rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data Sheet Santiago, Chile

Santiago de Chile Data Sheet

I am new to the forum and want to contribute some info and experiences of Santiago. I´m not a native Chilean, but am fluent in Spanish and have been living here for a few years now, so I know the city quite well.

General Overview

Santiago metro area has around 7 million inhabitants. Located 100 kms from the coast (Viña del Mar is a pretty nice beach town in summer, might be worth another Data Sheet on its own) and near the Andes mountains (ski resorts El Colorado and Farellones are within an hour of down town Santiago). Social differences are huge. The best communes are in the eastern part of the city: Las Condes, Providencia, Lo Barnechea and Vitacura. Santiago Centro, Ñuñoa and La Reina are in between and the rest has a different feel to it in general. Overall, Santiago is very safe for Latin American standards, the main thing to worry about are pickpockets.

Santiago has a sunny Mediterranean climate, but be aware that it gets chilly at night and in general heating and insulation of the houses is bad. I have business relations over from Europe, North America and Latin America on a regular basis and they always are surprised how developed and pleasant the city is. Of course I always take them to the nice spots and show them the best Santiago has to offer, but still. For sure the best time to visit is September (Fiestas Patrias) –to April. Winter is quite harsh actually.

Girls

Chileans are predominately mestizos with mostly European ancestry. I´ve read that the average Chilean person has around 70% European ancestry and 30% indigenous. Higher social class girls are more European in general (mainly Spanish with some Italian, German and Arab influences). It gives an idea what you can expect here. Upper class girls are in general better looking. If you like Latinas and haven´t been to southern Brazil yet, you might like the Chilean girls. In summertime the girls show quite some skin I was happily surprised when I saw hot chicks at the swimming pool and beach in g-strings.

Upper class girls (cuicas) are the hottest, but also have a bit more attitude. They are brought up with nannies and in a very protected and rich environment, so they can be a bit spoiled. But it proved for me to work very good to tease them with their cuica background, they like that if you do it the right way. If you don´t speak Spanish, cuicas will be your main target, some of them speak perfect English.

Chilean culture is a bit conservative, but this is changing rapidly, the young generation is quite liberal. Also, as you guys of course know, the most conservative girls can be extremely horny and up for whatever, you just need to make them feel comfortable and release their inner slut.

In comparison to Europe, i am definitely not negative about the girls in Chile, but there are very little 9s and 10s, in Europe that percentage is higher.

Foreigners are well receipted in general (white guys, not so much Peruvians or Colombians for instance) and I´ve also seen black guys (western black guys, Colombians and Dominicans not so much) do well with decent looking chilenas.

Day game

This is something I really want to improve for myself. Santiago has a lot of great spots for this. Also the culture is quite open to cold approaches. Most Chilean guys do shout out to girls (´mijita rica´), but I have never seen a Chilean dude do a proper day time approach scoring a number the least. I really think this has great potential in Santiago.

Avenida Apoquindo

The heart of the business district in Las Condes. During weekdays the streets are full with hot chicks. Unfortunately my office is not in Las Condes, but every time I go there I am more tempted to move there just for this reason. Also the streets around there of course are excellent day game spots, especially in summer (Isidora Goyenechea, Presidente Riesco etc.).

Parque Arauco

Great spot as there is a big mall with a nice park next to it. This is my preferred spot in the weekends for day game.

Parque Metropolitano

Especially the top of Cerro San Cristobal around the Maria statue, the Japanese garden and the 2 beautiful swimming pools (only in summer) are good spots.

There are many other good spots, mainly malls and parks for day game like Parque Forestal, Mall Alto Las Condes, Barrio Brasil, Parque Bustamante, Cerro Santa Lucia, Mall Portal La Dehesa, Parque San Borja, streets of Providencia etc. Remember always the more to the east you go, the better the quality gets.

Night game

I am personally very much into rolling solo, since I lack a good wingman. There are 3 areas that I know very well:

Barrio Brasil

This is near to my apartment so it´s my ideal spot for dates, logistics wise. It´s in Santiago Centro and it’s not the best looking area but I dig the vibe it has to it. Crowd is not exactly cuico (upper class), but more alternative, professionals having a drink after work, gothic kids etc. It´s mainly bars not clubs. For me bars called Voodoo and Baires are my favorite as they are quite spacious (some privacy) and have good couches to chill at. There is also a literary café on Plaza Brasil.

Barrio Bellavista

This is the obvious and best known spot for night life. It does have the highest concentration of bars and clubs. I recommend the area east of Pio Nono street with special notice of Galpon 9 (best ratios I have experienced in Santiago, don´t go too late, get there just before 12 o’clock). It´s closed in the summer as the owners move to the beach (Reñaca) and open a club there. For night game I also recommend Bar Constitución (get´s going fairly late, around 1, just as the rest of Santiago´s night life) and Chocolate. For dates I found Rocco´s at Patio Bellavista to be nice with spacious couches and a nice balcony with view on Cerro San Cristobal.

Vitacura

More upscale part of town, but the night life attracts a more mature crowd was my experience. Club Eve was not really my cup of tea, but maybe it was just the wrong night. Las Urracas was much better. The fame it has being a milf bar is totally true. I got eye fucked a lot by cougars, some of which could actually make my dick hard. But there was no need to hit on the cougars as the first night I went there one of my fuck buddies was dying for my dick and I was more than happy to give it to her (she is a solid 8 in my book and I had only hit it once before that night), so I went off to her place. The second night I went there (solo) there were younger girls too and the place was packed. I approached a few chicks, one of which was an insanely hot Mexican chick, but due to circumstances (cock blocking and me not being aggressive enough), it went nowhere. The fourth approach was successful and I spent the rest of the night trying to get this girl home with me. She was a 6,5 with a good body. I think I was close, but in the end she had to bring her friends home and I probably wasn´t persistent enough. Currently running text game on her and she lives in my commune, so that is something with potential. This is for sure a venue to keep in mind, only logistics are crap for me (a 20 min taxi drive to my place).

After office

I heard about this after office place (After Office Alto San Francisco) which is said to be a very good game venue, but I don´t know anything about it, just that it starts early on Wednesday from 19.00 to 01.00 AM. Very curious about that and also about Miércoles Po (some expat party on Wednesday as well). If you guys have any info on these two, let me know! Might be they are goldmines.

Conclusions and game advice

To me Santiago is very pleasant as the girls are (very) receptive and the fact that I am young, independent, have my shit together, am tall, am fluent in Spanish, understand the culture and the exotic factor makes life very good for me here. The fact that I experience very little rejection (don´t want to brag here), means probably that I am not even near my potential. My plan is to focus much more on day game as with online and night game I am way too often unpleasantly surprised when I see them in daylight and sober. Since I am a beginner in game and still feel some approach anxiety, this needs some work.

My experience is that gaming chilenas and other Latinas (a lot of colombianas and argentinas here too), isn´t much different from gaming other girls. However I think asshole game as how it works in the West doesn´t work that well here. I also feel you can be much more masculine and it´s not weird at all to expect the girl to cook and clean if she stays at your place (culture is not as feminist as western culture). My game predominantly consists of making the girl feel comfortable, make my intentions clear, a lot of teasing and making her laugh with my slightly cocky, confident way of gaming her.

Adding some data to the sheet.

Sala Gente

Went here recently and I was quite impressed. It`s on Avenida Apoquindo near Escuela Militar (metro station) in Las Condes. It`s kind of in the basement of the Omnium building (shopping centre). It`s a spacious club. It usually gets going after 01.00 AM and gets crowded very fast, so hang in there if it`s dead at 00.00 AM. The best thing are the ratios: at least 60% female which is the best i witnessed in Santiago, together with Galpón 9 in Bellavista. Cover is 7.000 pesos (USD 15) for guys. I noticed a few guys rolling solo here and one of them (gringo looking) was actually leaving within 30 minutes after approaching with one of the hottest girls present that night. This makes me want to come back solo to Sala Gente soon (I was with a girl). [Image: banana.gif]

El Tunel

This club is also worth mentioning. It`s located in the centre (Santiago Centro) in Santo Domingo (street). The place get`s very crowded because it is not too big. It is not very spacious and offers a lot of opportunity for isolation. This is a good place for more bold and aggresive dance game, especially later in the night and with a buzz of the alcohol.

Santo Remedio

One of my favorite bars for first dates. Only problem for me is logistics, since i don`t live nearby. Located in Providencia and has a very nice interior and atmosphere. Girls like it a lot. The couches in the back are nice and the food is good. It`s a good spot because it`s different, not very well known and not in a typical night life zone such as Bellavista. If you stay or live in Providencia and going on dates with online chicks and want to go for the first date bang, this place is perfect!

I will try to add as much useful information as posible with the idea of building a goldmine of information for players visiting this lovely city. I think these data sheets could save a lot of time and money if you re new to a city!

Solid sheet. I agree with a lot of your recommendations and your descriptions match up well with my experiences. Galpon 9, Bar Constitucion, El Tunel, and Las Urracas are definitely all on my short list of good spots in Santiago (and you're spot-on about Las Urracas having a bunch of cougars but some of them are pretty hot). I liked that you dropped some data on bars that are good spots for dates too--that's something I never figured out too well so I'll definitely be checking out some of those the next time I go there.

If you want to get in on the Miercoles Po scene, just join the Facebook group and they post all the info there. It's a pretty good option for picking up study-abroad students since they basically have an entire club to themselves and charge Chilean guys a prohibitive cover while Chilean girls get let in cheap like the students (plus study-abroad programs skew female in the first place). It happens every Wednesday during study-abroad semesters and the club changes every week. The only caveat is that you'll probably stick out if you don't look young since pretty much everyone there is a college student.

It has been a while i've actually partied in Santiago but if i remember well : average Chilean girls tend to be a bit chubby and college students are always broke (all Universities there cost a lot,loans don't come easily) I can't say much about gaming them,rich or poor,i've been there many times but never got the flag [Image: blush.gif]

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Bate, very solid spreadsheet. My Santiago experience was limited to one weekend, but i agree with you 100% about Bellavista.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Thanks for the report.

Can you tell us some other things about Santiago? If I ever do leave the USA, Chile is definitely high on my list of places to consider settling permanently. What kind of employers are there? Are there lots of creative people (actors, musicians, artists) there?

Just wanted to weigh in on the Afteroffice / Miercoles Po query mentioned by Bate.

Afteroffice is a weekly party held in the early evening at a pretty cool rooftop space that is accessed through the 9th floor parking lot of a nondescript office building. Nice view of the city, huge outdoor smoking area and indoor dance floor, it's a good setup. Cover is 8000 pesos for men. The crowd at Afteroffice is older - not college students, but rather young professionals and a handful of those over 35. Mostly pairs of men or pairs of women are the attendees, and I guess the occasional large mixed group. 98% of the people at Afteroffice are Chilean. There is a VIP space in the back of the indoor area which is ironically a sausage fest. Other than that, the ratio is 1:1.

Miercoles Po is held at a different venue every week, sometimes in Providencia (which includes Bellavista), sometimes in Santiago Centro, but never in Oriente (the nice part of town). Every week is a different theme (Brazil-theme, Mexico-theme, Silver-and-gold theme, etc). Show a foreign passport and get in for free, regardless of gender. Less than a quarter of the men are Chilean and about a third of the girls. Much younger crowd than at Afteroffice. As a previous poster in a different thread mentioned however, the downside is that you have to see American girls. In fact, a good portion of the attendees of Miercoles Po are European and US exchange students who stand around in their mixed group circles with their drinks. Nevertheless, a huge majority of the men are wasted at any given time and I deem Miercoles Po to be a shitshow in every sense of the word. You should go at least once if you are in Santiago.

Sailor, you are right, especially on the college students. Many Chilenas are a bit chubby, but i think it`s nowhere near American standards.

puckerman, the positive thing about Chile is that corruption is low and the economic growth has been steady since 1990, making Chile the Latin American country with the highest GDP per capita (togther with Uruguay i think). However, bureacracy is huge and government institutions work very slow, but the important thing is that they do work. As i mentioned the inome and social differences are huge and the society is extremely classist. Things such as surname, what comuna you live in, what University you studied at, are extremely important. As a foreigner you can avoid this a bit and generally European and North American expats are received very well.

Most foreigners work as Engilsh teachers (pay is low) and the best salaries are to be earned in the mining industry (Chile is no. 1 copper exporter in the world), that`s where the money is. Apart from teaching and mine industry i know expats working in agri-business, financial services and particpating in the Start-up Chile program (startupchile.org). The brother of my ex gf is an artist and was struggling to get by, but apart from that I don`t know too much about possibilities for creative people. In general it`s not hard to find a job, but expect low salaries.

Your best bet would be to have some field you are expert in, speak several languages fluently and have connections. Contact your embassy, become a member of expat community Internations, contact companies from your home country who are active in Chile etc. I always say that you should just go there if you really want and be confident about yourself. From there you can work your way up. Don`t try to plan too much on forehand. If you need aditional info, hit me up!

mr_lucky, thanks for the info! Afteroffice sounds very good to me. Young profesionals are my preferred target group. I will also give Miércoles Po a try, but i might a bit too old (looking): i`m 26 and look a bit older.

I really really like amerindian chicks and don't like American ones. chile must be the least desirable to me because they are very not amerindian there. They just look like white north americans. I will never go.

Ilovejaneandfinch, I asume you haven`t been to Chile. As you may have read in my Date Sheet, Chilean girls are on average 30% amerindian and you definitely see that in Chile. I think you will for sure find some girls of your taste here. The countries with the least amerindian looking girls are Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. On the other hand, Peru, Mexico, Bolivia and Central America will be heaven for you! Chile is in between.

There are Amerindian looking girls up North of Brazil but the really cute ones are few and far between;and i would not recommend those North states of Brazil as a holidays destination.

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

I've been in Chile for about 3-4 months. Doing a master's program here and translation work on the side.

Chileans are not the best Latin America has to offer, nonetheless they are they still attractive and should pass people's boner tests.

Some good spots to game are Salsotecas like Orixas and Maestra Vida. Generally good ratios and the chicks are pretty attractive. I tend to like Orixas more, because it has a younger crowd.

I'm a fan of Chile. I think Santiago is maybe the most livable city in all of Latin America. Girls aren't spectacular, but okay enough. Argentina is right next door anyhow.

Quote: (07-15-2014 01:48 PM)colombiano972 Wrote:  

I've been in Chile for about 3-4 months. Doing a master's program here and translation work on the side.

Chileans are not the best Latin America has to offer, nonetheless they are they still attractive and should pass people's boner tests.

Some good spots to game are Salsotecas like Orixas and Maestra Vida. Generally good ratios and the chicks are pretty attractive. I tend to like Orixas more, because it has a younger crowd.

What's prices like compared to other Latin American countries?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (07-15-2014 05:29 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2014 01:48 PM)colombiano972 Wrote:  

What's prices like compared to other Latin American countries?

Santiago is really expensive compared to most LatAm cities. It's still cheaper than the US, but you could end up paying Austin or Phoenix level prices for stuff. Job market down here is balling though. I actually have remote work here that pays an American wage, so I'm comfortable for the time being.

Quote: (03-16-2014 04:06 PM)Bate Wrote:  

Adding some data to the sheet.

Sala Gente

Went here recently and I was quite impressed. It`s on Avenida Apoquindo near Escuela Militar (metro station) in Las Condes. It`s kind of in the basement of the Omnium building (shopping centre). It`s a spacious club. It usually gets going after 01.00 AM and gets crowded very fast, so hang in there if it`s dead at 00.00 AM. The best thing are the ratios: at least 60% female which is the best i witnessed in Santiago, together with Galpón 9 in Bellavista. Cover is 7.000 pesos (USD 15) for guys. I noticed a few guys rolling solo here and one of them (gringo looking) was actually leaving within 30 minutes after approaching with one of the hottest girls present that night. This makes me want to come back solo to Sala Gente soon (I was with a girl). [Image: banana.gif]

El Tunel

This club is also worth mentioning. It`s located in the centre (Santiago Centro) in Santo Domingo (street). The place get`s very crowded because it is not too big. It is not very spacious and offers a lot of opportunity for isolation. This is a good place for more bold and aggresive dance game, especially later in the night and with a buzz of the alcohol.

Santo Remedio

One of my favorite bars for first dates. Only problem for me is logistics, since i don`t live nearby. Located in Providencia and has a very nice interior and atmosphere. Girls like it a lot. The couches in the back are nice and the food is good. It`s a good spot because it`s different, not very well known and not in a typical night life zone such as Bellavista. If you stay or live in Providencia and going on dates with online chicks and want to go for the first date bang, this place is perfect!

I will try to add as much useful information as posible with the idea of building a goldmine of information for players visiting this lovely city. I think these data sheets could save a lot of time and money if you re new to a city!

Good post!

Do not forget the poshest/dopest place to hang out with the hot cuicas at the moment:

Candelaria Bar in Vitacura. $10.000 CLP (Around U$16) to get in and you need to be on the guest list (Just facebook them before going and you will be OK).

This is the place with the best ladies in Chile. PERIOD. It will be on the expensive side but it iw worth it to check out.

Candelaria is where the liberal rich cuica´s hang out. The ones that will go for a 1NS.

Next door is the best tittie bar in Latin america probably (Platinum) if you feel the night is not doing well, you can always bounce there.

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

I've actually heard a lot of good things about Candeleria. Supposedly it's the new "in-spot" in Santiago. I'm going to check it out some time soon.

So its summer there now right? Would say February be one of the best months to be there? I have to leave Lima around the first of February cause thats when my visa runs out... I'd be willing to hit up Chile for a month or so if this is prime time to be there.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (12-29-2014 06:39 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

So its summer there now right? Would say February be one of the best months to be there? I have to leave Lima around the first of February cause thats when my visa runs out... I'd be willing to hit up Chile for a month or so if this is prime time to be there.

Yeah, it's summer time down here. February is a great month to hit up places like Viña del Mar and Valparaiso. I'm currently in Santiago, but I will probably be heading to those places in the next month or so. PM me if you drop by.

Quote: (12-29-2014 09:37 PM)colombiano972 Wrote:  

Yeah, it's summer time down here. February is a great month to hit up places like Viña del Mar and Valparaiso. I'm currently in Santiago, but I will probably be heading to those places in the next month or so. PM me if you drop by.

Best place to come to Chile is 2nd week of January or 2nd week of February. Specially to the coast side (Viña del mar / Valparaíso).
Santiago will be extremely hot and a bit empty since everybody goes out of town for holidays.

Those 2 weeks is where the hot DTF Mendocinas & Brazilian lizards come to the coast to have fun and get drunk. They get 10 days holidays so they all come in either of those 2 weeks.

I have an apartment in Reñaca which I rent to tourists per day in the summer. 80% are Argentineans, rest are Brazilians and Uruguayans. Argentineans arrive always 2nd week of January.

Go to Santiago for a few days, go to San Cristobal hill, party at Candelaria and then hit the Reñaca beach on the weekend (Starting thursday). I will strongly suggest pre-gaming at SUNSET (sector 5 reñaca) chics will be havings Coronas in bikini tops, dance/house music. Then there is a place called Mancora by The Casino to party on Saturday, Club OH on friday. Place is crowded as shit, full of nice open women looking to get drunk and have fun.

I personally do not go to Valparaíso anymore. Placed got extremely dodgy, feel like every time I open a women I am gonna get stabbed by a jealous mo-fo ex-boyfrind or something. I have been into 2 fights already for the same reason, not worth it for me anymore. + I have shitty logistics there.

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

Creepin. I'm down here in Santiago, Chile now. Only for another day then headed down to Patagonia. Chile is beautiful with an impressive highway system and good infrastructure. I've seen lots of suburban neighborhoods with good looking track homes like we'd see back in the states. Santiago, minus the graffiti, is incredibly well maintained and very clean. To me it has a bit of a New York City or DC vibe to it. It's a whole different world compared to Lima. Very hot though right now, it got up to about 90 degrees today. People here are definitely more European in terms of aesthetics and sense of style. I will say Peruvians are nicer though. But with a higher standard of living comes the higher cost also.

Valparaiso is a Communist infested dump and I almost got robbed leaving the bus station. Vina Del Mar, only 30 minutes from Valpo is worth a trip though. Beautiful spot with lots of girls sporting bikinis and the city is clean and safe. I truly felt felt like I was back in California. Going to Vina del Mar and in particular the Reñaca district is worth a trip if you come down here.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

I was just in Santiago a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I found Chilenas to be really cute and incredibly easy to game. Would like to go back and do it properly one day.

After spending New Years in Valpo, I can def say that Viña kicks the shit out of it in terms of quality of women and life. Place is a dump……

Spectrum, are you currently in Chile? We should try to meet up soon.

Quote: (01-04-2015 09:30 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Creepin. I'm down here in Santiago, Chile now. Only for another day then headed down to Patagonia. Chile is beautiful with an impressive highway system and good infrastructure. I've seen lots of suburban neighborhoods with good looking track homes like we'd see back in the states. Santiago, minus the graffiti, is incredibly well maintained and very clean. To me it has a bit of a New York City or DC vibe to it. It's a whole different world compared to Lima. Very hot though right now, it got up to about 90 degrees today. People here are definitely more European in terms of aesthetics and sense of style. I will say Peruvians are nicer though. But with a higher standard of living comes the higher cost also.

Valparaiso is a Communist infested dump and I almost got robbed leaving the bus station. Vina Del Mar, only 30 minutes from Valpo is worth a trip though. Beautiful spot with lots of girls sporting bikinis and the city is clean and safe. I truly felt felt like I was back in California. Going to Vina del Mar and in particular the Reñaca district is worth a trip if you come down here.

Quote: (01-05-2015 12:50 PM)colombiano972 Wrote:  

After spending New Years in Valpo, I can def say that Viña kicks the shit out of it in terms of quality of women and life. Place is a dump……

Spectrum, are you currently in Chile? We should try to meet up soon.

Quote: (01-04-2015 09:30 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Yeah I'm here in Santiago. Tonight is my last night here before heading further south. Staying in central part close to the palacio. I'll send you a PM.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Delete...wrong thread.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.