rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spring Summer 2014

Spring Summer 2014

[Image: tumblr_n41ggxBrlz1qd7kqpo1_1280.jpg]

Thoughts?

WIA

Spring Summer 2014

Ouch. No.

Spring is all about good colors. I don't see how the polo matches with the suit. The belt is also a miss. Wide pinstripes are a no go for people not collecting Social Security as well.

No thanks.

Spring Summer 2014

Nope. Not like that. Flannel suits are warm even in the winter. Summer I would swelter.

And to pull off a polo with a suit takes a bit of uncaring indifference. A chalk stripe flannel suit with a tassled pocket square just does not cut it.

I know its a classic look, but to me this is the only way I could see getting away with a chalk stripe suit.
[Image: Floral-print-tie-with-navy-chalk-stripe-...uttons.jpg]

Spring Summer 2014

Not a good look at all.

Spring = lightweight suits and lighter colors (except for nighttime).

This guy looked like he got dressed in the dark.

His watch band doesn't match his belt either.

Chalk stripe suits are best left to mobsters and NBA players.

Spring Summer 2014

It's almost time for seersucker, pastels, and Sperry's.

Just needs to warm up like 15 degrees...

Spring Summer 2014

Quote: (04-15-2014 02:09 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Not a good look at all.

Spring = lightweight suits and lighter colors (except for nighttime).

This guy looked like he got dressed in the dark.

His watch band doesn't match his belt either.

Chalk stripe suits are best left to mobsters and NBA players.
dang watch bands have to be the same color AND SHADE as your belt?

Spring Summer 2014

Add ideas

Spring Summer 2014

[Image: PlqjloG.jpg]

Rock a plaid suit with lighters colours

Spring Summer 2014

Agreed, big fat stripes are not a good look outside the office/family business.

Blue lapel's unnecessary, is he using a feather as a pocket square?

Polo stands on its own, no need for a jacket. If he had a better jacket, swap the polo for a button-up shirt; unbutton top 2 buttons if you opt out of a tie.

The cutaway collar's starting to grow on me; especially with a waistcoat:

[Image: 46287f94ed63d7b4878a2e451248dec6fecab40a_600.jpg]

[Image: 164bad8a15b3528aea017a187e8c8b4920eb5aba_600.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mliri1bA2B1qh2nlpo1_1280-e1379902187780.jpg]

[Image: 19634098ece9a21113eadd91bd7bca33.jpg]

My favorite: 3 piece glen plaid with mint julep - "sour mash, not too sweet"

[Image: james-bonds-iconic-goldfinger-suit-L-hNIn7y.jpeg]

Spring Summer 2014

I have one suit with big wide chalk stripes. My zoot suit, first suit I ever bought. Rare is the occasion when I can rock it and be anywhere near appropriate, but damn, when it's on it's the best form of peacocking there is. Men with weaker suits will gravitate towards you trying to steal your essence, while women kamikaze themselves flying at you.

[Image: MV5BMTM5NTQ3ODk4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzA4...4,273_.jpg]

I am gonna pick up a seersucker suit this spring though. Sometimes you just gotta be the best dressed motherfucker around. Any advice on them before I head to the store?

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Spring Summer 2014

I know this is RVF, but can I have your thoughts on something less.... suitier? (I wont be wearing a suit outside of work. I prefer just the blazer/jacket with jeans/chinos)

Any ideas of:
Decent (and no homo) shorts
Shoes
Anything else?

Spring Summer 2014

Nice suit lose the drab polo.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Spring Summer 2014

I like the chalk-stripe. Its a bit of IDGAF because I am wearing something wrong (for nightlife)

[Image: 20100917_detail.jpg]

[Image: aadf394993e977ceacdc2262fbc799d5.jpg]

Its all in how you rock it. Throw out the common sense and throw in a dash of loud contrasting colors.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Spring Summer 2014

Bright linen shirts/bright v-necks
light toned khaki shorts--that don't extend past the knee
Top if off with some boat shoes (lots of bright colors to play with) or maybe go sockless with some loafers/oxfords

You can't go too stylin' up here-- think seersucker suit in bright blue--without people putting you with "teh gheys". So I've found what was previously stated is what works for me.

There are days, however, it's just decent jeans, sandals, and rolled flannel shirts.

Spring Summer 2014

Cool post DVY. I like that bottom picture.

Sharp.

Spring Summer 2014

[Image: miami-vice.jpg]

Spring Summer 2014

Since it is that time of year again I'm starting this discussion back up.

Really digging this suit color for spring. Very subtle peacocking, not too over the top in my opinion.

[Image: 10424439_738224569572157_1259372580_n.jpg]

Spring Summer 2014

Fucking Lapo, does everything so wrong in fashion that its right.

The ultimate IDGAF style.

Spring Summer 2014

Yeah he obviously knows the rules well so he knows how to break them without looking like a clown; he goes right up to the line without going over (most of the time). I like that suit too; the color is different without being too garish and has sweet surgeons cuffs.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Spring Summer 2014

I think it's a great look, but I don't think I would buy a suit that I could only wear three months out of the year.

Spring Summer 2014

Quote: (03-22-2015 05:52 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

I think it's a great look, but I don't think I would buy a suit that I could only wear three months out of the year.

More likely than not, I'd wear that joint 3-4 times that year, and never touch it again.

But those days and nights would be glorious

WIA

Spring Summer 2014

I'd pay 3-4 bills for this.

[Image: tumblr_nlei6npRDN1sdwbr2o1_500.jpg]

Spring Summer 2014

Will Smith in his new movie Focus has a number of excellent outfits that would fit well in this thread.

Spring Summer 2014

These shoes, AE McGregor Longwings, are good for spring/summer dressy style, and they're currently 40% off at Nordstrom in coffee brown, the reddish brown (below) and navy blue. I just bought some black suede monkstraps to be my summer dressy shoes, along with my brown Nordstrom 1901 longwing leather derbys. I want to get some navy blue suede wingtips, but I will probably go with the cheaper 1901 version ($100) over this AE version, although the AE version is likely much higher quality.

Spring Summer 2014

Quote: (03-23-2015 09:42 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I'd pay 3-4 bills for this.

[Image: tumblr_nlei6npRDN1sdwbr2o1_500.jpg]

Ive been on the lookout for a salmon coloured suit for a while now.

But for the same reasons as you mentioned above, three or four wears and it would likely not get worn again. Unless traveling.

Just dont want to be "that guy in the salmon coloured suit". But that colour is just too good.