rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dash's Colombia Trip (March 7th - 16th)

So i'll be making my first trip to Colombia in alil over a month!!

Here is my itinerary for the trip.

march 7 (mon) - Cartagena
march 8 (tue) - Cartagena
march 9 (wed) - Cartagena
march 10 (thu) - Barranquilla
march 11 (fri) - Barranquilla
march 12 (sat) - Santa Marta
march 13 (sun) - Santa Marta
march 14 (mon) - Santa Marta
march 15 (tue) - Cartagena
march 16 (wed) - Cartagena

Feel free to suggest any cool places or venues to check out!

Umm any reason why you chose that trajectory? You could cut down on some travel time and see all the same places by just changing the order of that trip, and I know spirit only charges $80 to change a ticket. For instance:

Cartagena
Santa Marta
Medellin
Bogotá
Pereira
Cali

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=d&source=s_...e=UTF8&z=6

Or the reverse of that. Seems like overkill to jet back and forth between the carribean and the middle of the country 2 times on such a short trip.

Also it´s hilarious how much womanizing and geography compliment each other.

Well I can only get the cheap ticket prices for those dates out of Medellin. I guess I can see the diff in price by going to Cartagena first but I know they dont have the 49$ flight deal for the week of the 2nd.

** After looking on Spirit I can fly into Medellin on the 2nd and fly out of Cartagena on the 16th for not too much of a price diff.

I'll adjust the itinerary....

Staying 2 or 3 days in a city is not enough to decide if you want to live there, specially when you are talking about a big city.Good luck anyway.

Yeah, I agree with lottery. I'm glad you are excited about Colombia, it's a great place, but 3 days in each city is barely enough to even recover from all the traveling you are doing. And 1 day in Pereira is not even scratching the surface.

To really get to know Colombia, I would recommend 2 weeks in each city. Then you can decide where your main hunting grounds will be. I notice you did not put Barranquilla on your list. A city that should definitely not be missed as the women from the coastline are the most fun, upbeat and down for whatever I have ever met, and all Colombians agree.

I recommend skipping Bogota, and placing Barranquilla in its place if another 3 days is not an option. Bogota actually sux in comparison to the women of the coastline hands down. The nightlife is better in Bogota, but who gives a shit - its all about the pun-tang.

Mixx

U right Mixx i need to add Baranquilla in that itinerary. Just gotta figure out which city to take away from from. Im thinking Bogota.

More time in each city would be preferable but I gotta work with what I got. I will be able to get a vibe from each city in a few days at the very least.

I wanna concentrate on the less touristy parts of the cities for nightlife in the main cities of bogota, medellin and cartagena. the other cities i should be alright with hitting the main spots and not seeing to many gingos.

This is the exact opposite way that I travel.

I stayed way longer than that in just Cartagena alone and now Bogota. I can tell you that 2 days in Bogota is basically nothing.

Imagine 2 days in NYC or LA for the first time? What would you know about each? Maybe that NYC has big buildings and a lot of people and that LA is really spread out with lots of cars and a beach?

I think you will get pretty haggard pretty quickly with all that travel and nightlife and swooping girls. And at the end of it, I don't think you will have accomplished much except maybe a digital camera full of photos you could have found on the Internet.

I would strongly advise you to reconsider to shoot it all at one spot, but maybe that's just me.

"March 4 - Medellin
March 5 - Pereria
March 6 - Cali"

That sounds like a brutal stretch. Especially when it can take a while to figure out the bus schedules. Or if you are flying, that seems like an awful lot of time in airports for three days.

And a lot of check in's - check out's, figuring out if Wifi works, packing and un-packing, figuring out where to get smokes, change money, eat a decent meal, grab a cocktail, SIM carding, making time to call MOM, swoop a girl, carrying luggage, double checking the room to see if you left something behind, showing your passport, losing your passport because you are running around so much etc etc etc

Some people may enjoy some of those as part of the "travel experience", but I don't. I like to set up shop ASAP and start operating.

I am not trying to throw salt on you trip, just playing Angel's advocate.

That being all being said, it should be a real interesting trip and I look forward to hearing about it.

And you probably will accomplish your goal of "seeing the vibe of each city for future travel".

Bon Voyage!

I would cap it at 3 cities.

Cartagena or Santa Marta... pick one
Pereria or Baranquilla... pick one

Scratch Cali.

Like the other guys said, you're not going to learn if a city is livable or not in a day. A proper scouting trip to LIVE in a place should take 3 months or so. How can you scout for livable location if you don't actually test living there?

Hey Dash good luck on your trip, expecting a good data sheet [Image: smile.gif]

Just wondering, are you doing this trip dolo ?

Trust me G, id much prefer to to stay longer in ALL destinations but with working and school ect i dont have as much time as i would like. I just gotta make due with what I got.

Im not sure when ill be able to go back to colombia within the next 2 years as i plan on going to peru and brazil in that time span before i graduate and move to Colombia soo i just wanna make sure I see as much as i can on this trip.

Im gonna really have to focus on swooping and using my time wisely in each city with such short stays. Def gonna have to daygame and go out every night to get some bangs.

If i can get 4 bangs out of this trip (non hookers) than I think ill consider it a success esp with not being fluent in spanish.

should be interesting non the less!

@ Fret

as it stands right now im doing this trip dolo.

Dash - how are you planning on moving to Colombia? Buying property? Starting a business?

Mixx

Quote: (01-17-2011 09:26 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Dash - how are you planning on moving to Colombia? Buying property? Starting a business?

Mixx

I graduated in 09 with a business degree and didnt want a 9-5 in the states. So i began thinking of ways to move abroad permanently and have the option of moving every few years to new locations. So after weighing my options i decided to go the education route for the next 8-10 yrs. Getting a masters in Education (Math). Once I finish that I will go to an international job fair for educators in the states(Iowa has a good one) where i'll get hired in Colombia at a colegio or university.

At first I was planning on just getting a certification to teach English in Colombia but decided that wasnt the best move as you would more than likely only be making enough to get by. Getting a education degree and getting licensed will allow me to working visas and make substantially more with the benefits of healthcare, pension, ect.

Im also gonna be working on an online biz when i get settled in Colombia.

I just wanna get the fuck out of the US and away from these American women asap!

After living in Colombia for 2 years I plan on moving to Brazil.

Quote: (01-17-2011 11:33 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2011 09:26 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Mixx

I graduated in 09 with a business degree and didnt want a 9-5 in the states. So i began thinking of ways to move abroad permanently and have the option of moving every few years to new locations. So after weighing my options i decided to go the education route for the next 8-10 yrs. Getting a masters in Education (Math). Once I finish that I will go to an international job fair for educators in the states(Iowa has a good one) where i'll get hired in Colombia at a colegio or university.

At first I was planning on just getting a certification to teach English in Colombia but decided that wasnt the best move as you would more than likely only be making enough to get by. Getting a education degree and getting licensed will allow me to working visas and make substantially more with the benefits of healthcare, pension, ect.

Im also gonna be working on an online biz when i get settled in Colombia.

I just wanna get the fuck out of the US and away from these American women asap!

After living in Colombia for 2 years I plan on moving to Brazil.

Nice. I have a ton of connects in Medellin, everywhere from top level law enforcement agents, to top modeling agencies, to Owners of extremely elite hotels. If you get into a jam, just holla at your boy!

Mixx

Dash,

"If i can get 4 bangs out of this trip (non hookers) than I think ill consider it a success esp with not being fluent in spanish."

Hell, with that hectic schedule, I would be impressed even if you were able to pull off swooping 4 hookys.

For 4 clean swoops to happen you are going to have to have the stars align for you multiple times.

Still, go for it. This trip has me pretty intrigued.

Also, think about it this way, if you pull off 4 clean swoops with that kind of travel schedule, I guarantee people will be lining up with their check books to book a "bootcamp" with you. It could become your "muse" and you could bag all that education stuff.

Hell, I would pay top dollar.

Yeah, sign me up for your first bootcamp dash!! 4 clean swoops/bangs with non-pros in just 72hrs in each city (not including travel/sleep time) ? You need to start contributing your game styles pronto!!

[Image: wink.gif]

Mixx

What can I say, im optimistic guys!

I will say this, im worried about my sleeping arrangements with staying in a hostel most of the time.

My pan is to bring them to a hotel (that i purchase that night if i have a willing DTF chick) Only problem is some girls will not be receptive to this.

Gonna have to focus my energy and game on the most likely targets day and night.

I got my work cut out for me with time/logistic problems, that one is for sure!

i'd focus on solely on Medellin or bogota as that is where you'd most likely get hired. I'd rather mine one deep gold mine than a series of shallow pools.

Quote: (01-17-2011 07:27 PM)bigbootyluvr Wrote:  

i'd focus on solely on Medellin or bogota as that is where you'd most likely get hired. I'd rather mine one deep gold mine than a series of shallow pools.

I'm pretty sure ill end up in Cali. Warm weather, good nightlife, and hot DTF women.

Quote: (01-17-2011 10:54 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure ill end up in Cali. Warm weather, good nightlife, and hot DTF women.

Very true. And if you learn some basic salsa moves, your clean swoops will triple. Just make sure you mention to them that you are a student.

TIP: Never say you are "learning" salsa. It carries a stigma of not knowing anything. Always say you are a student in active training.

Mixx

Dash-
I will be heading to that exact job fair (UNI IOWA) your talking about in 2 weeks....the schools from Colombia, Brasil, and thailand are some of the countries I am looking into setting up interviews with, enjoy your trip and I will pass on any info you need about job fair.

Quote: (01-18-2011 05:59 PM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

Dash-
I will be heading to that exact job fair (UNI IOWA) your talking about in 2 weeks....the schools from Colombia, Brasil, and thailand are some of the countries I am looking into setting up interviews with, enjoy your trip and I will pass on any info you need about job fair.

thats awesome man!

check your pm box! i got lots of questions for you!

Dash-
I sent you a pm...tried starting a thread last week on the International School topic, and advice on some of the smaller cities in Colombia and Brazil being represented at the UNI IOWA fair, but didnt get any response....regardless your approach to getting licensed up is the right one...many of my friends are living good lifestyles doing the international school gig, much better compared to being in a tefl position....visas, housing, retirement packages, summers off and a western salary....not a bad gig at all.
--tully

Quote: (01-18-2011 09:59 PM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

Dash-
I sent you a pm...tried starting a thread last week on the International School topic, and advice on some of the smaller cities in Colombia and Brazil being represented at the UNI IOWA fair, but didnt get any response....regardless your approach to getting licensed up is the right one...many of my friends are living good lifestyles doing the international school gig, much better compared to being in a tefl position....visas, housing, retirement packages, summers off and a western salary....not a bad gig at all.
--tully

Man i just checked out the list of places/schools(https://osfair.aacs.uni.edu/web/candidat...llist.aspx) that will be at the fair and im speechless! Tons of great cities to choose from! I almost creamed my pants alittle bit!

but would you earn as much money teaching in colombia/brazil as you would in america?