cheap. Especially if you have a location-independent income you can buy an appartment for cheap (40.000$ will get you a small decent one) and can survive on 500$ / month if you really want to. If you pay rent you can live comfortably for 1000-1500$ / month.

- another great thing is if you decide to Game in the really small cities and even villages. Car Game (driving up to chicks and taking them along) or Day Game is massive there. You can bang 15-year-old chicks with impunity here, since the age of consent is 15 and it is truly enforced that way. There are a bunch of guys who especially game 15-18 YRO girls in shopping malls. The attitude of girls is changing due to feminism, but the poorer ones don't care about feminism. The young students are getting fucked up, but the rest don't care.

The bad:

- crazy bad drivers
- lower quality infrastructure
- yes - can be racist - chicks like Spanish, Italian guys, but not Middle-Eastern or Arab - if you can hide your heritage and tell them you are Spanish, you will do fine, otherwise Game will be tough for a an obvious guy from Palestine. As far as racism goes - yes there is some, but black guys do fine here due to novelty factor and many girls want to fuck a black guy at least once. Game needed though.
- it is getting westernized and girls are getting fatter fast
- yes - butterfaces are there, but there are plenty of pretty girls left - the most pretty ones are harder to game though - Tip: Aim for the really young ones - 16-20 YRO - at that age the really pretty ones still have low bitch-shields and are quite friendly.

My tip: Come and see for yourself. Guys bring their own perceptions to the table as with everything in life. Hit on anything from ages 16 upwards - it is legal here and rightly so.

Hi good post but what is SMV and SMP?
I am going to Gdansk in 2 weeks so will keep an eye out for Polish PUA gangs...should be amusing [Image: wink.gif]
Regarding Bydgoszcz I agree but Torun is also a hidden gem.

Quote: (06-20-2014 02:21 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

Hi good post but what is SMV and SMP?
I am going to Gdansk in 2 weeks so will keep an eye out for Polish PUA gangs...should be amusing [Image: wink.gif]
Regarding Bydgoszcz I agree but Torun is also a hidden gem.

SMV - sexual market value and sexual market place - Game knowledge basics via Rational Male:

http://therationalmale.com/2013/06/20/sm...ttachment/
http://therationalmale.com/2012/06/04/fi...g-the-smp/

Yes - Torun is good too.

If going to Gdansk - rather rent something in Sopot. Girls from Gdansk, Gdynia and surrounding areas all flock to Sopot for evening entertainment. Better logistics that way. Take something within walking distance of the main club-street (there is only one) near the main pier. You can do Street-Game in the evenings there or go to the clubs.
Also they built a large beach in Gdynia now which opens up opportunities for plenty of bikini-Daygame. There are a couple of beach restaurants/cafes there, so you can invite her for drinks instantly.

Daygame can be done in all 3 cities - Gdansk, Sopot, Gdynia as well as on the beaches of those cities. They are all just a few minutes apart via city-train.

Poland lacks severely in gays,feminists and Danish herring.Just kidding.

No one's forcing you to stay there, if it's that bad I'm sure you could find greener grass elsewhere

I agree about the roads although the UK is getting worse too.
Perhaps if Poland ever dares to go into the Euro some road funding may be given mainly to upgrade the infrastructure of much needed extra motorways.
The food thing amused me...we will be told pizza, fish and chips and burger and fries were all invented in Poland soon [Image: smile.gif]

I've been living here for a while and 80% what you wrote it is bullshit

Shit! I arrive in Wroclaw Sunday then hit Warsaw. FML haha.

Pills don't need to be prescribed, it's just cheaper when they are.

Rasist? there are way more racist countries in Europe than Poland, polish people have nothing against russians or germans, it's all about history there but they're aware than you can't blame people for what their country made 75 years ago.

Poland has no culture? country exist from 966r, survived wars, partitions, disapeared from European map but has no culture? ok then

No food? have you even been here?

You write about not having traditions and than you moan about polish national holidays? and no one is celebrating orthodox christmas.

Ohh, you were pleased served in american restaurant by who? americans [Image: biggrin.gif]?

You wrote about polish girls being catholic and than you write they only want to hook up and don't want to get into relationship ??? how does it sound ?

Quote: (06-20-2014 08:42 AM)polymath Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2014 05:44 AM)spalex Wrote:  

Warm Drinks
BUT!

I like the post, it reminds me of how every country has its ups and downs, good qualities and negative traits.

Hope you have enough of the good to balance out the bad. [Image: smile.gif]

One thing I want to point out is that heat flow rate is a function of temperature difference. Note the ΔT in the following equation:

ΔQ/Δt = -kA(ΔT/x)

So yeah, they actually do save energy in the steady state by having a warmer temperature in the fridge. They're dicks, but they're dicks for a reason!

Damn you! This thread's one saving grace was supposed to be allowing me to express my physics skillz but you beat me to it. Now it's just worthless period.

To the haters...

I'm gonna be blunt here but from history/tradition standpoint, our nation was one of the bravest in the world. When we were ruling in europe, fighting and dying in countless wars and battles, defending our borders and living in the largest state in Europe at a time stretching from the Baltic to the Black Sea and from the Oder to the Dnieper River, most of your ancestors were literally monkeys on the trees back in those days.

Unfortunately we got tired of all this shit and eventually got partitioned by all three of its more powerful neighbours and later attacked and gangbanged by them during two world wars followed by looong mindfucking abuse by Russia's communism that destroyed our soul and spirits so that we had to fight yet again to break free which we did around 1989. But that year was only the beginning of something new.

Therefore Poland as you know these days is only 22-24 year old country. Do you even realize how little that is? Try to recall how much of a moron you were when you were 22. You barely had sex by this age not to mention the overal stupidity and naiveness you were projecting. And that's how Poland is these days. We're learning how to be a country. After getting back our freedome there were some real epic frauds happening due to change of political state. It's fucking miracle that there is any kind of infrastructure or jobs now along with the abundance of food, entertainment and goods in malls. I talked to old man lately about politics and history and he told this one sentence that really stood out, he said "but... it's only Poland you know". It's true. But on the other hand the progress in past 20 years has been enormous. I can get from Warsaw to Gdansk in just 3 hours driving my own car on a new freeway. I know you're laughing like it's nothing to you but my grandma in her youth has never even dreamed of sitting in a car. So honestly, fuck you and your complaints you spoiled brats.

Politically, Poland nowadays is like a little shy chode in high school class who's trying hard to fit in and dying be accepted by the cool kids. Instead of cultivating our strenghts and fighting to be someone, even totally unpredictable wild cards [like Iran or North Korea] and thriving to be feared but respected, we just keep playing by others' rules trying to sell ourselves to them in hopes of being adopted like hopeless orphans but in the end our weak sheep mentality results in us getting fucked hard in the ass, no lube, every year by pack of big bad wolves.

Thank god for our girls....

People just don't realize how years of war and communism influenced on polish economy and yet, among all post-communist countries Poland has the strongest economy and year by year is getting stronger and stronger, look at the change which Poland passed from a communistic country to what we see this days.

A lot of these complaints could apply to every country.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (06-21-2014 04:17 PM)Booyah Wrote:  

Pills don't need to be prescribed, it's just cheaper when they are.
Pills are prescribed. I literally walked around Krakow at 9 am in the morning and visited all the pharmacies I could find in google maps (over 20) and begged for morning after pills. I even tried lying and bribing. Nothing worked. I asked help from my Polish friends, they told me its impossible without prescription. Same goes for birth control pills. Same even goes for my damn allergy pills Aerius, which is something as basic and harmless a pill can get.
Quote:Quote:

Rasist? there are way more racist countries in Europe than Poland, polish people have nothing against russians or germans, it's all about history there but they're aware than you can't blame people for what their country made 75 years ago.
I've seen countless Polish people speaking ill of some races, especially Germans. I didn't say Poland is the most racist country on earth, I just stated my observations. Yes they are blaming Germans for what happened 75 years ago.

Poland has no culture? country exist from 966r, survived wars, partitions, disapeared from European map but has no culture? ok then
History isnt equal to culture. I've been to 6 other EE countries and Poland is relatively culture-less in my opinion.

No food? have you even been here?
Yes, for 6 months.

You write about not having traditions and than you moan about polish national holidays? and no one is celebrating orthodox christmas.
Tradition isnt equal to holidays either.

Ohh, you were pleased served in american restaurant by who? americans [Image: biggrin.gif]?
I attribute this to the American mentality of the restaurant management rather than the nationality of the waitresses.

You wrote about polish girls being catholic and than you write they only want to hook up and don't want to get into relationship ??? how does it sound ?

Polish girls are catholic at heart. They view abortion as plain murder. On every holiday they go to their families and then go to churches all together to spend their holidays in Catholic way. But then they hook up and drink too. Apparently these 2 are not mutually exclusive.

I have no grudge against Poles. I only wrote about the negative aspects of Poland according to my observations, because of the title of the thread. I also have many positive ones too, like Poles are the friendliest people I've ever seen (unless you're German). In overall I enjoyed Poland a lot, but that was more about me gaming non-stop and less about what Poland had to offer.

The Op was saying a lot of this stuff tongue in cheek (ie half joking) so please don't take it too seriously or personally as every country has a huge list of shortcomings. I could write a book about stuff regarding shit things in the UK and the women would be very high on the list (the opposite problem to Poland!)

XXL...a very interesting insight and just shows how tough Poland has had things in history.