rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Barbie to meet feminist exact standards

Quote:Quote:

A fashion doll with reasonably standard human body proportions - as opposed to the exaggerated dimensions of a Barbie - is going to be manufactured. Why has it taken so long, asks Denise Winterman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26465106

Really, i wonder why it took them so long.

Finally someone has been brave enough to show what a woman really looks like," says Pat Hartley, body image expert and author of Body Images: Development, deviance and change. "It's taken such a long time for a doll like this to even get close to production because a lot of people have been making a lot of money from projecting the image of the stick-thin woman as the ideal. People in the diet and fashion industry. It's time someone fought back.

Diet industry. Amazing.

Barbie manufacturer Mattel defended the doll's proportions in an interview earlier this year saying they are designed to make play easier, not be realistic.

That cannot possibly be. He most certainly hates women.

WNB...till after 10 pints...

You don't get there till you get there

I'm waiting for a BBW Barbie. Don't think that it's not coming.

I'm sorry but women can't define what men find attractive. Men are very visual and the more exaggerated the feminine features the more we're turned on ...to a point.

Women get turned on by a man's looks, style, money, personality etc. Now I know you want men to like you for things other than your looks but hey that's not how we work. It's cruel and unfair but hey ...take it up with God or something.

Team Nachos

Barbie's figure has regularly come under fire over the years. Critics argue her proportions are unrealistic at best and damaging at worst.

Will never understand how looking at a doll would cause a girl to have traumatic body issues. That's a self esteem problem, not the toy maker's.

Let's bring back the George Reeves version of Superman then too.

[Image: o-SUPERMAN-570.jpg?3]

Quote: (03-06-2014 06:05 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Let's bring back the George Reeves version of Superman then too.

[Image: o-SUPERMAN-570.jpg?3]

He's still making me self conscious. Something like this would be less discriminatory:

WB the burnette one... somehow blonde looks frumpier.

I guess I hold blondes to a higher standard.

These people are literally too hypersensitive to understand a concept as basic as artistic embellishment.

Barbie's figure is EMBELLISHED because she's NOT A REAL HUMAN BEING. Christ, is it that hard to understand?

Stretch Armstrong has embellished flexibility. Mister Potato Head is larger than a real potato. G.I. Joe has exaggerated, rippling muscles because he kills terrorists with his bare hands. And Barbie is an embellished feminine ideal. She is not real. Children realize she is not real, though that fact somehow eludes these crusading feminists.

Goddamn it planet earth, I want off this ride.

Also... stop calling Barbie unrealistic or unachievable. Its been done! Valeria Lukyanova, human barbie doll.[Image: 00008707_medium.jpeg] [Image: valeria-lukyanova_0.jpeg] [Image: o-VALERIA-LUKYANOVA-HUMAN-BARBIE-570.jpg?5]

And yes, in case you haven't seen her... She is real. And she is really, really, really fucking crazy.

Like, believes she was sent from outer space.
She can talk to aliens through light.
Can travel through time and space.
And is becoming breatharian apparently. (Subsisting off of light and air...like a plant, except not like a plant because they don't even do that).

Quote: (03-06-2014 06:28 PM)LaserBear Wrote:  

Also... stop calling Barbie unrealistic or unachievable. Its been done! Valeria Lukyanova, human barbie doll.[Image: 00008707_medium.jpeg] [Image: valeria-lukyanova_0.jpeg] [Image: o-VALERIA-LUKYANOVA-HUMAN-BARBIE-570.jpg?5]

And yes, in case you haven't seen her... She is real. And she is really, really, really fucking crazy.

Would
Smash
So
Hard

A few thoughts:

I was expecting a pear-shaped short-haired bitchy doll when I saw "feminist standards", so those two weren't bad at all!

Sadly they are STILL in better shape than most chicks I see around here, and I live near a big metro uni campus [Image: sad.gif]

There is something that's really depressing about that.

Accessories to be sold alongside new Barbie: cats, franzia box wine, meaningless college degrees, and activia. Probably a mini CPAP at some point too.

Can we say that Barbie has hit the wall?

For all of the feminist talk of "real women have curves", the new barbie has none. I'd hardly call 32:28 having curves. Science has proven that the most attractive ratio is 3:2. The new Barbie is 8:7. I don't play with dolls, so I'm going to stop giving a shit now.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Still to thin to be a feminist. It will shame fatties and you know you can't do that.

Quote: (03-06-2014 06:32 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Would
Smash
So
Hard

Have you heard interviews with her? She talks about being a spiritual teacher and channelling the collect conscious through her barbie body type.

Of course, this crazy only encourages my penis, that mad crazy fool.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (03-06-2014 10:26 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

Quote: (03-06-2014 06:32 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Would
Smash
So
Hard

Have you heard interviews with her? She talks about being a spiritual teacher and channelling the collect conscious through her barbie body type.

Of course, this crazy only encourages my penis, that mad crazy fool.

Negs would work so miraculously well with this girl...damn i'd almost be afraid of ruining her...almost.

I hope this new "Barbie" comes at a much higher price. It will use more material, but also teach the consumer that it will cost more to be fat.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Feminist Barbie?
[Image: _73411048_lammily3.jpg]

lol. more like
[Image: Fat-Barbie-main.jpg]
[Image: fat-barbie.jpg]

Feminist Barbie was a hit in the 5 to 8 y.o. male demographic:

[Image: star_wars_loose_jabba_the_hutt_playset.jpg]

Quote: (03-07-2014 12:09 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Feminist Barbie was a hit in the 5 to 8 y.o. male demographic:

[Image: star_wars_loose_jabba_the_hutt_playset.jpg]

Intergalactic Hustler Game recognized
[Image: Leia_cup.jpg]

Quote: (03-06-2014 05:56 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I'm waiting for a BBW Barbie. Don't think that it's not coming.

The wait is over:

[Image: attachment.jpg17456]   

Can we add the Lindy West and Princess Leia picture to the Bull Dykes with skinny sluts thread?

They should make one with a boy hair cut and "Tattoo" stickers girls can place on the dolls body and it will be a real feminist barbie doll.

Quote: (03-06-2014 05:59 PM)Royale Wrote:  

Barbie's figure has regularly come under fire over the years. Critics argue her proportions are unrealistic at best and damaging at worst.

Will never understand how looking at a doll would cause a girl to have traumatic body issues. That's a self esteem problem, not the toy maker's.

Growing up playing with He-Man and GI Joe toys gave every guy I know an inferiority complex. Some of them were cured by bashing their heads on bricks, eating mushrooms and shooting fireballs though, so I guess childhood wasn't horrible for boys.