rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coffee Meets Bagel - online dating mobile app that solves a lot of Tinders problems

Coffee Meets Bagel - online dating mobile app that solves a lot of Tinders problems

So while investigating the highs and lows of Online Dating for my upcoming book, I decided to give this new app - Coffee Meets Bagel - a chance - and so far I have been blown away.

At first glance it looks like Tinder - Clicking Yes and No on potential matches, but that is where the similarities end. Here's where it becomes fantastic

As a basic Coffee Meets Bagel User - you only receive 1 potential match a day. That is a good thing because it eliminate the "paralysis by analysis" that women have on online dating sites when faced with too much choice. The less choice a woman tends to have - the more she is likely to give any one person a shot.

Coffee Meets Bagel Inadvertently becomes your wingman - when you and another user get a mutual match - instead of opening up a chat screen you get your own private text message line that's active for a week. This helps you out because texting is more "Real" (compared to online messaging) and you will initiate a better conversation faster. Plus - when establishing the private text line - the Coffee Meets Bagel bot asks you both the same corny question, so immediately this becomes a steady, good opener that you can use: "Did you get a corny first message suggestion as well?" - this line has never failed to yield a good response.

The site/app uses its own currency, called "beans", which can be either purchased or unlocked by completing your profile or inviting people to the app.

Beans can be used to unluck more than 1 daily match, ratings, etc.

Just with the free features alone - Coffee Meets Bagel is incredible to try out, and you will have one good match every day at noon.
Currently - I'm trying to earn more of their "Beans" by refering as many people as possible to their service, so that I can see what their paid services look like and see if they're worth it.
In any case - check it out at the following link (and yes - my referral is included, any signups under me are truly appreciated):

http://coffeemeetsbagel.com/

Thanks for the heads up, tinders getting saturated ! I'll check this out for sure !

Haha! Giving girls one option per day! How diabolical!

I'll have to definitely give this a shot, sounds like a good option for those of us bored of swiping left or right.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I signed up a while ago, it was all the same girls from okc. Just do a google image search on their photo from coffeemeetsbagel and it will often show you their okc profile.

I doubt there are many women using this site that are not already using at least one of the other usual suspects(pof, okcupid, tinder or all 3)

Also, you might want to lower your age on facebook before signing up for this. I am 29 on facebook, 37 in real life. coffeemeetsbagel gives me women that are 29. That is acceptable to me

Quote: (05-12-2014 04:39 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

I doubt there are many women using this site that are not already using at least one of the other usual suspects(pof, okcupid, tinder or all 3)

Also, you might want to lower your age on facebook before signing up for this. I am 29 on facebook, 37 in real life. coffeemeetsbagel gives me women that are 29. That is acceptable to me

Honestly in my experience, women on one site are using them all. It was very uncommon to see a girl on okc and not on pot as well (in my geographic location).

The fact that this site limits a woman's validation by boatloads intrigues me however. She will no longer get 50+ matches in a single sitting, and has to think long and hard about the guy she has for the day. Flipping the script on women hard [Image: banana.gif]

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Man I love this. I wonder if women in Europe will pick this up. If they will then I''ll definitely give this a shit! This definitely sounds better than Tinder.

Just downloaded the app. Let the trolling begin.

I don't see the app going viral with such a ridiculous name. Maybe if they renamed it Coffee, Bagel or Combo...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-12-2014 04:27 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Haha! Giving girls one option per day! How diabolical!
Best thing: it's made by 3 womans according to their site.

1) There is nothing stopping a woman using both Coffee Meets Bagel and Tinder at the same time.

2) If a woman feels that an app is somehow limiting her options, she's simply just not use it. There are plenty of other apps and dating sites that will provide her with a myriad of choices.

Downloading this today [Image: evil.gif] [Image: laugh4.gif]

Do I still need Facebook to sign up for this app like Tinder?

It only let me look at one girl. One a day isn't really enough to make this worth it.

Quote: (05-13-2014 06:28 AM)soup Wrote:  

It only let me look at one girl. One a day isn't really enough to make this worth it.

OP clearly states you get one per day. It's a new method, that said, I won't use it for the same reason.

The one I got today was shite..

Quote: (05-13-2014 06:16 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

1) There is nothing stopping a woman using both Coffee Meets Bagel and Tinder at the same time.

2) If a woman feels that an app is somehow limiting her options, she's simply just not use it. There are plenty of other apps and dating sites that will provide her with a myriad of choices.

SO much this

and This

Quote: (05-13-2014 06:55 AM)mauds Wrote:  

OP clearly states you get one per day. It's a new method, that said, I won't use it for the same reason.

and this

No thanks jeff will not be using this app, most girls on POF are on OKC or on TINDER or on all. Living in a small/midsize towns you see them all. I don't even use POF anymore it's too ratchet

Any one got a bang out of this yet ?

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

I signed up for this when I first moved to NYC. It has been pretty terrible for me to be honest. Only met up with one girl, who quite possibly gave me one of the best compliments I've ever gotten (I remind her of Jack Bauer), but didn't end up going anywhere. Plus you get a bunch of old chicks and if I try to minimize it to a younger set I don't get matches.

Hopefully my experience is not the norm.

Quote: (05-13-2014 08:33 AM)Lothario Wrote:  

Any one got a bang out of this yet ?

Thank you. I'm not listening until someone says "Hey I tried this new app and banged 10 bitches this month".

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-12-2014 03:26 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

As a basic Coffee Meets Bagel User - you only receive 1 potential match a day. That is a good thing because it eliminate the "paralysis by analysis" that women have on online dating sites when faced with too much choice. The less choice a woman tends to have - the more she is likely to give any one person a shot.

I've gotten a few bangs off this in the last couple months. Since it only gives one match per day it can't be your only source of online girls, but I think it is a good addition to Tinder, OKC, Hinge. This app is worth it to me (besides getting bangs) because the time investment is zero. No endless swiping, and no 15 convos going on at once. In a 10 day period I may like 6 or 7 girls and get matched with 2 or 3. But from then on you have them right on a texting line and assuming they respond to your first message or two it is not difficult to translate to a date. If you have beans you can pay to have certain people come up as your "potential" for that day, without them knowing you orchestrated it. I don't have any free beans left but I'd like to get some.

I'd say download the app, spend 5 minutes setting up your profile and let it do its thing for 2 weeks, you may be surprised. Again, zero time investment.

It's the same bitches from all the other dating sites. The problem is not the dating apps. It's the bitches themselves.

Team Nachos

Got 2 bangs off of it already and I've been using it for about a month

Since it's only 1 match a day you can be quite specific with your age preference (mine is 25 and under) and never really run out of girls.

While I do agree with the fact that the bitches are indeed the problem - remember - they are moldable like clay - so they take the shape of whatever environment they are molded by.
So, in practice - hollarin at a chick on Plenty Of Fish, OKC, Tinder, etc - it's all different.

but yeah - this thing requires a minimal time investment once set up - just 1-2 minutes a day.

This preference thing is good.

Since it allows you to be age and ethnicity specific you can really narrow down your search. It also helps filter through the girls who may not like Indians, Blacks, etc etc since they are also choosing preferences.

Good stuff

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Won't hurt to set up shop, just way to avail yourself to new talent in unison with your other recruiting avenues

I agree - has certain filters that ensures that you are ONLY seen by those who are into your specific age/ethnicity

No wasted movements

MDP

The one match a day thing will suck ass when the fatties invade this.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.