rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A 'Non-Criminal Record' Document for Work Visa

Could use some good 'ole RVF help here.

I need a document stating that I do not have a criminal record for a work visa application. I went to my local police department and they looked at my like I was crazy when I asked for a document saying I am not a criminal.

Any help from someone who has done something like this already would be much appreciated.

I am a US citizen and no, I do not have a criminal record.

Hmm...
Thats kinda odd that the police wouldn't give you something.
I've had to get back ground checks done with jobs and i just went to the police station adn they took my contact info and vitals. A week later i got some shit in the mail.

Hey MD,

I needed a work visa for Canada after spending a year working in the US. so I had to get an FBI background check.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/crimina...ary-checks

Quote: (03-15-2014 04:08 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

Hey MD,

I needed a work visa for Canada after spending a year working in the US. so I had to get an FBI background check.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/crimina...ary-checks

This seems like what I'll need! Knew one of you guys would be able to help me out.

Ask again.

What country is it? Most immigration departments are going to want a nation wide criminal background check. Im doing the FBI check right now and its a bitch of a process. Can take months...
After you get it, you will most likely have to get it certified by the State Department which can take another month.

Oh yeah the FBI took a good 8 weeks. Depends how busy they are.

Quote:Quote:

What country is it? Most immigration departments are going to want a nation wide criminal background check. Im doing the FBI check right now and its a bitch of a process. Can take months...
After you get it, you will most likely have to get it certified by the State Department which can take another month.

If you search my post history you can probably find out. I tend to not conglomerate too much of my personal info into single posts/threads.

Quote:Quote:

I gave myself a good amount of time to get all of this done. It seems beneficial for me go through the process once, have it done properly, and not give myself headaches trying to get this paperwork redone. FBI seems like the best route.

Write a copy of the letter yourself and bring it to the police station.. Also bring it in on a flash drive. If possible, have them print it on police letterhead or just sign off on the copy you brought in.

Should be in and out in under 1-2hrs.

Assuming this is for your overseas position, this will suffice. FBI is overkill

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (03-20-2014 10:54 AM)DVY Wrote:  

Write a copy of the letter yourself and bring it to the police station.. Also bring it in on a flash drive. If possible, have them print it on police letterhead or just sign off on the copy you brought in.

Should be in and out in under 1-2hrs.

Assuming this is for your overseas position, this will suffice. FBI is overkill

Tried this route similar to this already. I live in a bureaucratic nightmare of a city. If anything is slightly 'off policy' then it can't be done.

Quote: (03-15-2014 06:19 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

If you are in a hurry, there are companies that expedite the process for a fee. Just Google.

Last year, it took about five weeks to receive an FBI criminal background report (including mail time both ways). You should plan for two months.