rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

As A Non-Religious Person...

Is it crazy to say that we are somewhat losing our moral center in this country, due in large part to the country's declining interest (and vindictiveness) in religion? This isn't to argue about "Is God Real" or anything. I live in Arizona, and the big issue is the passage of a bill that allows religious people to not serve homosexuals, or something along those lines. I tweeted earlier "the only thing that Americans hate more than gay people is christians" and that would've been completely inaccurate maybe even 20 years ago. If a gay person refused to wait on religious zealots wearing storefront shirts or something, would he be anything but lauded?

tl;dr 1. Is our lack of religion tearing away our moral center, and taking us away from the red pill values that were prevalent in society last century?

2. Our country is shifting from hating gay people to hating christians. The message is becoming "If you're gonna hate someone because of who they are, make sure you're hating the right group of people".

Who is us/we/our?

Re: "moral center", what is this period in time that you are referencing to make the comparison?

IMO it's all about power and who gets to use it. I don't really want far lefties or far righties in charge of the system. If you're part of the group in power you get to set the rules. If you're not in the group in power then you get shit on.

So who should set the rules to return "us" to "our" moral center?

Definitely. I've been to church to meet girls and every sunday they reunite to tell each other that stealing is wrong, hurting others is wrong, sharing is good, etc. They shame bad behaviors and reinforce good behaviors, contantly all year long. Now imagine the difference if everyone went to church on sunday.

But unfortunately, churches are trying to attract youth nowadays, so they bend down and take it up their ass from feminists. Churches are becoming infiltrated by equality, gender neutral ideas and other bullshit.

Quote: (02-23-2014 06:36 PM)Daddy Wrote:  

But unfortunately, churches are trying to attract youth nowadays, so they bend down and take it up their ass from feminists. Churches are becoming infiltrated by equality, gender neutral ideas and other bullshit.

Churches are like any other organization run by people. They need membership and money to survive. Due to secular influences (science!) the entire message the church presents is called into question, which results in reduced membership. Faced with dwindling resource$ and member$hip the churches change to ensure their survival which means catering to who is left.

So let me get this straight, a business can deny service to anyone just because they are gay on some religious ground? Now I'm hardly pro-gay, but to me that's bullshit. Now I understand the nobody should be able to force a church to do gay weddings or force some wedding service planner to serve gays if that's not their values. But if someone has a hardware store they can tell a gay person to leave if the owners claim to be religious? That's fucked up. What if their religion says blacks are the cursed sons of Ham thus they don't have to serve black people?

Quote: (02-23-2014 06:35 PM)BLarsen Wrote:  

Who is us/we/our?

Re: "moral center", what is this period in time that you are referencing to make the comparison?

IMO it's all about power and who gets to use it. I don't really want far lefties or far righties in charge of the system. If you're part of the group in power you get to set the rules. If you're not in the group in power then you get shit on.

So who should set the rules to return "us" to "our" moral center?
I guess "moral center" was the wrong buzzword to use... I was thinking more along the line of red pill values, which are generally in line with what religious people tout.

Lack of religion in a country where almost 50% believe in creationism? http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-c...igins.aspx

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (02-23-2014 08:29 PM)void Wrote:  

Lack of religion in a country where almost 50% believe in creationism? http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-c...igins.aspx
Well, considering what I assume that figure was a 100 years ago, yes, I would say a "lack of religion".

No- go do more research.

Society doesn't need religion in order to have a moral center.

If America hates Christians so much, why is it almost impossible to get elected to national office in this country without being overtly Christian?

If it gets signed into law it's gonna get struck down hard and fast. How do you determine if someone's gay by what they do in a restaurant? If two dudes get lunch together and are both wearing skinny jeans, does that make them gay? Unless they declare themselves gay upon entering a business, it's gonna be hard to prove it.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and court cases like Heart of Atlanta Motel vs. The US might come into play setting a legal precedent for slapping these down.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

I went to school with a lot of very religious people when I was young. My family is not religious at all. Their families had various roles working within the church. There was a lot of back stabbing, pettiness and gossiping within their church circles.

I don't know if it is like this at all churches, but this particular one was like that. They didn't appear to be morally superior to other people I knew, they just thought that they were.

How many of you guys go to church?

Fun fact, i go every sunday [Image: angel.gif]

Quote: (02-24-2014 06:59 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

I went with my girlfriend once in the 5th grade.

She said they were going to have free pizza.

It was good.

Which church do you go to?

I learned some of the fundemental tenets of game during my junior and senior years at a traditional catholic all boys school- unfortunately I didn't listen at the time.

It was during a week long retreat in which silence was observed, fasting maintained, and a strict schedule adhered to: the priests spoke to us about women, they told us to be the leaders, to have a firm hand, to work on ourselves first. They told us women are fickle, irrational, and easily lead.

Damn, I should have listened.

Quote: (02-24-2014 07:51 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Which church do you go to?

I'm confirmed Lutheran and baptised as a Catholic but I go to a non denomonational church. It's a quirky church, but has a huge glut of 18-28 year olds. When i first moved to Boston a work friend keep egging me to go. I eventually relented and have been going for almost 2 years.

If there are any posters curious what the name is and want to come let me know (only posters with a high post count). Best part is most of my friends don't know / are surprised when they find out i'm a churchgoer.

Church/temple/mosque/flying spaghetti monster is an important part of the red pill. It's a refreshing experience that takes away the jaded nature of being red Pill. I know there may not be a God but i'll take my happy delusion since it makes me feel better.

Definitely. I've been to church to meet girls and every sunday they reunite to tell each other that stealing is wrong, hurting others is wrong, sharing is good, etc. They shame bad behaviors and reinforce good behaviors, contantly all year long. Now imagine the difference if everyone went to church on sunday.

I don't go to church but its the same with the church of England in the UK. Trying to be all "modern". The only religion that stands firm against this in the UK is Islam.

Quote: (02-23-2014 06:46 PM)BLarsen Wrote:  

Churches are like any other organization run by people. They need membership and money to survive. Due to secular influences (science!) the entire message the church presents is called into question, which results in reduced membership. Faced with dwindling resource$ and member$hip the churches change to ensure their survival which means catering to who is left.

I agree somewhat. I feel like the new 'accomodating' churches are a last gasp at trying to hold onto membership. They are losing people that are quitting anyway and then go for the inclusive model and push out more people to hope that they will get 1-2 more young people. The problem is that the 'old' people are often the ones that pour in the volunteer hours and donations whereas the young people don't have the will, means or free time to keep the church held up.

Southern Baptists know where their bread comes from. They attract members by not accommodating. No one wants to be part of a club that isn't exclusive in some regards.

On the OP I don't know if society is 'lost' I think it does have its own set of moral standards, they are just ones that I disagree with. I would love the moral standards of society today if I was a white woman.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Church has been replaced as the primary moral influence of society's general code of conduct. The Tell-A-Vision and mass media controlled by a few elite, multi-national corporations are now the greatest influence on society. And the mass media corporations want everyone to have dysfunctional families, unhappy romantic outcomes, atomized and disjointed lives so that the pursuit of happiness through materialistic consumerism can be sold as the primary ethos of our Brave New World Order.

We definitely live in a Post-Christian society. As a Gen X'er that just turned 40, I can vividly remember what it was like when most people had Christian values and the Churches were full every Sunday. Seems like in my part of the world, the only churches that are full every sunday, are the religions like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses (the devout fanatics to their faith), while most Protestant and Catholic churches are nearly empty except around holidays like Christmas and Easter.