rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Summer Styles that Work

Summer Styles that Work

So the warm weather is fast approaching here in New York, and I must admit that when it comes to summer, my style could use some work. For the most part it's consisted of t-shirts and the like (but thankfully never any flip flops).

What are some of the casual styles that you guys sport that fits the warm weather, but also lets you look your best?

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Summer Styles that Work

I usually wear black, white, or grey linen or lighter material shorts with a v neck and some low top shoes or slip ons. Black board shorts and a white t when I go to the pool. Flip flops, but with the strap across the toes, not the came toe type

But, I live in Texas, so you probably want a different look

Summer Styles that Work

I hate wearing jeans and dress pants or even khalkis in the summer, all sweaty and shit. I love linen in the summertime, or at least the few months of it we have in Chicago. I don't go overboard and do the miami vice thing, nothing to flashy or cubana joe or whatever that brand is but love linen. casual look while still looking smart, no sweaty balls and very comfortable

Summer Styles that Work

It sucks in Miami, some of my best clothes are just too hot to where in the humid Miami nights.

Summer Styles that Work

V-necks, polos and button down linen shirts (short/long sleeve). Cotton pants/blazer work well too. Since you're in NYC, I imagine you've heard of Uniqlo. They have all the above in every color imaginable. If the items are on promotion, you can easily snag a 2 for 1 type deal.

Summer Styles that Work

Thin, linen, white, button up tops are what you want.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Summer Styles that Work

Quote: (03-12-2014 09:56 PM)unbowed Wrote:  

V-necks, polos and button down linen shirts (short/long sleeve). Cotton pants/blazer work well too. Since you're in NYC, I imagine you've heard of Uniqlo. They have all the above in every color imaginable. If the items are on promotion, you can easily snag a 2 for 1 type deal.

Gonna check that out. Thanks.

Some pictures of decent outfits would work wonders.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Summer Styles that Work

Summer in NYC is brutal because so much of the city has sub par air conditioning.

For work, I went with the standard light brown/tan suits, but linen never seemed dressy enough in a suit, and cotton was just as hot as wool ime.

Pastel cotton/linen dress shirts, khakis, and lighter dress shoes.

Weekend day time, I had my.girl at the time, so regular dude stuff, lacoste, Fred Perry, mall brand shorts - banana, j. Crew. High quality v neck t-shirts. Aviator sunglasses. Switch from musky/spicy cologne to citrus cologne.

Had I been single, same uniform, just all nicer brands.

Nights? Lighter versions of the norm.

Spring and Summer are time for color and skin.

WIA

Summer Styles that Work

Quote: (03-13-2014 02:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Switch from musky/spicy cologne to citrus cologne.
WIA

Hah, love it.

Quote: (03-13-2014 02:03 PM)Libertas Wrote:  

Gonna check that out. Thanks.

Some pictures of decent outfits would work wonders.

Some googled linen and polo ideas below. I'm not a shorts guy but like the white cotton pants. I would also leave the polos and linen untucked.

The best thing to do is go to a store and try things on; you'll find something that clicks, color and material wise. They say retail sales are slumping, so you should be able to clean house in the next few months.

Oh, also - gingham shirts. Those picnic check patterns? Yeah, let the girl imagine taking your shirt off and having a picnic.

Here's a nice linen shirt, pastel and all as per WIA.

[Image: amalfi-lotus-pink-linen-shirt.jpeg]

Dressier:

[Image: ray-ban-wayferers-mens-preppy-blog.jpg]

Gingham style:
[Image: Menswear-Style-blue-gingham-blue-isaia-jacket-.jpg]

[Image: gingham-shirt.jpg]

More Linen:
[Image: 68687.jpg]

Polo:
[Image: uniqlopolo2.jpg]

[Image: uniqlo-bastian-hero.jpg]

Summer Styles that Work

Fuck me, these are the gayest ugliest clothes ever.

The only guy that's well dressed is this guy, and I would still substitute the sneakers for some boots, but that's just a personal preference as I never wear sneakers.

Summer Styles that Work

Quote: (03-14-2014 12:47 AM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Fuck me, these are the gayest ugliest clothes ever.

The only guy that's well dressed is this guy, and I would still substitute the sneakers for some boots, but that's just a personal preference as I never wear sneakers.

He's got short legs for a black guy. Asian-esque.

The West Coast style is considerably much more relaxed and "summery."

[Image: article-2170071-13F80F76000005DC-565_634x888.jpg]

Summer Styles that Work

Shorts high above the knee just make it look like you're on your way to nibble on a thick juicy member.

Here are some styles I found:

[Image: Fashion-Styles-For-Men-235.jpg]

[Image: man6.jpg?w=500&h=345]

[Image: br-otf-out22451odv01.jpg]

[Image: 4b867adddd82e7052402acc08a79d9a8.jpg]

Summer Styles that Work

Look I get the pics are far from the Daniel Craig in Cuba for Quantum of Solace ideal, and I don't have experience searching for pictures of male models with style, but my point is: polos, linens and gingham shirts. Cotton pants are more than enough. I don't advocate the shorts, but more power to guys who can get laid in them.

By April you will see all these styles in stores, so your best bet is to go in person and find what works for you. Some guys can rock pastels, others should stick to mute. Uniqlo has nice clothing but is advertised with androgynous/hipstery examples.

Regarding those sneakers, I agree. I would go with some desert boots or a nice pair of oxfords.

Personally i focus on the clothing: patterns, material, contrast/accessorizing possibilities. Use your imagination, don't rely on models to dictate what's cool. Pink linen can and has worked for straight men. The only question is will it work with you, and no doppleganger wearing your style online can answer that.

I should have just dropped this and passed out [Image: lol.gif]

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/polo.html
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/linen.html

Summer Styles that Work

Anyone know where to get cheap linen pants and shirts? I used to go to the Calvin Klein outlet near me and they actually had some pretty good deals but hoping to find some other sites where I can buy cheap linen pants and shirts.

Summer Styles that Work

Catch me outside the club this spring posted up like this. Wide stance the ladies take a second glance. Nothing underneath though, optimal blood flow.

[Image: attachment.jpg17590]   

Summer Styles that Work

Gentlemen, may I present to you, the seersucker suit. The ultimate form of high temperature men's fashion.

[Image: MensTwo-Button-Vented-Sky-Blue-Suit.jpg]

The preferred fabric of the southern gentleman, "...seersucker is woven in such a way that some threads bunch together, giving the fabric a wrinkled appearance in places. This feature causes the fabric to be mostly held away from the skin when worn, facilitating heat dissipation and air circulation."

Stay cool while staying cool.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth