rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Hey guys,

I've only discovered this forum and Roosh's blog pretty recently, and have found it to be pretty interesting and eye-opening. I've been living in Bogotá about two years, and would love to hang out with people into rumba, concerts, and hitting on girls. I am pretty new to game, but I am finding it all fascinating, and would love to trade tales. I'm 29, live near the Zona T. Always down for some visceral experiences, and this city is full of them. I look forward to chatting with and meeting you all. Cheers!

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Welcome. I dabble in Colombian punani myself. Uff...Ya me diste ganas de una sopa de ajiaco HP que tiempos que no me como una! I spend most of my time in Medellin, but will look you up when I have pit stops in BOG.

Mixx

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Hey thanks Mixx. You have some of the most thorough and well-thought-out posts on this forum, especially relating to Colombia. I think Bogotá gets a bum rap because the weather isn't tropical, and the people are a little more serious overall, but I enjoy living here a lot. There's a bit of a cosmopolitan atmosphere here that isn't as strong in other parts of Colombia, and there's always some cool offbeat things going on in addition to the usual Colombian hijinks. And walking around the Zona Rosa, the girls are as hot here as anywhere in Colombia.

Let me know when you're around, and yeah, I sure love me some ajiaco. Mucho gusto.

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Ajiaco,

how are you able to stay in Colombia for 2 years? Do you have a work visa? How are you supporting urself?

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

It ain't glamorous, but most of that time was spent teaching. I got a CELTA like degree at an institute in Mexico. Basically it was a month-long course where I learned how to teach English at a basic level. Then I flew down to Colombia, e-mailed resumes, and knocked on doors. Eventually I found an institute that was willing to sponsor me and got a visa for a year. Teaching there was a lot of fun at first, full of girls for one thing, but the schedule was terrible - early in the morning and late at night with a big gap in between and most Saturdays as well. Pay was enough to live, but not enough to save. Once I got tired of that I found a job at a high school, which was a whole other ball of wax, but it got me a visa as well. Pay was better, only the occasional Saturday handing out grades, but the job itself was brutal. My personality was not suited to teach teenagers, and I burned out eventually. I learned a lot about Colombian society working there, but I can't really say I enjoyed it too much. Now I have an office job that I found sending my CV everywhere and anywhere, and was the result of luck, mostly. Teaching is the easiest way to get a visa, especially if your Spanish isn't very good, but you are not gonna be a high roller with that kind of gig. It was worth it from my own vantage point, but you have to be willing to pound the pavement and accept a certain amount of ambiguity and uncertainty in your life, which can be exhausting if sometimes exhilarating.

If you want to know more Dash, let me know and I'll send you some info about where I studied and the institutes that generally hire foreigners here.

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Ajiaco - if money was not an issue. Say you just had money in abundance, would getting a teaching job be worth it just for the amount of Puntang and social circles you build? I personally know that laws about banging students in Colombia are not harsh or even enforced like in America (so long as she is over 18). I have met many girls who openly bang their teachers as if he was another student. :/

Mixx

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

At the institute, I mostly taught adults. While not exactly encouraged, teacher-student relationships happened all the time. When you first get to Colombia, aside from meeting other foreigners and whatever girls you’ve been talking to online, it can be difficult to meet people if you don’t know anyone, and a teaching gig is definitely a social job that leads to meeting all sorts of locals, teachers and students alike. I also found that having a job and getting into a schedule helped me to get used to the scene quicker, and made me feel like just another guy in the city, as opposed to a directionless unemployed gringo floating over the population.

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

Ajiaco am going to be in Bogota, March 6-13. If you want to meet up for a few drinks let me know.

Bogotá, Colombia (Local)

I'll be for one week in Bogota, starting from Wednesday (August 17th). At the moment I am in Pereira, thanks to the advice of Mixx on this forum. But my problem is that I speak very brokon Spanish, not enough to have a conversation, and NOBODY in Pereira speaks English. I had fun though, but only thanks to the internet ... And I will leave behind a real cutie, which actually hurts ... Anyway, if you feel like meeting in Bogota next week, write me a PM! Or also if you want to meet before in Pereira!!!

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!