rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Balance between not taking yourself too seriously and preserving your dignity

Roosh's latest post got me wondering where this sweet spot might be. For instance, when you're being shit tested (like a girl is mocking you for doing something stupid), where do you draw the line between laughing it off (not taking yourself too seriously) and/or punishing this (preserving your dignity). As much as I respect myself, I sometimes wonder if at moments I take myself too seriously, esp. now when I'm much more tuned into the social dynamics at play in nearly every setting I find myself in. I might have swung the pendulum too far to the 'no tolerating BS' side. It's also more stressful. Thoughts?

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

You have to set things up like an experiment so you can give yourself a certain amount of time or some other control to try something and see if it's working for you.

You should also read up here from guys who have already been down the path you are trying out.. this will help you avoid making mistakes and will save you time.

For example, when I try out different approaches to music, I know that there is a learning curve, so my expectations are calibrated to include the process of learning through trial and error.

I might give myself a month or two to try out a new idea. If it doesn't hold after.. if it doesn't sound cool or whatever, I'll move on to something else.

The point is to take pressure off of yourself by having some kind of outside control.

It's like gambling. You are gambling with your time. You want to make the best bet possible, so do all the research on how to get the best odds, but once you roll the dice, it's out of your hands. Let them roll. If the strategy isn't working, try something different.

This is how you maintain your integrity while taking risks.