rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help a Med Student Decide Which US party city (Vegas, Miami, etc) to set up shop in

Help a Med Student Decide Which US party city (Vegas, Miami, etc) to set up shop in

Hi guys.

I'm a med student about to apply for residency next year. I'd like to ideally do residency and then work as an attending physician (full time $$ doc) in the same city so I don't have to move.

I'm currently 30 years old, in very good shape. Will be earning about $17-18,000 per month AFTER taxes as an emergency room physician at age 33, and this figure might go up in the future if I join a group where I can become a partner. I figure I'd like to save $10,000 per month, and blow $8,000 a month on whatever I want, rent included of course.

I'm single and have no plans of marriage anytime soon, if ever.

I'll be working ~30-36 hours per week (which is standard) after residency. So I should have a decent amount of free time.

I'm thinking my home base cities are between (as an ER doctor I can pick any city I want):

Las Vegas, NV
Miami, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tampa, FL
Austin, TX/Dallas, TX

I love hot white women, not so much on the latinas, but I know Miami has tons of both.

Which city would you guys choose if you were in my shoes? How would you rank the ones I listed? I've never been to any of them except Austin. Thanks!!

I'm no expert on any of these areas but I've visited all and here's the view from someone on the outside:

Miami/Fort Lauderdale
2/3 of all inhabitants speak Spanish as a first language. While the quantity of white girls might still be there the percentages are not. Go here if you have a strong desire for Latinas. But for the white girls you'll be fighting tooth and nail with every other guy.

Las Vegas
Too much of a transient populace to properly leverage the MD angle.

Texas
Them folks are traditional. Which means your occupation will immediately put you among the upper layers of their society. My least favorite place of the options in general but probably the best considering your situation.

If you like the white girls, I'd say Austin.

Miami has variety, but when you live there, it's pretty much 85% Latinas. Just know that going in. Especially if you're not in South Beach.

I've heard Austin is dope too. That would be my pick taking your preferences into consideration.

Quote: (03-12-2014 03:13 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Las Vegas

As a doctor, all the faces become a blur eventually and it becomes hard to recognise patients, especially those that you've only seen once or twice in an ER. It's quiet awkward being in a situation where you find yourself accidentally hitting on one of your former patients. In some places that might lead to a complaint to your professional board leading to a disciplinary hearing, in other words, a shitting-where-you-eat situation.

A transient population may be a good thing in light of this. It's something to consider, at least.

I'm no expert on any of these areas but I've visited all and here's the view from someone on the outside:

Miami/Fort Lauderdale
2/3 of all inhabitants speak Spanish as a first language. While the quantity of white girls might still be there the percentages are not. Go here if you have a strong desire for Latinas. But for the white girls you'll be fighting tooth and nail with every other guy.

Las Vegas

Texas
Them folks are traditional. Which means your occupation will immediately put you among the upper layers of their society. My least favorite place of the options in general but probably the best considering your situation.

Thanks for the feedback. What about Tampa? Plenty of hot white girls from what I hear and near some beautiful beaches. Also a conservative more old fashioned place, more like Texas??

I'm actually from Houston myself but hot white girls are in VERY SHORT SUPPLY given the fact we are a metro area city of 6 million people. Maybe Dallas is what I need.

Vegas is very transient, which yeah might get old after a while.

Quote:Quote:

As a doctor, all the faces become a blur eventually and it becomes hard to recognise patients, especially those that you've only seen once or twice in an ER. It's quiet awkward being in a situation where you find yourself accidentally hitting on one of your former patients. In some places that might lead to a complaint to your professional board leading to a disciplinary hearing, in other words, a shitting-where-you-eat situation.
A transient population may be a good thing in light of this. It's something to consider, at least.

I have a good memory, I'm not worried [Image: smile.gif]

If you like the white girls, I'd say Austin.

Miami has variety, but when you live there, it's pretty much 85% Latinas. Just know that going in. Especially if you're not in South Beach.

I've heard Austin is dope too. That would be my pick taking your preferences into consideration.

Austin is great but the job market in my field pays a lot less there than Dallas. As an ER physician, I can earn, starting, over $400k/yr plus benefits in Dallas or Houston (highest paying markets in the country right now). In Austin, it would be around $275-300k, still good money but is Austin worth the 100k pay cut? Austin can't be that much better than Dallas in the hot white girl department.

I never thought of Dallas as a party city. Your list is short.

Of the cities on the list, I'd say 1. Austin, 2. Miami.

You should be able to bring the party wherever you go.

Why not NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, Nashville, Savannah, Seattle?

Quote: (03-12-2014 11:03 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

if he wants white girls, avoid California at all costs! you will be fighting tooth and nail with everybody for a hot white girl.

Quote: (03-12-2014 11:03 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Anywhere cold is ruled out, I hate the cold. LA is way too expensive and I have no desire to pay California 12% of my income as state tax. Seattle is too rainy for me... I need sunshine!

I wouldn't mind Chicago if it weren't for the weather. NYC is another very low paying market for my field, ~230-250k yr, which is nothing in NYC. I'd rather make 450k in TX or 350k in FL or Vegas.

Dallas

Quote: (03-12-2014 10:55 AM)HighStreet Wrote:  

Miami/Fort Lauderdale

Las Vegas

Texas

Thanks for the feedback. What about Tampa? Plenty of hot white girls from what I hear and near some beautiful beaches. Also a conservative more old fashioned place, more like Texas??

Tampa is very spread out. Also conservative as you say, almost veering on redneck. El Mechanico could tell you more on the place though.

Miami could eat you alive. Try spending a week in each place to see if you dig the city's vibe and could see yourself consistently finding talent there.

Ft. Lauderdale is okay, but Tampa might be a better size for you. You should definitely look into New Orleans and Austin too. If you're from Houston, both of these are major cities in the south that you will fit right into.

Quote: (03-12-2014 03:57 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Las Vegas

LOL at this. What are the chances of working in the ER of a major city and then somehow hitting on one of the patients (let alone even seeing one) in a bar.

That said, what do you like to do for fun? Do you like the ocean? Everyone likes different cities for different reasons. Personally I love San Diego.

You "love hot white women, not so much on the latinas" and are using the playboy doc angle...my experience from your list, go with Dallas or Ft. Lauderdale (don't know enough about Tampa). 2 cents.

How come no one mentions North Carolina? Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area has plenty of white girls and students, as well as good hospitals. Good weather, beach 2.5 hours away, mountains maybe 4 hours away. I would never consider Miami...Ft. Lauderdale, yes.

1. Austin
2. Tampa

Austin is the winner here by a mile. Tampa is good although it can be a little small at times. Miami has a high cost of living, its only 11 %white (non hispanic)and you'll want to be proficient in spanish to survive at your job. Fort lauderdale is another solid option. Cost of living can get high but its manageable. I would never want to live in Vegas personally.

Quote: (03-11-2014 10:06 PM)HighStreet Wrote:  

Hi guys.

I'm a med student about to apply for residency next year. I'd like to ideally do residency and then work as an attending physician (full time $$ doc) in the same city so I don't have to move.

I'm currently 30 years old, in very good shape. Will be earning about $17-18,000 per month AFTER taxes as an emergency room physician at age 33, and this figure might go up in the future if I join a group where I can become a partner. I figure I'd like to save $10,000 per month, and blow $8,000 a month on whatever I want, rent included of course.

I'm single and have no plans of marriage anytime soon, if ever.

I'll be working ~30-36 hours per week (which is standard) after residency. So I should have a decent amount of free time.

I'm thinking my home base cities are between (as an ER doctor I can pick any city I want):

Las Vegas, NV
Miami, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tampa, FL
Austin, TX/Dallas, TX

I love hot white women, not so much on the latinas, but I know Miami has tons of both.

Which city would you guys choose if you were in my shoes? How would you rank the ones I listed? I've never been to any of them except Austin. Thanks!!

Alright Young healer, here is a fair warning, I know the health care field inside out here in U.S just don't want to divulge my real identity on the net. Don't think I'm trying to paternize you, just what I would do if were you and had taken red pill earlier in my life.

I have highlighted some parts of your OP that stood out to me. I will ask some questions too that can help me answer your questions even better

1. How Red pill are you or What is your Level of Game now ?

2. What race are you ? What do you look like ?

3. Why do you not want to move and get a Job in the same town you do Residency ?

Residency Years:

You are trying to start living your life after your Residency ? Start living your life Now and during residency knock out every single hot nurse, Physical therapist, Pharmacist, Nuring assistant, aspiring med student, volunteers etc etc that is there in the Biggest Teaching Hospital in the town you are in and then get the hell out of the town you did your residency in ....

IMO your biggest Obstacle to not banging would be you not willing to move on the quick [Image: idea.gif]

If your Residency Pay is almost the same all the states except a few, Why not do Residency at NYU if you get in or any other program Mt-Sinai, St.Luke roosevelt etc etc, Shit Son it gives me goose bumps to think I'm doing residency in NYC Single, Red Pill, free of shackles . Hot damn ! I will Kill every single Bangable punani and there are tons in hospitals alone, I need not say anything about NYC in General.

Read this post of mine on Hospital Game . I'm sure you are already aware that that are very few Doctors with game but the one that are there clean the house.

Money:

I understand you would have a loan of about $ 250,000 when you graduate and maybe not ?

If making as much money as quickly as possible after the residency is your goal, may be stick with the cities you mentioned but joining a group ? Do you even think that would bring you stability, Do you know every group goes through major Up's and Down's.

If I were you i would do Locum Tenens in town for 3 months, do as many 12- 24 hr shifts I can, clean money and Bishes both in and outside the hospital and get the fuck out to the next town before your reputaion gets too bad.

ER , Anesthesiology, Radiology are perfect for player doctor who wants to be on the move (Locum tenens) there are no overheads, you have no Practice to uproot and If you are single and don't want to get married you should be doing this period.

Want to go a little more extreme, A friend of mine held two contracts from 2 different hospitals one for 14 shifts , one for 10 shifts but that was in a non-sexy midwestern state, that is where you will make a lot more money then either coasts, drove a Carrerra made a shit ton of money and banged a shit ton of pussy and guess what did he look like. Sean kingston [Image: huh.gif]

Conclusion:

If you want to stick with your plan my Vote goes to Tampa , just never take your car to a greek mechanic , I think he's a forum member around here ......

My sincere advice would be to do Residency in NYC and then hop on the fuck train to Midwestern USA Tennessee, KY, OH and more for some Cowboy boot with daisy duke shorts wearing white southern belles and or go to FL town hopping .

Any questions you want to ask in private ? PM me or otherwise I will be happy to answer on this thread.

Happy journey and happy hunting ........

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Dallas sounds like a really good option for you. You could stack 150k a year into investments and still live like a king. In Dallas, 300k per year puts you in the 98th percentile of earners. 416k puts you in the 99th percentile. Accordding to wikipedia, Dallas is 50% white, which gives you about 250k white girls in the city. It says about 40% hispanic, and 25% black, so some of the white girls are gonna be latina. Most places in America with good weather like you said are gonna have less white girls than places further north.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Dallas & outlying suburbs are very yuppy professional. All 4 major sports teams, international networking scene (for those who seek it), and there's more white chicks for ya in the aformentioned 'burbs' that like to party in Uptown, Henderson, Greenville, etc.

Great culinary city & the fastest growing metropolitan area in the US now with 6.6 mil ppl in it.

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like Tampa and Dallas are ranking pretty highly.

I will have no debt, my parents paid for my med school (lucky me I know). In Dallas I can start out making $400,000 per year plus benefits. In Tampa I could make around $300,000 plus benefits.

I'd like to do residency in the same city as where I want to work after so I can just buy a house or nice condo as a 1st year resident instead of wasting money on rent. So I need to try land a residency next year in Tampa or Dallas I guess...

I have highlighted some parts of your OP that stood out to me. I will ask some questions too that can help me answer your questions even better

1. How Red pill are you or What is your Level of Game now ?

2. What race are you ? What do you look like ?

3. Why do you not want to move and get a Job in the same town you do Residency ?

My level of game is fine...I know how to talk to women I guess. Not afraid of cold approaching or anything like that. I'm pretty personable I'd say. I'm white, 6"1, decent looking.

I don't want to do locums tenens, because you have to keep moving around for that. I'd like to stay in one place like I said, so I can make Dallas or Tampa or Austin my homebase city.

Not going to NYC ever if I can avoid it. I hate the cold weather...

Just curious, why haven't you given Southern California any thought?

Good weather, great outdoor activities, and plenty of woman of all types of nationalities.

Quote: (03-12-2014 05:15 PM)kaka Wrote:  

Good weather, great outdoor activities, and plenty of woman of all types of nationalities.

Don't want to pay 12-13% of my income to the state of California in taxes. California also has the lowest wages in the nation for ER doctors. (everybody wants to work in LA/SD)

^^ There's a lot of hospitals in say Arlington, Mid-Cities, etc if living in Dallas. So if you have to go to work in those areas, you'd be going against traffic if living in Dallas area (mornings). I know some doctors who prefer that setup.

Once you narrow it down to 2 or 3 I would spend the few thousand and take a trip to each city to get a feel for it. Considering you'll be making so much money, and this decision could dictate where you live for many years to come, I think's it worth the initial cost.

Quote: (03-12-2014 05:17 PM)HighStreet Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2014 05:15 PM)kaka Wrote:  

Don't want to pay 12-13% of my income to the state of California in taxes. California also has the lowest wages in the nation for ER doctors. (everybody wants to work in LA/SD)

I guess you do have to make some trades in order to live in a nice place. Living and growing your business/trade in San Diego would be amazing.

I'd choose Austin.

Miami may sound ideal, but you will be blowing through that money like no one's business. This is from knowing a doc who did that there starting in a similar path. He had a kickass time and got laid a ton but was partying too much and blew through everything, bottles, etc. However, this was supplemented by some side gigs that seemed to payout a lot. Also, my friend got tired of the language barrier and cultural issues of taking care of patients in Miami.