rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil Gov't Tries To "Improve" Image By Repressing Innocent Sexual Expression

I saw this today and was infuriated by it. More war on beauty, more political correctness, more attempts to androgynize and purge healthy sexuality from our world.

The pathetic dorks at Brazil's Tourism Board complained about some T-shirts being sold by Adidas that "encouraged sexual tourism." The offending T-shirts were innocent images of a girl in a bikini with the logo "Looking To Score" with a soccer ball.

The other T-shirt was a love symbol made from a bikini-clad ass.

Here is the article and the T-shirts:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dir...--sow.html

Basically, Brazil's Tourism Board thinks that any marketing of Brazil's WELL DESERVED reputation for sexuality is somehow equivalent to promoting sexual slavery, "violence" against women, and all the rest of the litany of feminist bullshit.

Proof once again that feminism and political correctness is on the rise in Brazil....

Get your flags before it all comes crashing down. It was nice knowing you, Brazil.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The Tourism Board says it is "vehemently against any linking of Brazil with sex appeal." Here is the article.

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/adidas-s...cup-shirts

Un-fucking-believable.

Quote:Quote:

"This campaign goes against what Brazil defends," Dino said of the Adidas T-shirts. "Our effort is to promote Brazil for its natural and cultural attributes.

So Brazil's cultural attributes (the music, the dance, the dress, outlook, etc, etc) don't include anything remotely related to sensuality, romance, or sex?

[Image: gnwPp9E.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (02-26-2014 01:51 AM)Excelsior Wrote:  

"This campaign goes against what Brazil defends," Dino said of the Adidas T-shirts. "Our effort is to promote Brazil for its natural and cultural attributes.

So Brazil's cultural attributes (the music, the dance, the dress, outlook, etc, etc) don't include anything remotely related to sensuality, romance, or sex?

[Image: gnwPp9E.gif]

I guess not!

According to these troglodytes at the Tourism Board, Brazil is basically one big monastery in the middle of a beautiful rainforest.

Hey, let's deny the indisputable fact that Brazil's entire culture is centered on sex. Let's just deny it, and pretend it's not true.

And if we could just get past the mouth-watering asses, coffee-skinned beauties, and turbocharged female sexuality, we would finally be able to see Brazil for what it really is: an androgynous tropical paradise! Yaayyy!

Ah, humanity.

Athlone, you need to do an article on this....

And if we could just get past the mouth-watering asses, coffee-skinned beauties, and turbocharged female sexuality, we would finally be able to see Brazil for what it really is: an androgynous tropical paradise! Yaayyy!

[Image: laugh2.gif]

[Image: potd.gif]

To make the irony greater, no one here lusts after Brazilian women on the account on them being easy, sluts or prostitutes. It's their feminine character (on top of regular female beauty of course) that makes them so attractive. If anything, it's the opposite of "objectification".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (02-26-2014 01:38 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

The Tourism Board says it is "vehemently against any linking of Brazil with sex appeal."

Would they be more happy if they were linked with Lindsey West lookalikes?

I really don't understand the uproar with "sex tourism". God forbid you have people come visit your country to relax, have fun, spend time among the locals and spend money! So what if your country is known for having beautiful feminine woman, who are also interested in having consentual sex. All these people who are missing out on their own fun have to ruin it for everyone. I wonder if they think to themselves, "well gee, since I'm not having any luck and everywhere I go these strangers having fun, I must ruin it to make it all equal!"

But how enforceable is it really? Its not like you tell the citizens not to hook up with tourists, it will make more of a challenge.

I haven't gotten a chance yet to travel much out of the country, but this was one of the reasons I sought to. I love culture and experience as well as a good view with history. But it won't be the same anymore.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Brazil is also known for stds..

Those shirts are so tame. 'Looking to score'? Come on.
Show the tourist board those tacky 'Big Johnson' t shirts that were popular in the '90s. They'd have a heart attack.

[Image: 198392649_o.jpg]

@Quintus Curtius: I'm not at all surprized with what's going over there. Brazil set a dangerous precedent when they allowed Dilma Rouseff to take command of the country. Given that she was reportedly tortured as a prisoner of war she now has a chip on her shoulder and feels like she has something to prove. Combine that with the fact that women aren't made to lead and that they think with mostly emotions instead of logic you now have a fatal recipe for nationwide disaster. Basically this is a rough draft similar to how the U.S.A. would be with Hilary Clinton as President.

Barry:

I know the shirts are lame. Agreed...I would not be caught dead in one.

But the point is not the shirts. The point is the reason the Tourism Board is giving for wanting them removed. They're making it sound like these shirts are a "gateway" into a world of child prostitution and female oppression.

And that, cara, is bullshit. As you know well.

This shit adds up over time. As we found out here in the States, turning a blind eye to this shit is the wrong strategy. Hoping it will go away is the wrong strategy. You guys down there need to squelch this shit now, before it gets out of hand and takes over the culture.

As a bunda lover, I would wholeheartedly support the World Cup in Brazil by purchasing numerous "I [Image: heart.gif] Brazil" shirts.

Supposedly the heart symbol originated from:

"...stylized depictions of features of the human female body, such as the female's buttocks, pubic mound, or spread vulva."

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Absurd and deplorable, but in some ways this comes as no surprise. For decades successive Brazilian governments have displayed an inferiority complex towards the developed west and have accordingly been eager to sacrifice their country's charms for the sake of appearing 'progressive' and 'up to date'. Perhaps the most egregious pre-feminist example of this is the capital of Brasilia, which is essentially a distillation of all the worst failures of European/American modernist architecture and urban planning (designed by a Stalinist architect no less). Being by all accounts a sterile and soulless city, practically no one in Brazil likes it, not even the bureaucrats forced to live there. It's because the only objective in designing the city was (aside from removing the capital to a remote region so that protests couldn't bother anyone in power) to appear even more 'modern' than the west, regardless of how unbearably stupid that conception of modernity was.

Basically, Brazil's rulers are mesmerized by western fads like a cat is mesmerized by a ball of string...now that "beauty is evil" feminism is in vogue in the US, it was only a matter of time before Brazil's leaders began loudly and clumsily mimicking the trend.

Is this country really going to become another wasteland before I am able to visit in a few years? That is incredibly depressing.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

I'm hoping this is just a move catered to the "western audiences" of the World Cup & nothing more that will add up over time in Brazil.

Based on my contacts in Rio, feminism is indeed growing amongst certain middle/mid-upper class gals (my circle down there unfortunately) though I do not see it increasing as rapidly.

Quote: (02-26-2014 04:11 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Is this country really going to become another wasteland before I am able to visit in a few years? That is incredibly depressing.

No, but if you have an inclination to visit Brazil, do it sooner rather than later. It is changing, especially in the big cities. As times goes on, being able to connect with women in small towns will be more important. All of the women that I saw ball-breaking tendencies in were in big cities and had spent significant time in the states. I will tell you that the women there are still refreshing and intoxicating after mostly dealing with Americans my whole life. But go, don't wait.

Quote: (02-26-2014 04:35 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

I'm hoping this is just a move catered to the "western audiences" of the World Cup & nothing more that will add up over time in Brazil.

Based on my contacts in Rio, feminism is indeed growing amongst certain middle/mid-upper class gals (my circle down there unfortunately) though I do not see it increasing as rapidly.

There will be pretty significant cultural resistance to these influences there, it isn't going to change overnight, but my sense of urgency to get there and be there increases every day.

I'm going against the grain here and say that that "lookin' to score" t-shirt was lame and in bad taste and I don't think the Brazilians were wrong for not liking it, and I don't think it has anything to do with political correctness or repressing sexuality or things of that nature either but simply because no serious country wants to advertise itself as the place for the rest of the world to come and fuck their women.