rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tuthmosis's 6 things for the manosphere to avoid

At the risk of looking like a kiss-ass (not that I care), I'm resurrecting something I read from Tuthmosis's AMA at Reddit a while back that I don't think got enough attention at the time. I often think about it when I read posts here.

Tuthmosis listed six things for the manosphere to avoid, they are spot-on:

Quote:Quote:

1. Association with one single issue (so-called "men's rights") or misclassification (PUAs or MRAs).

That is not an issue here, we are all over everything, but there are the angry child custody or alimony victims out there.

2. Too close association with a single political direction, since the community is largely pan-political. I don't think it benefits us to be labeled as (strictly) "conservative," "libertarian," or even "progressive."

Political talk is fun, but please don't tell me that one form of economic policy or health care system is "red pill." I am against authoritarianism, so calls for violent state suppression of, say, Pussy Riot leave me as cold as Samantha Power making them heroines.

3. Focusing too much on "fighting feminism" (and thereby getting associated as just their mortal enemies and nothing more) instead of stating broader goals and disseminating ideas.

Too many guys get their knickers wrapped up because of some nutball feminist posting on a blog or talking at Marginal State University. Actually, some of the critical theory feminists use is as useful for men as it is for feminists, maybe more useful.

4. Giving autistic, unintelligent, angry dudes a prominent role or platform.

He's not stupid, but remember how angry Mark Minter was? The guy was foaming at the mouth on every comment. Some guys get angry at anything some random female does anywhere in the world

5. Sounding too race-focused.

This is a big one. In my own long experience, I have worked with just about every kind of human there is, sometimes in extreme situations. In the military and elsewhere, I worked with whites, blacks, Jews, Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis, Asians, Hispanics, with some solid friendships and trust with every type. I understand that you might have been mugged by some black teenagers in Adams-Morgan once, who hasn't, even the black guys? That does not mean you have to join Stormfront. Judge people as individuals, that is what a man does.

6. At the same time, sounding too intellectualized or proto-academic. We should strive for a conversational, accessible tone that's manly, but intelligent. That scares the shit out of them.

I like a little intellectualization once in awhile, but no need to write like it was a manosphere version of Social Text.

The main thing is to have fun. Danger and Play - that's a good life theme like a good blog title. Anger and preoccupation with minor stupid shit somewhere in the world is not worth it. We are what we are, women are what they are, the point is to understand it, deal with it and use it to make our lives, and even our women's lives better.

Agreed. I think the forum, and moderators (NO HOMO) have done a good job of keeping things on an even keel. This is a place where we come to stay sane in an insane world. I used to read Roissy every day, but that racial shit started to feel like an ice pick in my brain.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine