rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Body of a Spartan and lifting 6 days per week

I've been working out 6 days per week on the above program, and I really like it. It's getting to the one month mark, and where I expect strength gains to start slowing down. Anyone else following this program or using a similar high frequency routine?

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

I read about it.

Are you just eating one big meal a day? I think he sort of suggested skipping breakfest and not eating lots of small meals.

If it's the same one I'm thinking about I found it odd that he suggested getting most of your calories from just one meal. I never found this practical because I have a job that requires physical labour. So I need lots of small meals just keep up my calories throughout the day.

Besides that all the lifting tips seemed fine.

if this is the first time lifting, you'll be experiencing gains from here on out up to 6-12 months then things start to slow down

That's Victor Pride's book, right?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (05-11-2014 11:51 AM)Heimdallr Wrote:  

I read about it.

Are you just eating one big meal a day? I think he sort of suggested skipping breakfest and not eating lots of small meals.

If it's the same one I'm thinking about I found it odd that he suggested getting most of your calories from just one meal. I never found this practical because I have a job that requires physical labour. So I need lots of small meals just keep up my calories throughout the day.

Besides that all the lifting tips seemed fine.

http://theathleticbuild.com/herschel-wal...diet-plan/

Quote: (05-11-2014 12:50 PM)2014 Wrote:  

http://theathleticbuild.com/herschel-wal...diet-plan/
That seems insane. How could you play a football before you ate anything at all that day?

I guess the body would need to get used to it.

Though I'm wondering just how many calories he consumed for supper. Just eating soup, salad and bread would seem to indicate that he is not getting enough calories. It seems like according to that thread Herschel defies the laws of physics.

I'm eating a big breakfast and dinner and almost nothing for lunch. I lift in the morning so I don't see how I could possibly skip breakfast, but we shall see. And I have been lifting for 5 years but have been using the same weights more or less. I've been seeing awesome gains in the past month on this program.

Yes it is Victor Pride's book.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Sorry, I dont buy this like every other fad out there. This guy never hit a weight room in his life, kept to BW exercises and kept to a low calorie diet.

He is 6'1" and weighs 225lbs.

It is possible but the 1000 calories? For any active man in the construction industry of an average build 1000 calories is just about enough to last till dinner time from an 8am breakfast. Now you tell me a 225lbs man who trains regularly gets by with 1kcals? I smell something.

If there is money to be made there are outrageous claims to be given to those who will fall for it.

While there is some truth to this.

Hershel walker trolled everyone.

Urban legend.

But you can easily thrive on one meal a day if you do it right have a strong will.

You cannot maintain a 225lbs bodyweight on only 1000 cal a day.

More like 5000 cal/day.

If you're black and a genetic freak like Hershel maybe. But yeah even serge nubret (the real one meal a day guru) ate two pounds of horse meat and a plate of rice and beans at that one meal.

I'm more interested in lifting 6 days per week than the one meal per day aspect. Most people I know said I would burn out and over train, but truth be told, I have a ton of energy, to the point where I sleep less at night and still have the energy to swim almost every day.

another amazing plan from menshealth ? meh

[Image: attachment.jpg18616]   
Sounds legit...

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

But ask yourself how many push-ups and sit-ups did Herschel do everyday for years?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (05-11-2014 01:51 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Sorry, I dont buy this like every other fad out there. This guy never hit a weight room in his life, kept to BW exercises and kept to a low calorie diet.

It is possible but the 1000 calories? For any active man in the construction industry of an average build 1000 calories is just about enough to last till dinner time from an 8am breakfast. Now you tell me a 225lbs man who trains regularly gets by with 1kcals? I smell something.

If there is money to be made there are outrageous claims to be given to those who will fall for it.

What's wrong with bodyweight exercises? Gymnast's have great builds and that's pretty much all they do[Image: male_gymnastbackshot.jpg]

Olympic Gymnasts are also on various steroids.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

Can you breakdown the lifting program a bit?

What do you do on each of those six days?

It's a combination of strength 1 rep exercises and progressions 5 rep split into legs/shoulders chest/back with high intensity (1min breaks) with added drop sets or bodyweight exercises at end of workout. It's good, I have been doing it for the past 3 months and will be going into DC training after.

I'm not familiar with the Spartan program, but many weeks I work out for six consecutive days. I basically have one heavy (well, at least for me) program using barbels, and one lighter program using dumbbells and alternate the two. As long as you don;t kill yourself at each workout six days a week works fine.

Quote: (05-11-2014 09:21 PM)lovejoy Wrote:  

What's wrong with bodyweight exercises? Gymnast's have great builds and that's pretty much all they do[Image: male_gymnastbackshot.jpg]

Nothing is wrong with BW exercises.

However you mention gymnasts, which are not on the same level as some guy hitting the monkey bars or mat workouts as a daily routine.

Gymnasts are some of the strongest human beings you can find outside of the WSM competitions, a completely different level to doing situps, pressup variations.

Quote: (05-12-2014 08:30 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2014 09:21 PM)lovejoy Wrote:  

Nothing is wrong with BW exercises.

However you mention gymnasts, which are not on the same level as some guy hitting the monkey bars or mat workouts as a daily routine.

Gymnasts are some of the strongest human beings you can find outside of the WSM competitions, a completely different level to doing situps, pressup variations.

I don't see the difference, as professional body builders are also at a different level than the majority of Gym Rats. Some of the guys that are using the same techniques as the Gymnasts at the playground have great builds, this guy is 46 and says most his workout is BW at the beach.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdmYTYAqHG4

The reason that gymnasts are so huge, is due to the disgustingly high amounts of time under tension as they execute their holds and movements. If you have the time to train like they do, more power to you. It's not a feasible training schedule for most people however. Incorporating some of those moves into your workout will yield you benefits, let there be no doubt.

That being said, stick to the basic movements, get really good and really strong at them, at that will give you the best results in the long term.

I am a huge advocate for the big three, and concentrate maximum effort on the variations of Deadlift, Squat, and Bench. This is the meat and potatoes of my workout, with accessory movements tied on at the end when I am burnt out.

The comment about gymnasts being huge is true to some extent, but they are out of preportion, their lower bodies do not match the torso by any means.

I also lift 6 days a week with a personal training regimen, and have seen great results. Stick to the program for three months before tweaking, because you will know if it is working or not by that time. We're all different, so making a program one's own is invaluable.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I am by no means a health and diet/lifting expert, but I have no idea how anyone could ever be capable of doing hundreds of push-ups and sit-ups, along with 1,500 pull-ups a day while only eating dinner. If this is truth, it seems inhuman to me.