rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jews, Terrorism and Israel

I dunno' if I am the only one who doesn't know this.

But apparently Jewish terrorist groups bombed the British authorities (who ruled Palestine) after the second world war - in order to get the British to create a homeland (ie turning most of Palestine into Israel) for the Jews.

Is this is common knowledge? Since it seems to me something that those who support Israel don't mention that often.

Or maybe they do - and I missed it. I am not sure where I stand on the whole Israel/Palestine question. But - just wanted to chuck this small observation out for the rest of y'all...

I'd never heard of this, do you have any more info on it?

Here is the most famous attack:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Quote:Quote:

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out on July 22, 1946 by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization the Irgun on the British administrative headquarters for Palestine, which was housed in the southern wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem. 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured.

Quote:Quote:

The hotel was the site of the central offices of the British Mandatory authorities of Palestine, principally the Secretariat of the Government of Palestine and the Headquarters of the British Forces in Palestine and Transjordan. The attack initially had the approval of the Haganah (the principal Jewish paramilitary group in Palestine). It was conceived of as a response to Operation Agatha (a series of widespread raids, including one on the Jewish Agency, conducted by the British authorities in the British Mandate of Palestine) and was the deadliest directed at the British during the Mandate era (1920–1948). The explosion caused more casualties than any subsequent bombing carried out in the Arab-Israeli conflict.

I saw a documentary awhile ago - that interviewed an elderly woman who was taken back to the hotel (now restored) she helped bomb 65 years earlier. For some reason - I never put two and two together in order to investigate why the history of such Jewish terrorist attacks are not more famous today.

I thought the King David hotel was common knowledge, even moreso for you UK folks. Now I say that though and I did take all of my high school history from a teacher who would be considered to have 'questionable' views on society. It has always struck me as ironic given israel's disdain for Palestine today.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

This Israeli dude terrorized my shop yesterday and left without paying me also trolled my guys into thinking he was Italian.

It's definitely not discussed in the US. The only reason I know about it is from reading the book "The Israeli Lobby".

No - I don't think the attacks are that famous in the UK. Perhaps with the older generation. Since it was more relevant to them - and the standards of education were much higher back in the olden days.

Then again - the History taught in schools here in the UK is shockingly poor and incompetent. So you can't blame the young.

Mostly teaching just focuses on the tidbits of knowledge you need to know, so that you can answer the particular type of questions which will come up on the exam. There is no room for a wider perusal of issues and interesting knowledge - for its own sake.

I thought I hated History - until I left school and got a chance to study it properly.

I wouldn't say it's common knowledge. More of an open secret really; I only know about them because I'm something of an amateur historian.

The Haganah (direct precursor to the Israeli Defence Force) did a lot of harm to western interests, and a lot of physical harm to the British in Palestine. I don't know why we in the west consider Israel our ally. They've never acted like one.

It was common knowledge and Israel was unpopular for a while because of it. The movie "Exodus" was written in 1960 to explain it and make them look more sympathetic. It worked.

Rico... Sauve....

A lot of people in the U.S.A don't seem to be aware of the attack on the USS Liberty either.

A few more:

-USS Liberty....(carried through, only State in history to attack USA without repercussions)

-Operation Susannah/Lavon Affiar, Egypt (failed attempt)

-LaBelle Bombings in Berlin (blamed on Libya, later linked to CIA and Mossad... Libya had air strikes carried out on it as a result)

-Luxor, Egypt, 1992 (55-75 foreigners were killed)

-World Trade Centre Bombing (1993)... A bizzare attack with the FBI and CIA being linked to trying to set Arabs up...
The back-story:
Israel was facing heavy International scrutiny after it was torturing dissidents in the desert without any food, practically chained to the sand like dogs. This was coming right after they were mowing down Palestinians left and right during the late 80's, and it was the first time that global opinion was overwhelmingly shifting negatively against the State of Israel. As a diversion, they blew up a bomb in New York and everybody forgot about the hundreds of dissidents that were being tortured overnight. The WTC bombing took over the headlines entered in new doctrine after that was put forward where more resources were put towards controlling the (American and Western) media and public opinion and now you have the silent vacuum that we are used to today.

The extreme right wing of the Israel Government and Intelligence services give zero fucks. They have a long list of meddling and shit disturbing. Most of the accounts have simply just become old news that the press these days does not like to dig up.

The only slack I will cut them is that during a period of time, roughly from them early/mid 70s - mid 80s, terrorism was common globally, and was a de-facto strategy for many States. Everybody from your Islamic thugs in Africa, to the maple sugar polite Canadians were involved. It was a quick, dirty, and effective, way to get what you wanted world wide. It was just during that period Israel was far and ahead the most common State to implement terrorism aside from the USA as a coercive strategy, and their usage of it was steady prior and after the "global faze" of wide spread terrorism.

Quote: (04-03-2014 05:31 PM)kosko Wrote:  

A few more:

-USS Liberty....(carried through, only State in history to attack USA without repercussions)

-Operation Susannah/Lavon Affiar, Egypt (failed attempt)

-LaBelle Bombings in Berlin (blamed on Libya, later linked to CIA and Mossad... Libya had air strikes carried out on it as a result)

-Luxor, Egypt, 1992 (55-75 foreigners were killed)

-World Trade Centre Bombing (1993)... A bizzare attack with the FBI and CIA being linked to trying to set Arabs up...
The back-story:
Israel was facing heavy International scrutiny after it was torturing dissidents in the desert without any food, practically chained to the sand like dogs. This was coming right after they were mowing down Palestinians left and right during the late 80's, and it was the first time that global opinion was overwhelmingly shifting negatively against the State of Israel. As a diversion, they blew up a bomb in New York and everybody forgot about the hundreds of dissidents that were being tortured overnight. The WTC bombing took over the headlines entered in new doctrine after that was put forward where more resources were put towards controlling the (American and Western) media and public opinion and now you have the silent vacuum that we are used to today.

The extreme right wing of the Israel Government and Intelligence services give zero fucks. They have a long list of meddling and shit disturbing. Most of the accounts have simply just become old news that the press these days does not like to dig up.

The only slack I will cut them is that during a period of time, roughly from them early/mid 70s - mid 80s, terrorism was common globally, and was a de-facto strategy for many States. Everybody from your Islamic thugs in Africa, to the maple sugar polite Canadians were involved. It was a quick, dirty, and effective, way to get what you wanted world wide. It was just during that period Israel was far and ahead the most common State to implement terrorism aside from the USA as a coercive strategy, and their usage of it was steady prior and after the "global faze" of wide spread terrorism.

There many people who believe they are the ones behind 9/11

It's not exactly common knowledge anymore. And many would prefer it that way.

I'll leave this thread with a quote by Voltaire:

"If you want to know who is in power, simply find out who you cannot criticize."

Wald

I know about it. I learned about it when i was in high school. I use to go to a high school that had an advanced students program and I was given material about the Arab-Israeli conflict.

Quote: (04-03-2014 07:10 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

I know about it. I learned about it when i was in high school. I use to go to a high school that had an advanced students program and I was given material about the Arab-Israeli conflict.

I don't doubt it.

But you and I, and others on this forum are not exactly the average joe, are we?

Many may learn about that in class. But look around you. It appears that most people forget what they "learn" in highschool. It sounds like we're several years apart in schooling - in my highschool, I heard of no such thing.

I learn most things about history through my own curiosity.

Wald

Check this documentary if you have an hour to spare and want to know more:

BBC - The Birth of Israrel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4JCPckWgY

I watched a couple of years ago. Seems a pretty uncontroversial of the facts.

tweet me or check my blog

I have no idea if this is true or propaganda.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab6_1384609514

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_insu..._Palestine

For every 1 terrorist attack by the Israelis, there are 10,000 by the Palestinians. It's not a matter of it being hidden from the public intentionally, it's a matter of numbers and what sticks in peoples minds as being relevant to a conversation.

From a numerical standpoint, when it comes to terrorist attacks (bombings of civilian targets with the purpose of inflicting civilian casualties) the Palestinians are ahead by a long shot.

Not picking sides here. I despise the lopsided relationship the US has with Israel, but comparing them with the Palestinians and Islamic militant groups that also commit terrorist acts is a bit of a joke.

Quote: (04-03-2014 04:18 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Then again - the History taught in schools here in the UK is shockingly poor and incompetent. So you can't blame the young.

Mostly teaching just focuses on the tidbits of knowledge you need to know, so that you can answer the particular type of questions which will come up on the exam. There is no room for a wider perusal of issues and interesting knowledge - for its own sake.

I thought I hated History - until I left school and got a chance to study it properly.

This is equally true of the history taught in the US. It's all about who records history - it'll reflect only what they want you to know, and leave out lots of nastier bits. You're right about one thing...in many ways, your education starts AFTER you leave school.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Do you think that most Americans learn in school that Canada won the War of 1812? I heard that this isn't written in very many US textbooks.

It almost seems like the US of A just isn't interested in the truth.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Only cardguy could get away with starting this thread.

The Jews were kicked out of nearly every country in Western Civilization (some more than once), and for good reason. So what do Protestant England and America do to solve the problem? GIVE THEM A COUNTRY. What the hell did they think would happen?

Look, Jews are some of my best friends. You don't get to run the world by being an asshole. But Israel is going to cause this world to blow sky high. Sky high. Or suffer enslavement at the cost of peace.

I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Fuck Israel to hell and gone. Fuck AIPAC. Fuck organized Jewry.

As for individual Jews. Well shit, it's hard to find more intellectually enlightened individuals. Which is why they're fun to hang out with. But Christ was right. That shit has got to go. Has absolutely, unquestionably got to go.

D[Image: spongebob.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n3fdqvjPsu1sq9w85o1_500.gif]

Quote: (04-03-2014 09:24 PM)Sawyer Wrote:  

Only cardguy could get away with starting this thread.

The Jews were kicked out of nearly every country in Western Civilization (some more than once), and for good reason. So what do Protestant England and America do to solve the problem? GIVE THEM A COUNTRY. What the hell did they think would happen?

Look, Jews are some of my best friends. You don't get to run the world by being an asshole. But Israel is going to cause this world to blow sky high. Sky high. Or suffer enslavement at the cost of peace.

I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Fuck Israel to hell and gone. Fuck AIPAC. Fuck organized Jewry.

As for individual Jews. Well shit, it's hard to find more intellectually enlightened individuals. Which is why they're fun to hang out with. But Christ was right. That shit has got to go. Has absolutely, unquestionably got to go.

[Image: 238288__safe_animated_image-macro_spoile...thread.gif]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-03-2014 09:33 PM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: 238288__safe_animated_image-macro_spoile...thread.gif]

These kinds of gifs never help the conversation; rather they bring it down.

Wald

[Image: nmBr9.jpg]
[Image: dO6gg0s.gif]