rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Choosing to live in a shit UK town in exchange for freedom?

Need some good counsel.

I am 25yo, recently moved to London last year and have been thinking about how I want to live my life.

At the moment I am spending 60% of my salary on rent and transport. My ability to save anything meaningful is non-existent. I live frugally too. My living quarters have great logistics for slaying but are modest - bed creaks, walls are thin, room is small etc.

If I were to relocate to a fairly shit town called Hatfield where my work is based I would immediately save an additional £7k per year (£3k on rail fares and £4k on rent). Over 5 years this would be £35k but with pay rises more like £45k. Extra. This is money (or capital as I see it) that I will not have at 30-31yo if I continue living in London.

I will be able to retire at 50yo through my family trust which I share with my brother but until then I am completely self-reliant.

My dream is to quit my job in 5-6 years, become location independent and start up my own business in my early 30s with an eye to living in Bangkok. I see the next 5 years at work as giving my the skills I will need to buy and sell from manufacturers and suppliers and sell to the West and make contacts with people who are experts in their fields. I want to be my own boss and I know I will pull it off.

The town is 22mins from London so I can still hit it up on weekends, I will cut 1.5hours from my daily commute time to work, and I will have better accommodation. There is also a large university in the town with its own mega club and enough decent poon for me to work with so I won't have to be celebate for 5 years.

So far I have had every person shoot me down on this except my parents but I don't think they appreciate that I am planning to live it up in my 30s. I will also have more cash for holidays in the meantime too so can afford to visit Latin America etc.

The argument is that Hatfield is shit but while this may be the case being poor in a cool area with no ability to save capital is perhaps a foolish and short sighted move.

Thoughts?

Haha a bird I used to have absolute one-itis for when I was about 17 lived close to Hatfield. Used to write poems to her etc. Anyway, it's near St. Albans which is a nice area. It's also close enough to London that it's no big deal. Hell, it practically IS north London. Well, maybe more north OF London. [Image: tongue.gif]

I'd do it if I were you, considering you have longer term goals. Don't listen to your parents, they want you to be 'safe', not necessarily happy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Nah my parents are the ones backing me, the Londoners and surrounding townies were opposing me. They live as expats already so they have proven international hustle .

Don't mind if this thread is deleted and other thread stays as main

22 mins is nothing.

I wouldn't live outside London, my cousin lives in Watford and does the commute which to me seems like a hassle.
What is there to do on a weeknight in Hatfield?
How many foreign girls will you meet in Hatfield?
How long before you get tired of the Hatfield scene?
Sure you can go to London on weekends, but when you leave a bar/club and want to head home, how easy will that be?
Is there any chance you get a higher paying job in London or a better place to live.
When you say 22mins, you mean the overhead train right!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Dupe thread, someone should lock it and redirect to the one with more comments:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33240.html

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

I definitely think you should make the move.

A 22 minute commute for 45k over 5 years? DO IT.