rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accessories ..advice cologne, good breath, conditioner for Newbie!

Hey guys, starting to pick up on accessories to improve the added seduction. Went to the mall and smelled some colognes.

I like these ones:
Gucci Guilty,
Paco Rabanne Million
Versace Eau Fraice and another one of versace
Dolce Gabano the One
John Paul Gaultier
MonteBlance Legend
John Varvatos USA

A lot of them smelled the same, ones I didn't list...MonteBlance smelled the classiest, idk if its too old for me. All of them above were good. remember I'm in a college town.

Also bought a polo Red body spray. Is body spray enough to last a night out or should i splurge on an actual cologne too?

Breath
I don't normally chew gum or mint... I just need something with a good aftertaste and prolonged good smell for nights out or hitting on girls. Some mints I've found sour my mouth and make it smell bad after awhile, like tic tacs...
Recommendations here would be helpful!

Also any leave in hair conditioners you guys recommend? I got dry hair..
Anything Else I'm forgetting?
Any of you use burt bees serum? always been tempted to buy it, but don't want to waste money. any feedback would be appreciated.

As far as cologne goes polo is usually a safe bet for a good smell but honestly being in a college town chances are at least 25% of the guys around you own it or something like classic match which I believe is like the Walmart version of polo, obviously much cheaper. I believe cologne is different and worth buying and, if money is available, splurging on because it blends with your natural "eau de player" complimenting your male hormones and such.

As far as breath goes if you don't chew gum or like to suck on mints till they disappear Listerine breath strips or a breath spray is good. I haven't seen the sprays in a couple years though.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

To clarify, I don't mind gum or mint, just need a good and long lasting one.

And yes I'm fine with spending on 1 cologne. don't know which to get.

[Image: altoidsob7.jpg]

Cinnamon Altoids. Curiously strong.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Quote: (04-22-2014 11:28 PM)Blackliter Wrote:  

To clarify, I don't mind gum or mint, just need a good and long lasting one.

And yes I'm fine with spending on 1 cologne. don't know which to get.

I like extra spearmint gum, I don't use mints much.

As far as deciding the cologne. I know it's frowned upon to have female friends here but it's situations like this in which I use their judgement. Which people may say is a bad idea because it's not me choosing for me anymore but I like a second opinion.

If I have no female friend around I like to chat up a cute sales girl and ask her what her recommendations are, spit a little game, see her favorite, this opens you to be able to buy her suggestion or negg her for her tastes. It's playful and good practice with real substance to it.

I've had several colognes and all were either from LTR's or talking to the clerk or whatever their title would be. I get told I smell good often enough that I usually trust a girls' choice.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

I think you should check classic fresh frags that have better longevity and are more distinguished than these listed by you. They are all very popular among young crowd, are well known and are widely liked but it's for a reason - simply they are good:
Armani - Acqua di Gio
Herrera - 212 Men
Chanel - Allure Sport
Burberry - London for men
Chanel - Egoiste Platinum
Clinique - Happy for men
Bvlgari - Aqua pour homme
Guerlain Homme Intense

On the expensive end: Creed Aventus.

My personal favorite from this category: Herrera - Chic for men

If you can, just buy the cologne off amazon, its cheaper. Buy the small bottles too. Not too familiar with those but I used Jean Paul Gauthier in College, its a popular scent. Chanel Platinum is a really good classic scent, I'd personally go with that. I have Varvatos, I don't like it that much though.

You should also check out the Yves St Laurent colognes. They have one called "Nuit" which is a night time cologne and I always get complemented on it at bars/nightclubs. http://www.sephora.com/la-nuit-de-l-homme-P243320

and Altoids are the best.

I've been using this lately. Its really cheap and its a good splash you can put on after a shower or use for aftershave. Really good masculine smell, just like fresh out the barbershop or shower.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...aram=57993

[Image: therabreath-toothpaste.jpg?1325060616]

Quote: (04-22-2014 10:13 PM)Blackliter Wrote:  

Anything Else I'm forgetting?

Has anyone gotten any kind of commentary from girls where they even pick up on this kind of decorum? I've gotten more comments from girls while wearing cheap BOD body spray than high end colognes. Not sure if any of this is worth it beyond taking a shower and making sure your BREFF doesn't stink.

Quote: (04-26-2014 01:06 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Has anyone gotten any kind of commentary from girls where they even pick up on this kind of decorum? I've gotten more comments from girls while wearing cheap BOD body spray than high end colognes. Not sure if any of this is worth it beyond taking a shower and making sure your BREFF doesn't stink.

I hadn't. But last year I started using some cologne from Abercrombie. Since then I've had more than 20 girls tell me "you smell like sex.. very good". Needless to say, I'm still using it.[Image: banana.gif]

Givenchi Play does a 1/3rd of my game

[Image: 5703.jpg]

For my money the Bubble Yum Peppermint Bubble Gum is the best for breath. First off there aren't (as far as I know) any other mint flavored bubblegums. Secondly this one is by far the longest lasting flavor wise and has a good clean minty taste. It's hard to find but when I do I stock up

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

This. Givenchi Play. One time a flamingly gay guy recommended this to me. Good stuff. These days I use something else as my secret weapon but I'd hate to publicize what it is. I don't want it turning into the next aqua di gio

I use baby powder quite a bit

I swear it tapes into their primal instinct

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

whatever cologne you choose, stick to it. girls remember the way you smell.

My pics:
Dior - Fahrenheit
Channel - Blue
Carolina Herrera - CH Men

There is a wicked cologne thread on here, do a search.

Cologne is subjective and fits people differently, I know people with darker skin should wear vanilla scents.

Alot of gum has Aspartame, which I tend to stay away from. Can't beat good ole tic-tacs.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I just use one and thats Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb. The ladies love it I always get compliments when I have it on

On cologne, versace dreamer. Game is almost unnecessary when wearing this.

+2 on cinnamon altoids, or anything cinnamon for that matter. They seem to enjoy the fact that it is different and not many people use cinnamon breath fresheners, at least in my part of the world anyway.

Putting on a scent is all about the scenario. I would suggest investing in one for each scenario so that you're always smelling fresh. Here's a list of stuff I think is good but not something a girl would recognize if a previous bf wore it.

DAY
Cartier Roadster (fresh mint, not like toothpaste. Classy)
Dior Homme Sport (ginger/lemon fizz)
Hermes Voyager (pepper and lemon, very neutral and great for an office)

DATE/INTIMATE
Play Intense (sexy coffee)
Thierry Mugler Angel Men (cookies, chocolate, carmel) - Ladies love this shit but go easy on the sprayer....extremely strong
Yves Saint-Laurent La Nuit de l'homme (almond, wood, dark floral ) - extremely smooth and women always love it

CLUBS/BARS
Paco Rabanne One Million (blood orange powder) - extremely strong but something about it sticks out among all the bullshit guys wear
Yves Saint-Laurent La Nuit de l'homme
Polo Sport (cucumber fresh) - fresh out of the shower smell, you'll smell extra clean

I'd avoid these body sprays. They might smell okay for the first 5 minutes, but trust me, once you're sweating or whatever else, they smell like complete ass.

My go to scents are the following and always get compliments:

Day
Dior Homme Cologne

Evening/Date
Dior Homme Intense
Tom Ford Noir De Noir
Anything by Creed

Quote: (07-24-2014 05:47 PM)Wreckingball Wrote:  

whatever cologne you choose, stick to it. girls remember the way you smell.

My pics:
Dior - Fahrenheit
Channel - Blue
Carolina Herrera - CH Men

Very true and very important.

This is the one I've been user for quite some months:

[Image: 41SrwQAZO9L._SY300_.jpg]
[Image: $(KGrHqR,!lIE6GRqJW9pBOlHinvK5w~~60_35.JPG]

Girls love it and they always remember my smell.

Sex Panther by Odeon. 60% of the time, it works everytime.

[Image: sex-panther-odeon-347949.jpg]

I also currently wear Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb. I love it, get a lot of complements. I also really like the masculine style of the bottle.

Other colognes that have worked for me:

The original Versace cologne*
Versace Eros**
Davidoff Cool Water
Davidoff The Game
Chanel Platinum***
Diesel Fuel for Life
Chanel Allure Sport
Lacoste White
Versace Blue Jeans
Paul Smith Green Bottle
Any old original DKNY fragrance

*The original Versace cologne got me so many compliments you would not believe. I highly suggest you pick it up, it works all year round but specifically summer. I've had girls go nuts for this.

**This is another excellent Versace fragrance. You can wear this all year round. Versace have excellent colognes, a small range but almost all are alluring masculine kind of smells. Eros in particular is perfect for night game. I have a buddy that wears this exclusively to great effect.

***Probably my all time favourite, simple minimalist bottle. It has a strong masculine fragrance it's a very clean, sharp kind of smell.

Surprised this is the only thread on cologne (the shit you spray on yourself) - at least based on forum search results

IMO Versace Eros is #1

However, it's pretty subjective IMO because everyone's body reacts differently to different colognes.

I'd say keeping that in mind as well as what "vibe" you want to project via the scent is how you should go about picking the right cologne for you.

^ For example, if you're more of a "metro" dude, one of those "musk" colognes probably wouldn't be a good fit. Though it might work for some guy who's got the lumberjack thing going on - thick beard, flannel shirts, etc.

If you want more detail on how to pick the right cologne and some other recommendations, I wrote a post on the best cologne to get laid

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)