rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap Flights to Medellin in March

just a heads up but Spirit Air is having a deal in March to Colombia for 49$ each way.

Im gonna go ahead and go for my spring break around march 5 - 13.

Im wanting to stay a night or two in Medellin, one night in Pereria, then spend the rest of my time in Cali.

Not sure if im gonna have enough time to do all this.

Quote: (01-02-2011 08:30 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Im wanting to stay a night or two in Medellin, one night in Pereria, then spend the rest of my time in Cali.

One night in Pereira is not enough unless you already have a girl pre-gamed and ready to fuck you met online. Pereira is the shit, but I would not be to extremely confident that a ONS may come through, especially if you come in on a weekday vs a weekend.

I would have a girl ready to fuck from online game, and just head to hoteltermales.com if that is all the time you have.

Mixx

i might add another day in pereria.

2 medellin
2 pereria
3 cali

this will give me a better feel for which town i like the best for when i return this summer for a month stay.

im gonna have to hit up a local to find out the best possible place to go each night, as it will be the weekdays most of the time.

Quote: (01-02-2011 08:30 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

just a heads up but Spirit Air is having a deal in March to Colombia for 49$ each way.

Im gonna go ahead and go for my spring break around march 5 - 13.

Once you fly into Colombia, how to you plan to bounce from city to city?

bus most likely

Quote: (01-02-2011 09:05 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

2 medellin
2 pereria
3 cali

this will give me a better feel for which town i like the best for when i return this summer for a month stay.

im gonna have to hit up a local to find out the best possible place to go each night, as it will be the weekdays most of the time.

Damn. Those are some seriously aggressive days. 2 days in each city? You will you be tired from travel, wether it be by bus or plane.

Not sure how advanced your spanish is, but remember that nobody speaks English in Pereira, nobody. If your spanish is very basic, your shot at a ONS form a girl you cold approach for the 2 days you are there are extremely slim. Not doubting your skills, just looking at logistics, your lack of familiarity with the city, and language ability.

I strongly recommend you do some online game ahead of time just as a safety net. I'll be in Pereira in 3 weeks and give you an update of places to hit.

Mixx

Quote: (01-02-2011 09:34 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2011 09:05 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

2 medellin
2 pereria
3 cali

Damn. Those are some seriously aggressive days. 2 days in each city? You will you be tired from travel, wether it be by bus or plane.

Not sure how advanced your spanish is, but remember that nobody speaks English in Pereira, nobody. If your spanish is very basic, your shot at a ONS form a girl you cold approach for the 2 days you are there are extremely slim. Not doubting your skills, just looking at logistics, your lack of familiarity with the city, and language ability.

I strongly recommend you do some online game ahead of time just as a safety net. I'll be in Pereira in 3 weeks and give you an update of places to hit.

Mixx

yea it will mainly be a scoping out recon type trip. just to get a feel for colombia and the dif cities.

im prob gonna need to get lucky for a ONS with such little time. My spanish is better than basic but not fully conversational. enough to get small chit chat with some girls.

yea im already hitting up girls online! lol

I just looked on spiritair for March. Looks like some promotional stuff for 99 bucks each way if you join the "9 dollar club"....

Which is $56, which still puts things cheaper than I have seen them anywhere else....

im getting a friend that is in the 9 dollar club to purchase mine for me.

I'm joining the $9 club, it's basically like buying one full priced ticket but then you get the rest of your tickets dirt cheap. I was looking at flights to tampa, they're $1 with the 9 dollar club. I don't know if you'd be able to have someone purchase your tickets from the 9 dollar club for you though because you aren't a member and your name has to be on the ticket.

Quote: (01-05-2011 11:53 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I'm joining the $9 club, it's basically like buying one full priced ticket but then you get the rest of your tickets dirt cheap. I was looking at flights to tampa, they're $1 with the 9 dollar club. I don't know if you'd be able to have someone purchase your tickets from the 9 dollar club for you though because you aren't a member and your name has to be on the ticket.

are you sure? thought i saw someone posted on doing this before.

No I'm not sure. It just seems like they would regulate that. You could be right though. It just seems like if you were getting the members price the ticket would have to be under a members name. If not though, you're probably better off just buying the 9dollar club thing if you plan on flying for more than just that trip.

i was thinking it was like other airline agencies and like hotel bookings where the member purchases the tickets but list the name of the other passenger or companion to be on the ticket or reservation.

if not though i guess ill go ahead and get the membership

Dash Global
I dont intend to rain on your parade but you should look at Spirit Airline reviews before buying your tickets. I was looking for cheaap deals also but after reading several reviews I shuddered and looked elsewhere. Too many horror stories for me. I will pay more in hopes of better connections and ontime service.

Quote: (01-10-2011 07:47 PM)Coconutman Wrote:  

Dash Global
I dont intend to rain on your parade but you should look at Spirit Airline reviews before buying your tickets. I was looking for cheaap deals also but after reading several reviews I shuddered and looked elsewhere. Too many horror stories for me. I will pay more in hopes of better connections and ontime service.

Check the AIRES airlines website for cheap intra-city flights in Colombia. Their fares don't show up on major search engines. You also want to check the EasyFly and Satena websites if you are in some secondary or tertiary cities. I flew from BOG-CLO and CTG-BOG for like 50 bucks for each flight. Also, AIRES flies into EOH which is the city airport in Medellin that only handles smaller aircraft used for domestic flights. The main airport is MDE which is a good ways outside of the city.

Also, Spirit sucks, plain and simple. They even charge for carry-on bags. I flew from FLL-CTG without incident once, but the seat was so damn tiny its almost worth 100 bucks more to fly on AA or Avianca.

Guys. Spirit has the Big Front Seat you can purchase for 50 bucks more. I've flown Spirit 3x without issues, on the Big Front Seat it's not so terrible.

I flew Spirit before. wasnt bad. Arrived on time ect. Even with the bag fee's its WAY cheaper with the promotional deals. cant beat roundtrip to Colombia for 200 bucks!

only thing i dont like about spirit is if u miss ur flight they wont put you on another flight for free. i missed my flight with them and had to pay 500 bucks for a ticket back home from costa rica. i was pissed, but at the end of the day it was my fault for being careless.