rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Barranquilla cityscape

Barranquilla cityscape

Hey,

Anyone got any good info on Barranquilla barrios? I'm especially interested in breakdowns in different neighborhoods/areas to get a general idea of where things are in the city. Anything about transport, including how often arroyos really fuck your shit up as far as moving around, would be golden.

Gracias!

Barranquilla cityscape

I've heard that the women are incredible in that city. I've also heard that the nightlife is some of the best in the country (only second to Cali). Also you should get all shades of the rainbow in that city. The one minus that I've heard is that it is not that aesthetically pleasing and that besides nightlife, there's not much else to do. In any case, I hear that the women are very approachable there. Enjoy.

Barranquilla cityscape

Ok, here is my .02 cents. I have banged my lions share of Costeñas (pronounced: Cos-ten-yas). NO matter what city in Colombia you find yourself, ask a local Colombian guy who the most down-to-earth, happy, and down for whatever women are of the country, and a Barranquillera aka "costeña" will surely make the top 3 list.

Costeñas come in all colors, but for the most part, they are mestizo looking. Now, understand one simple thing: They are NOT the most beautiful women in Colombia when compared to Medellin/Bogota/Cali, but they are the most fun - hands down! Even the few stunners that look like Shakira are very, very friendly!!!

This does not mean that stunners do not exist, it means they are not in ridiculous abundance as you would see in Medellin. However, the paisas will never be as friendly as the women from Barranquilla - get me?

It is extremely normal for a Barranquillera to be DTF the very same night she meets you. They are very sexually liberated and DTF - all you have to do is NOT FUCK IT UP! BY default, if she agrees to go out with you, she agrees to fuck at the end of the night unless you do something stupid to kill her mood - act beta, insecure, too much of a dick etc.

The best time to go to Barranquilla. RIGHT NOW!! Carnival is around the corner.

Here is a blog from a gringo traveler to Carnival in BAQ:

http://www.carnavaldebarranquilla.net/barranquilla.htm

I stayed in Barrio Los Alpes which is a level 6 neighborhood. I had my own motorcycle (fantastic idea to get one), so I cannot give you info on public transportation.

Mixx

Barranquilla cityscape

How is the Spanish in Baranquilla? I heard that the coastal cities had accents that were very difficult to understand.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-30-2011 04:09 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

How is the Spanish in Baranquilla? I heard that the coastal cities had accents that were very difficult to understand.

Not at all. It may be marginally faster than Bogota/Medellin, but if you are fluent you wil understand it. If you are beginner spanish, you will have the same level of difficulty anywhere.

Mixx

Barranquilla cityscape

Hi Guys,

I have a question about Barranquilla Carnival for anyone thats been...its 4 days long, 18-21. If you are on a tight schedule, is it worth hanging around for the whole thing? Does it get repetitive after a while or is there lots of different shit to do?

Thanks,

Takeda

Barranquilla cityscape

yeah carnival is the best time to go...other than it is a boring city with crap beaches. as for some of the 'best nighlife in colombia coming second to cali' jejeje bogota and medellin both have much better nightlife

spanish.. like all costenas they tend to speak faster than rolos and paisas and cut words off at the end. can be hard to understand.

yeah girls are down to earth and there are some nice ones.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-31-2011 09:53 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Not at all. It may be marginally faster than Bogota/Medellin, but if you are fluent you wil understand it. If you are beginner spanish, you will have the same level of difficulty anywhere.

Mixx

I'd disagree with you on that. I had a hard time understanding the Spanish on the coast and my spanish is good/very good. They speak extremely fast and drop the "s" in words.

If you can barely get by in Bogota with your Spanish then the coast will whip your ass, imo.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-13-2012 08:27 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2011 09:53 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

I'd disagree with you on that. I had a hard time understanding the Spanish on the coast and my spanish is good/very good. They speak extremely fast and drop the "s" in words.

If you can barely get by in Bogota with your Spanish then the coast will whip your ass, imo.

That worries me a bit since my spanish is probably intermediate. I can communicate any idea with bad grammar, but listening without having to say "mas despacio" is still hard.

But 1 more week and I will be there! My first trip outside the US, living for 3 months in barranquilla. This thread is getting my excited.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-16-2012 01:47 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

[quote] (01-31-2011 09:53 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

(01-30-2011, 09:09 PM)Celtic Wrote:  How is the Spanish in Baranquilla? I heard that the coastal cities had accents that were very difficult to understand.

Mixx

I'd definitely agree with redneckpunk here. I know Mixx is latino (Colombian?) so I assume he grew up exposed to/speaking Spanish, which probably means there's not an accent out there that throws him. I on the other hand didn't start studying it til college, and only achieved fluency through a hell of a lot of hard work. From that perspective I can say that for me and for most gringos I know Costeno Spanish is on a whole other level of difficulty. It's not just how fast they speak it, but also the sounds they drop and/or mumble and the slang they throw in. My Spanish is to the point where I'm constantly being mistaken for an Argentine in Colombia, but when I'm on the coast I really have to pay attention. That said, I'm sure if you spent any serious time there your ear would calibrate quickly.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-18-2012 02:29 PM)Seamus Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2012 01:47 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

[quote] (01-31-2011 09:53 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

(01-30-2011, 09:09 PM)Celtic Wrote:  How is the Spanish in Baranquilla? I heard that the coastal cities had accents that were very difficult to understand.

Mixx

I'd definitely agree with redneckpunk here. I know Mixx is latino (Colombian?) so I assume he grew up exposed to/speaking Spanish, which probably means there's not an accent out there that throws him. I on the other hand didn't start studying it til college, and only achieved fluency through a hell of a lot of hard work. From that perspective I can say that for me and for most gringos I know Costeno Spanish is on a whole other level of difficulty. It's not just how fast they speak it, but also the sounds they drop and/or mumble and the slang they throw in. My Spanish is to the point where I'm constantly being mistaken for an Argentine in Colombia, but when I'm on the coast I really have to pay attention. That said, I'm sure if you spent any serious time there your ear would calibrate quickly.

I stayed for 10 days with some locals in Barranquilla and their spanish is fast....so you have to adapt really fast. The best way to learn spanish is to dive deep in the local circles and try to have conversations. In Barranquilla there is not much to do or see (just like most of the colombian cities) but the nightlife is crazy and i saw a lot of cute girls.

I am the real gringo type of guy...and even if i wanted to preted latin or whatever...it wouldn't work even i was fluent in Spanish. I met a lot of girls and they don't throw themselves in front of your feet, but it is extremely easy to pull some of them if you take care of the next things:

1. You MUST know some spanish to have basic conversations
2. take care of your style (not too backpacky, but more a bit more trendy por favor) They like that.
3. Blend in with the locals, but watch out they not take too much advantage of you (money-wise)
4. just have a cool vibe when you are talking with them (they are used to all the slimy hombres, so stand out with your natural cool vibe because you are a novelty)

Did i forget something? not sure, maybe i will add some things later

ciao [Image: banana.gif]

Barranquilla cityscape

To all the guys who have swooped in Barranquilla before, can you bust out a list of nightclubs?

And which nights are best?

There is always a ton of vague information about Barranquilla on here.

I don't think anyone has mentioned a single area, street or nightclub.

Someone Break it Down for God's Sake!

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-19-2012 10:37 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

To all the guys who have swooped in Barranquilla before, can you bust out a list of nightclubs?

I stayed there with a bunch of people who brought me to several places and in Barranquilla itself....it all looked the same for me. The city has a lot high buildings and all the neighbourhoods look practicallt the same. So sometimes it was bit hard to guess how far i was from home in a cab.
No information about area's or streets...

I have some names of nightclubs: Trucupey, Moys, Cante Gallo

Trucupey: High end club (the most popular at that moment) at top level in Centro comercial "Portal Del Prado" ask a cab driver for trucupey and he should know the place.

Moys: Place for big groups to see performances of local big salsa stars.

Cante Gallo: Is a big bar for groups to see some karoake competition. Big groups go to such places to celebrate an Bday of a friends or so.

All those places i saw really cute local girls and stunners/prepagos, but they were mostly with some business/gangster type of rich local dudes. Those must have spend some serious on those girls, because the girls were only 9s and 10s

All I have to say about Barranquilla: Blend in with the local as much as you can and daygame at the centro comercials, mostly Buenavista 1&2

And for a good hot-dog: Donde Estas Javier? near Cante Gallo

For little more safety: Stay at the north side of the city, because barranquilla sud is for the poorest and most dangerous. Stayed there also some nights, but the cab drivers didn't like to drive there and my friends didn't allowed me to go outside by myself

Barranquilla cityscape

Amsterdao what about the asses? Do local women have phat asses? Is this the right city for a guy who is after women with nice/phat asses?

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-19-2012 01:05 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Amsterdao what about the asses? Do local women have phat asses? Is this the right city for a guy who is after women with nice/phat asses?

Well, i have been in Cartagena, Santa Marta, Barranquilla and Bogota and all i have to say is that the colombianas have a damn nice ass (and tits), but it is kinda difficult to say that a Barranquillera ass is some inches bigger or not. Maybe Mixx could give you some more info about that, because he had girls all over the country and makes it more easy to compare!? Barranquilla has some nice asses waiting for you...for sure!

Barranquilla cityscape

I've been there 3 times. First was to attend Carnaval, and 2/3 to follow-up on the talent I met there. For you and I, there is one nightclub to hit - Aqua Helada, in the zone norte, just down from the hotel you're going to want to stay at - The Dann Carlton. New, modern and the best talent in the city will be on display and you will move through the line with no problems. Conveniently, the best bar by far, is in the same building, on the top floor. Don't remember the name, but it is superb and outdoors - very cool and the creme'de'la'creme of Barranquilla society hits it. No poor people - its expensive. You can also hit a bar called "Henry's", which I think is the second best bet in the city - in the Prado barrio. Everything you'll want to do is in the north end - and pretty close together. Exception is the outdoor/riverside fish resto's in barrio Flores, which are excellent and cheap. Very rustic, but cool and quality is very good. Watching the freighters (loaded with blow) pass by while the tropical breezes blow eating amazing grilled Robolo with salsa mariscos and drinking Aquilla beer for ten bucks ain't a bad way to go. You'll get bored quick though.

Barranquilla cityscape

Only club I know there is Trucupey

Everyone in town knows about it, it is on the second floor of a mall but don't remember the name of the mall. There is a cover charge.

I went on a Friday night, typical latin scene 95% of people there are in mixed sets sitting at big tables. There is a long bar you can sit at. Saw a few girls in all girls sets but they were of low quality.

They play salsa and merengue mainly, around midnight they would throw in some US pop/ hip hop as well. Not long after 12 does it turn into a pretty huge free for all when people start swooping in on each others groups and dancing with whoever.

Bottle service is the standard op there. I got a big bottle of Aguardiente, don't remember the cost ($30-50 maybe).

They have live music there as well.

I thought it was a cool place, good amount of attractive women.

http://www.trucupey.com.co/

Barranquilla cityscape

Like most of the colombian cities: Rumbas Thursday to Saturday. Sundays until Wednesday is more quiet...so you have more time to do the cultural stuff, date or daygame at the mall.

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (01-19-2012 01:05 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Asses are good to go. You won't be disappointed. You'll have a sore neck. Bodies are generally good to go. Only problem is faces... compared to Medellin and Cali, not so good on average.

Barranquilla cityscape

I stayed in Barranquilla for a few days only and can say Frogs Legs was packed to the brim with pussy. Quite possibly a few pro's in there, but on the whole good. Only if you can dance Salsa though.

Barranquilla cityscape

Portal Del Prado mall is THE SHIT

There are 3-4 Universities within walking distance so day time is packed with honeys in uniform chilling on their breaks between classes

Very easy to pull numbers at least (but as you know...flakes are abundant all over the country)

Barranquilla cityscape

Anyone heading to Barranquilla for Carnaval?

Barranquilla cityscape

Quote: (02-12-2012 03:14 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Anyone heading to Barranquilla for Carnaval?

I'm here now. For the next 2 1/2 months. Does anybody know of any furnished apartments in quilla for 600-1,000 mil?

Barranquilla cityscape

I'm planning on hitting up Barranquilla in the next few days for the big CARNAVAL!!!

Anyone else in Barranquilla who wants to meet up PM me

Also, any more info and tips on the city will be greatly appreciated, I"m planning on staying in the north, anyone know if this will be a decent area to stay, logistics wise, for the carnaval?

gracias amigos

Barranquilla cityscape

I'll be in barranquilla for the next couple of weeks as well. I don't have great game but I speak fluent spanish. Would be great to meet some guys from here.