rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth calls out Jezebel

He's now brewed up a shitstorm for having the audacity to criticize Jezebel.

On his FB page he said:

https://www.facebook.com/ThurstonMooreOf...9742168076

Quote:Quote:

Jezebel is gender fascism. By not having any real critical facility to understand, in their case, men in relationship to women (presumably them) they opt to promote hate by imperialist blather. By couching it in feminism is a distinct lack of class, but i'm sure they're having a bit of online fun and when they grow up maybe they'll glean the complexities of real life and love.

This was after Jezebel referred to him as a dick.

If nothing else, show your support by "liking" his comment since he's taking a lot of shit in the comments.

Go, Thurston! My man hit it right on the head. I've been saying this for a while.. The problem isn't so much "feminism".. It's the lack of class, destruction of language, attention whoring, and obesity / bad health that are the important issues.

I also like how he added "when they grow up" because that's a personal favorite attack of those flabby bitches.

This is awesome. I love Sonic Youth, but always figured they had the usual lefty musician politics.

I hung out with Thurston Moore in Austin in 2002 for like an hour or so. I still have a signed book of poetry that he gave me called, "Fuck a hippy, be a punk" or something like that. I'm a huge fan of Sonic Youth and he was a really genuinely nice guy. It was at Stubb's BBQ if I remember correctly. I still wear the "Confusion is Sex" shirt I got at that concert all the time.

Awesome to see him call out Jezebel. Sonic Youth fucking rocks.

I liked the comment on facebook. Hell yeah.

I clicked the link and it was unavailable... looks like Facebook had it taken down due to the shitstorm.

Theres no limit to the censoring on facebook

J r this isn't about being left or conservative. Anyone with good intelligence can see how stupid all of that stuff is, regardless of what your political leaning.

Quote: (03-07-2014 02:20 PM)Elixir Wrote:  

I clicked the link and it was unavailable... looks like Facebook had it taken down due to the shitstorm.

FB wouldn't have taken it down. He didn't say anything that would warrant such action. He must've caved in and deleted it himself due to social pressure. Damn shame.

Feminists were going gang busters in the comments talking about his "male privilege" and whatnot.

Ya, I can't access the page either.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Douchebag.* I posted a supportive comment, too.

* If he did indeed delete it himself.

facebook will automatically delete content if it's reported by enough people.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

My post; "I see a lot of manginas in the comments here" lasted about 1 minute I think.

Man do celebreties take it on the chin when they depart from the blue-pill code of acceptable conduct.

Yea amazing this legend whose music was so unique cant even make an independent minded comment online these days

Sure hope he didn't delete it himself.

Been a fan of theirs forever and seen them a bunch. love Washing Machine, still have to listen to it regularly. Most of these liberal guys dont really acknowledge the dark side until it wrecks their earning potential.

it's disappointing that the post was taken down. either way, the fact that thurston spoke out in this way feels significant to me. sonic youth (and thurston by association) has always been considered very female-friendly, and not just because of his ex-wife kim gordon. for him to allude to something like "love is complex" in defense of his infidelity, which is a typical feminine response, in order to combat criticism from a female-oriented publication, is to criticize women for criticizing men in the way that women have traditionally criticized men for criticizing women.

also his comment was dead on. I'm not saying cheating is good behavior, but in general, when a husband cheats, and jezebel frames it into their "men are stupid and horrible" narrative, they absolve the wife from her half of the problem. was kim gordon always faithful? was she a supportive, loving wife? did they naturally grow apart? if we want to move our culture in a positive direction, these questions matter. or ideally jezebel would act like adults and not be involved in the details of other people's marriages.

Quote: (03-08-2014 03:17 PM)plague Wrote:  

it's disappointing that the post was taken down. either way, the fact that thurston spoke out in this way feels significant to me. sonic youth (and thurston by association) has always been considered very female-friendly, and not just because of his ex-wife kim gordon. for him to allude to something like "love is complex" in defense of his infidelity, which is a typical feminine response, in order to combat criticism from a female-oriented publication, is to criticize women for criticizing men in the way that women have traditionally criticized men for criticizing women.

also his comment was dead on. I'm not saying cheating is good behavior, but in general, when a husband cheats, and jezebel frames it into their "men are stupid and horrible" narrative, they absolve the wife from her half of the problem. was kim gordon always faithful? was she a supportive, loving wife? did they naturally grow apart? if we want to move our culture in a positive direction, these questions matter. or ideally jezebel would act like adults and not be involved in the details of other people's marriages.

Yup. I'm not defending him if he cheated, it's always better to let go of one branch before you grab onto another one, but generally when men do step out it's either A) purely physical or B) wifey wasn't doing her job. Women cheat because they get bored.

And if this were the other way around and it was Kim Gordon that had cheated and left him for another dude, the Jezzies would absolutely be taking the "it's a private matter between them and nobody else's business" line.