rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you a night person?

Are you a night person?

It is 3:30am as I write this.

I fucking love staying up late at night. Last night I went to bed at 5:30am.

Yet - my best buddy always wants to go home around 1am. He was best man at a wedding awhile ago for a friend of ours. And he wanted to head home at midnight - even though it would have meant being the first to leave!?!??

Pisses me off - and really cramps my style during nights out.

I almost take it personally.

So - I am just curious if other guys on here find it hard to stay up during the night, drinking and having fun?

It is really hard for me to imagine not being a night person.

Are you a night person?

I'm definitely a night person. I work odd hours from 4-12am and I like staying up sometimes until 5am.

I find that after hours I can really chill and relax. I can sit down and read a book with no one to bother me. I can go to walmart at 2am and there is no line. For some reason I also get really creative at night. There are days when I just have aha moments and start working on a project late at night.

Mornings are okay but I feel like everyone is in robot mode. Hustle and bustle, on the way to work, Schedules, busy, traffic, lines, running errands.

I've just gotten used to the night life maybe.

Are you a night person?

Yeah - I get super creative between midnight and five in the morning. It is the peak part of the day for me.

In the morning - I have no spark.

Are you a night person?

I am pretty much nocturnal, I have to force myself to go to bed for 6am so I get enough sleep for work the next day. Conversely, I love early mornings when I'm out camping, though I still like to sit staring into the camp fire at night.

Are you a night person?

It's hard for me to say. I'm usually up late at night but I don't structure my sleep schedule. I just sleep when I really am tired and that could be in the middle of the day. I hated having a fixed bed time it felt so unnatural. That could be due to a glowing computer screen running all through the night I'll have to experiment with that sometime.

Are you a night person?

I'm the same. I concentrate far better at 2 or 3am then I do at 11am.

Are you a night person?

It's almost 4 am. I just woke up.

I am the extreme opposite of a night person. My most creative hours are late morning to early afternoon, but my most productive hours are probably 4:30-6:30 am after my coffee has kicked in and I can get work done before anyone else has woken up.

Night people are the norm in the sciences, so I was the only one around most mornings until 9-10 am when I was getting my PhD. In business, morning people are much more common so in my last job I occasionally met a partner or principal who woke up around the same time I do. Stay at any hotel that hosts a lot of business travelers and you will find people like me in the gym at 5 am. Many CEOs wake up around this time - certainly more than you'd expect based on random chance.

In entrepreneurship, you find a lot of night people compared to other areas of business.

Night people tend to be smarter and more creative. Morning people tend to be happier and more proactive. These stereotypes are pretty accurate in my experience.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Are you a night person?

I'm writing this at 1:41AM, I am definitely a night person.

Are you a night person?

I am, but it's not healthy, so I stick to a disciplined lifestyle and never go to sleep later than 11 pm (or a bid past midnight on wekeends). I wake up with the sun. My energy levels, fitness and hormones have all shown gratitude to me for this.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Are you a night person?

As I write this at 4:47 am its safe to say yep. Been laid off since new years and haven't gone to sleep before 3am since and usually get up between 2 and 4 pm. Went a couple weeks in the dead of winter where I went full nocturnal and didn't see the sun for 2 weeks lol. Iv started to tone it done with the warmer weather coming, summer is short in Canada so I don't want to sleep it away.

Are you a night person?

Definitely a night person, more than I'd like to admit. My days are getting later and later even if I'm trying to fight it. But I always try get up before 7am.

Not many things beats the feeling of waking up at 5am with a fresh and alert head after a night of decent sleep.

Are you a night person?

Night person here as well. Actually it's one of the things I am trying to change, but so far I am unable to sleep on regular basis between 1am and 8 am like I would prefer to do.

Its especially difficult after late evening training or late work in the office - I just can't go to sleep so soon after coming back home.

Are you a night person?

Quote: (04-29-2014 03:43 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I am, but it's not healthy, so I stick to a disciplined lifestyle and never go to sleep later than 11 pm (or a bid past midnight on wekeends). I wake up with the sun. My energy levels, fitness and hormones have all shown gratitude to me for this.

Do you drink booze?

Tucking it in consistently at midnight on your weekends is pretty good self control, if so. Here the nightlife is just getting started about that time.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Are you a night person?

I'm the same way. I woke up at 3:50am, and now it's 4:40am. I have my chai tea and bottle of water beside me, and I'll get about 2 hours of productive work done before my son wakes up and it's time to officially start the day.

I used to be a night person, and I was highly creative during the wee morning hours. Then something just switched in my early 30s. I started juicing, getting healthy and working out. When I did that, it did a 180 on my sleep schedule. I started waking up really early with a huge burst of energy, and my creativity never left - it just shifted what time it was most prevalent.

I'll go for a run at 9am, because that's when my creativity/internal drive/motivation starts to wane. It comes back around 1-2pm (perhaps that's just timing from lunch maybe?) and lasts a few hours.

In the end, I don't think it really matters whether you're diurnal or nocturnal. Pay attention to your body, and don't fight what works best for you. I haven't used an alarm clock in years - I go to bed when I'm tired and wake up refreshed, with crazy amounts of energy.

Quote: (04-29-2014 03:00 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

It's almost 4 am. I just woke up.

I am the extreme opposite of a night person. My most creative hours are late morning to early afternoon, but my most productive hours are probably 4:30-6:30 am after my coffee has kicked in and I can get work done before anyone else has woken up.

Night people are the norm in the sciences, so I was the only one around most mornings until 9-10 am when I was getting my PhD. In business, morning people are much more common so in my last job I occasionally met a partner or principal who woke up around the same time I do. Stay at any hotel that hosts a lot of business travelers and you will find people like me in the gym at 5 am. Many CEOs wake up around this time - certainly more than you'd expect based on random chance.

In entrepreneurship, you find a lot of night people compared to other areas of business.

Night people tend to be smarter and more creative. Morning people tend to be happier and more proactive. These stereotypes are pretty accurate in my experience.

Are you a night person?

Maybe they are more proactive because they are not having to drag themselves into work after not getting enough sleep? Like us night people have to! :-)

It pisses me off that society is built around the whims of the day people. It adds a lot of extra stress to night people. Which affects their careers, health and education. And yet morning people just laugh it off and tell you to get a night job. Even though 80% of jobs are not available at night (including most of the well paying ones).
I just wish we could have a single year where the clocks were pushed forward by eight hours - so that the day people can see what life is like for the night people.

Are you a night person?

In my opinion there is no such thing as day- and night-people. There is just the sleep cycle.

Are you a night person?

Quote: (04-29-2014 06:29 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

Maybe they are more proactive because they are not having to drag themselves into work after not getting enough sleep? Like us night people have to! :-)

It pisses me off that society is built around the whims of the day people. It adds a lot of extra stress to night people. Which affects their careers, health and education. And yet morning people just laugh it off and tell you to get a night job. Even though 80% of jobs are not available at night (including most of the well paying ones).
I just wish we could have a single year where the clocks were pushed forward by eight hours - so that the day people can see what life is like for the night people.

Based on my experiences with morning vs. night people, I'd say the proactive thing is more innate than environmental. Even in grad school where people get to make their own hours, the night people were still noticeably less proactive than what you'd expect from day people. Night people tend to be procrastinators.

Working times are more suited to morning people (probably) because morning people tend to rise to positions of power and it's those individuals who set the working hours for businesses.

Night people get to set the party hours and that can place a big strain on morning people. My most sociable hours are in the early mornings when no one is awake. I can remain social until maybe 5-6 pm, but unless I start hanging out with people around that time, I am in no mood to party by the time 10 pm comes around. This can make socializing very difficult.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Are you a night person?

Reminds me of

Are you a night person?

Quote: (04-29-2014 05:08 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2014 03:43 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Do you drink booze?

Tucking it in consistently at midnight on your weekends is pretty good self control, if so. Here the nightlife is just getting started about that time.

Very rarely. I don't have anything against alcohol and I drink now and then, it's just that I've never been drunk or even tipsy. And I rarely go out (like once a month or so), since I get my needs filled from online and day game. If I do, obviously I'll stay up a few hours longer, but I prefer nightlife in places where it starts a bit earlier, like in Australia.

Honestly, it would be good for me to go out a bit more, but I'm lazy ;-)

p.s. totally agree with Cardguy on the way society is set up. I would be more productive if work started at 10 AM instead of 8, no matter how late I got home.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Are you a night person?

Quote: (04-28-2014 09:37 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

It is 3:30am as I write this.

I fucking love staying up late at night. Last night I went to bed at 5:30am.

Yet - my best buddy always wants to go home around 1am. He was best man at a wedding awhile ago for a friend of ours. And he wanted to head home at midnight - even though it would have meant being the first to leave!?!??

Pisses me off - and really cramps my style during nights out.

I almost take it personally.

So - I am just curious if other guys on here find it hard to stay up during the night, drinking and having fun?

It is really hard for me to imagine not being a night person.

I'm definately a night person. I oftentimes feel like I'm dragging much of the day and just start getting energy and a pep in my step about 4pm-6pm and then am ready to go for a full day. Even if I'm just at home chilling or working I'll often stay up til 2 or 3 in the morning. I've always been a night person ever since I was a kid. I think something about being up and about when most other people are sleeping.

That said oddly enough my night owl streak doesn't exactly extend to partying. Honestly I've been kinda a homebody lately but I just can't drink like I used to. I remember in college going out to party at like 10pm-midnight or so and night was just getting started at like 2am. used to do a lot of adderol and blow so maybe that had something to do with it lol.

I'm not beyond staying out partying til 7am but not something I'm going to be doing every weekend. I really gotta be having a good night, fun, feeling good, drinks going down easy, etc to be able to really party late. My big thing is as much fun as partying is, getting fucked up til 7am and the sun comming up, you just know the next day is gonna suck. I hate wasting a whole summer day away lying in bed feeling like crap and that's what happens when I stay out til 7am. These days I'm much more a go to a bbq, get drunk, have some fun, maybe go hit the bars for a few hours and be in bed by about 2. I'd rather enjoy the outside and weatehr and make a day of it vs staying out all night.

Are you a night person?

Quote:Quote:

Based on my experiences with morning vs. night people, I'd say the proactive thing is more innate than environmental. Even in grad school where people get to make their own hours, the night people were still noticeably less proactive than what you'd expect from day people. Night people tend to be procrastinators.

Working times are more suited to morning people (probably) because morning people tend to rise to positions of power and it's those individuals who set the working hours for businesses.

Night people get to set the party hours and that can place a big strain on morning people. My most sociable hours are in the early mornings when no one is awake. I can remain social until maybe 5-6 pm, but unless I start hanging out with people around that time, I am in no mood to party by the time 10 pm comes around. This can make socializing very difficult.

Yep, that was my thought. When someone says they're a night person I always wonder if they mean they're up until 3am working or building a business. And I speak as someone who loves staying up later than I should (should=to get enough sleep to be productive). My most productive times are definitely before 3pm...but I've never been in the service industry.

I've had times in life when I'd be up late studying or working...and they are very unproductive, inefficient hours.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Are you a night person?

I used to be a night person through and through, then I started a strict sleep cycle from 9pm-5am for a job. God knows how much I miss my nights. It's hard to even stay up on the weekends.

Are you a night person?

I love staying up at night just doing generally mindless unproductive things for some reason. If i spent all my late nights doing something productive that would be nice.

Are you a night person?

Definitely not. I'm in bed at 11 most nights and awake at 630. I like having a lot of time in the morning. On the other hand, going out, I'm always yawning by midnight.

Are you a night person?

I'm another owl. I absolutely love staying up. My mind works at its optimum at night. I stay till late at work to finish next day's assignments. I hate sunlight and daytime.