rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting rid of blackheads/black pores

I know they're hard to notice, but I hate them. I read something earlier that the almighty baking soda can help get rid of them...but does anyone know anything that has worked for them personally?

I know it's a bit girly, but we all should strive to look our best right?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

retina A(requires a perscription) will work. you could try seeing a dermatologist and see what they say. they have a tool to pop whiteheads and blackheads so that it won't scar your skin the same way you would if you pop pimples.

Haha its not serious enough for anything like that. Just a minor annoyance I have.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I have used this with decent luck.
http://www.mariobadescu.com/silver-powder

Just make sure that when you wash your nose, the water is pretty hot. Then I use facial soap, and then maybe repeat twice. Apply some of this and then wash out. I always make sure to wash nose with cold water or a toner to close the pores up.

If you have the funds, go to a skincare place and get a facial. Aside from being really relaxing, it really cleans up your face much better than you can do yourself.

When I first moved to Texas, I started getting blackheads on my nose. They weren't as noticeable compared to what most people experience, but it's still something I didn't want. I'd been in a relatively long relationship at the time and brought it up. Girlfriend bought me this thing and it handled the problem entirely. Looks ridiculous, but works incredibly well, feels awesome, and I get compliments on my skin regularly. I use it whenever I shower.

Alternatively, you could try putting hemp oil on your face. Seems counterintuitive, but when your face is properly hydrated and has enough oil, you get less pimples/blackheads.

Quote: (03-18-2014 07:57 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I have used this with decent luck.
http://www.mariobadescu.com/silver-powder

I'm going to order some of this, have always had lots of blackheads that just won't go away.

At the moment I alternate using face wash and scrub daily, and use a tweezerman tool 1-2 times a week to clear out the problem areas - the amount of gunk that comes out every time is ridiculous.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tweezerman-No-Sl...B00018TMP0

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Have you tried Clearisil face wash?

If they're on your nose, get one of those nasal strips. When I was at home, I used one of my sister's and the results were amazing.

I've got some blackhead-specific facial exfoliation scrub stuff, but it's more just like large pores. Pissing me off. I'm going to see if I can get those strips from somewhere here. Any Polish people know their version of Boots lol?

Use a 50/50 mix of avc and water as a facial toner, 2-3 nights of the week. by far the best toner, blackhead remover and pore tightener I have used. Be sure to use a cotton wool ball / pad and go easy the first few times as it can cause redening.

You can use those nose strips anywhere on your face. Put a facial mask on, take a hot shower to take ir off then put the strips on your face.

I haven't put anything but cold water on my face in over ten years. I do need to get rid of black heads/big pores on my nose those.

Might try those nose strips mentioned here. Good call.

Nice one bringing this up.

I tried those stripes years ago. Didn't help me at all.

Quote:Quote:

Girlfriend bought me this thing and it handled the problem entirely. Looks ridiculous, but works incredibly well, feels awesome, and I get compliments on my skin regularly. I use it whenever I shower.

Looks promising. Do you have to buy a special lotion for it every few days or do you use it with soap?

Also tried the blackhead strips and they did zero for me.

I had some luck with baking soda.

I did not really have a particular formula. Just make a paste, spread over your face, leave it for a while and then wash it off. I sometimes do it at night before going to bed. Put it on my face, take a piss, floss, brush my teeth, then wash it off. So it's on for about 5 minutes.

Don't scrub too hard when applying because it is abrasive and may cause irritation.

I could actually see my pores sticking out the first couple of times because it really forced the blackheads out.

Quote:Quote:

I had some luck with baking soda.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

It seems this stuff was sent from the gods. I am still so happy about using it as a deodorant. Will report back if it works.