rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA...beta is alpha?

LA...beta is alpha?

Some of you LA guys elaborate. I've never seen a town where bantamweight hipsters have the hottest chicks. This is obviously excluding some of the West LA types, but overall, I've noticed this trend is stronger here than elsewhere.

Should everyone just become a size XS and sport some raybans??

LA...beta is alpha?

Any place with a hipster concentration will be like that. Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Wicker Park in Chicago, wherever. If you're hanging out in Silverlake, then yeah, you'll see a lot of 120 lb dudes banging hot-ass American Apparel-looking chicks.

As far as whether hipsters are alpha or beta---I like Roissy's definition of alpha. Attracting women vs. being an all-around tough guy.

You don't have to be a skinny hipster, but it's good to have some kind of angle. Musicians, surfers, MMA fighters, actors, guys in the military---they will all have certain women that will be more attracted to their niche. The hippie vegan yoga chick may not be into your game, but the tattooed metal girl might.

So if you're into the beautiful-but-horribly-dressed hipster chicks, you align your style to what they're into. Or have such tight game that it doesn't matter what your style is.

LA...beta is alpha?

These guys are gonna have a hard time when the hipster fad dies.

LA...beta is alpha?

Here's the thing, it's basically across-the-board in LA with few exceptions. It's not confined to one or two neighborhoods how it is in NYC or Chicago.

LA being a very "alternative" city is probably a reason for this, and the same rules don't apply that would elsewhere. Interesting city.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:15 AM)Screwston Wrote:  

That's the thing about hipsters though... It's a fad built around being into fads. It's not tied to something that has a self life, like disco. Don't expect this breed to die out anytime soon.

LA...beta is alpha?

LA is one of the few cities where an average guy can score 8s and above without really doing anything.

It's a culture thing. If those guys went east i can gaurentee you they wouldn't be doing so well.

LA...beta is alpha?

Were you at the same club as I was last night?

Swear to God, the hottest girl I saw was rolling with a boyfriend who was wearing LEGGINGS. He was also shorter than her in heels by a couple inches, and looked kinda like Joseph Gordon Leavitt, so not super handsome or anything. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't gay. I just wish I could barge in and get the details on their background. Probably a band.

And this place was totally stacked with talent.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:08 AM)RedPillComic Wrote:  

Any place with a hipster concentration will be like that. Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Wicker Park in Chicago, wherever. If you're hanging out in Silverlake, then yeah, you'll see a lot of 120 lb dudes banging hot-ass American Apparel-looking chicks.

As far as whether hipsters are alpha or beta---I like Roissy's definition of alpha. Attracting women vs. being an all-around tough guy.

You don't have to be a skinny hipster, but it's good to have some kind of angle. Musicians, surfers, MMA fighters, actors, guys in the military---they will all have certain women that will be more attracted to their niche. The hippie vegan yoga chick may not be into your game, but the tattooed metal girl might.

So if you're into the beautiful-but-horribly-dressed hipster chicks, you align your style to what they're into. Or have such tight game that it doesn't matter what your style is.

Bingo.

The funny thing is there is still this idea out there that all hipster chicks are ugly. Maybe this was true years ago when hipsterism was much more of a niche subculture, but today there are plenty of what I call "fashionable hipster chicks" that, like you said, try to look like American Apparel models. The hipster niche is definitely an avenue to explore for guys stuck in the USA, especially since hipster chicks tend to be skinnier than the average American woman.

LA...beta is alpha?

^Great point.

If you go to formally hipster joints, the talent isn't amazing, in LA at least. But in high end nightclubs you'll find that some of the hottest girls do have a hipster/American Apparel/ punk-ish style, sort of like Miley Cyrus or Rihanna. I don't care for tattoos or short hair, but there's no doubt that there are girls rocking them that are top tier, if only becausde these girls are 18-21.

LA...beta is alpha?

I think it is a little simpler than that. A lot of the top girls, especially the young ones, smoke weed. If they are with a guy who doesn't look like some super alpha, but rather a hipster, he is probably hooking her up.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 08:23 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

LA is one of the few cities where an average guy can score 8s and above without really doing anything.

[Image: bsflag.gif]

LA...beta is alpha?

It's a culture thing. If those guys went east i can gaurentee you they wouldn't be doing so well.

This is complete bullshit.

I grew up in Southern California. It is 100 times easier to score on the East Coast, South, Midwest anywhere else than it is back home -- with hotter girls. I'm in the Midwest now. I could never score the level of snatch I get here, back in SD or LA (where I went to college).

Hell, I fucked a girl at some Yacht race I was at in Michigan a few years back, because I had a California drivers license. Same thing last summer when I was at a wedding in Connecticut.

LA...beta is alpha?

Average looking, maybe. But average social status? Doubt it. You still have to have way more confidence and game here than most other places in the country. And you also have to have **access** to the top shelf quality. Getting that access is the hard part. Not everyone can do it. That's where the "who you know" comes in.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:50 AM)dads Wrote:  

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:15 AM)Screwston Wrote:  

That's the thing about hipsters though... It's a fad built around being into fads. It's not tied to something that has a self life, like disco. Don't expect this breed to die out anytime soon.

it seems like hipsters have been around since the mid 90's, at least in the music scene, etc, these types have been around forever, before being hipsters they were heavy metal when that was in. Unless metal comes back, or some weird british hybrid, I think the next phase is robots.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:17 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Grass is always greener somewhere.

LA...beta is alpha?

[Image: bsflag.gif] [Image: wtf.jpg]

are you fucking high or what? sure, for me, all of my gfs have been from LA but this is complete bullshit. anywhere in California, you can't score 8s and above without going above and beyond. not even with 6s, can you score easily here.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:39 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

This is complete bullshit.

I grew up in Southern California. It is 100 times easier to score on the East Coast, South, Midwest anywhere else than it is back home -- with hotter girls. I'm in the Midwest now. I could never score the level of snatch I get here, back in SD or LA (where I went to college).

Hell, I fucked a girl at some Yacht race I was at in Michigan a few years back, because I had a California drivers license. Same thing last summer when I was at a wedding in Connecticut.

The west coast seems way over hyped.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-01-2014 05:19 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Quote: (03-01-2014 04:17 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Grass is always greener somewhere.

The whole point of RVF and ROK is that the grass IS greener in various parts of the world. L.A. is not one of those places.

When you make assertions like the one above it draws into question what you consider an "average guy" or an "8 and above".

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

LA...beta is alpha?

Same in London. A lot of the best looking girls from middle class backgrounds aren't really interested in what people typically expect (muscles, sports cars, etc.). It's a different story for chav girls though, but who wants them?

It's still very competitive though, and it's the facially handsome men with a sharp dress sense that are cleaning up (and of course those with status).

LA...beta is alpha?

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's rare that I see a non-celebrity non-white guy with a girl markedly better looking than him. Most of these guys who are on the inside top tier scene are white, and the people who'd like to be in it are considerably more non-white. Hot girls of all races can get admission, but guys, white or not, have a harder time. Sort of like frats in college. It's not racism per se, just natural insularity, female scarcity and male tribalism, but the impact is there.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-02-2014 11:23 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it's rare that I see a non-celebrity non-white guy with a girl markedly better looking than him. Most of these guys who are on the inside top tier scene are white, and the people who'd like to be in it are considerably more non-white. Hot girls of all races can get admission, but guys, white or not, have a harder time. Sort of like frats in college. It's not racism per se, just natural insularity, female scarcity and male tribalism, but the impact is there.

even middle-class white guys from LA have a super hard time getting tail there. one of my close friends is one of them (he decided to jump ship and go to Italy because he couldn't stand the COL of LA and the unnecessary stress of living there).

LA...beta is alpha?

True for black men and maybe Asian men. Not so true for Hispanic men. I've seen plenty of short, ugly thugged-out Mexican guys with chics that look off the cover of Lowrider Magazine. I also get the impression that Mexican women care less about looks unless they are the really white-washed ones.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-02-2014 04:37 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I also get the impression that Mexican women care less about looks unless they are the really white-washed ones.

True. They mostly care how you work (non anglofied ones). the ones who are "white-washed" are like your typical stupid Californian white chick.

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-02-2014 12:25 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

even middle-class white guys from LA have a super hard time getting tail there. one of my close friends is one of them (he decided to jump ship and go to Italy because he couldn't stand the COL of LA and the unnecessary stress of living there).

I think it is all about your frame to be honest. Flashing money can work, but it isn't necessary if you have charisma and confidence and project social value(looks, dress, attitude, social circle etc).

LA...beta is alpha?

Quote: (03-02-2014 11:05 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2014 12:25 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

I think it is all about your frame to be honest. Flashing money can work, but it isn't necessarily necessary if you have charisma and confidence and project social value(looks, dress, attitude, social circle etc).

my buddy doesn't flash cash. he just does through social skills. LA is do or die and he couldn't do it (and the dude is a native of LA).