rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Choosing to live in a shit UK town in exchange for freedom?

Need some good counsel.

I am 25yo, recently moved to London last year and have been thinking about how I want to live my life.

At the moment I am spending 60% of my salary on rent and transport. My ability to save anything meaningful is non-existent. I live frugally too. My living quarters have great logistics for slaying but are modest - bed creaks, walls are thin, room is small etc.

If I were to relocate to a fairly shit town called Hatfield where my work is based I would immediately save an additional £7k per year (£3k on rail fares and £4k on rent). Over 5 years this would be £35k but with pay rises more like £45k. Extra. This is money (or capital as I see it) that I will not have at 30-31yo if I continue living in London.

I will be able to retire at 50yo through my family trust which I share with my brother but until then I am completely self-reliant.

My dream is to quit my job in 5-6 years, become location independent and start up my own business in my early 30s with an eye to living in Bangkok. I see the next 5 years at work as giving my the skills I will need to buy and sell from manufacturers and suppliers and sell to the West and make contacts with people who are experts in their fields. I want to be my own boss and I know I will pull it off.

The town is 22mins from London so I can still hit it up on weekends, I will cut 1.5hours from my daily commute time to work, and I will have better accommodation. There is also a large university in the town with its own mega club and enough decent poon for me to work with so I won't have to be celebate for 5 years.

So far I have had every person shoot me down on this except my parents but I don't think they appreciate that I am planning to live it up in my 30s. I will also have more cash for holidays in the meantime too so can afford to visit Latin America etc.

The argument is that Hatfield is shit but while this may be the case being poor in a cool area with no ability to save capital is perhaps a foolish and short sighted move.

Thoughts?

I would do it.

Depending on how recently you moved to London, your network of mates isn't going to be so huge. Its not like you are going to be giving up a whole lot by moving 22 minutes away.
You can always get a new group of mates in that town.
Its the UK, there is always going to be plenty of place to go drinking, and there is always going to be filthy sluts in every corner no matter where you are located.

You would probably enjoy not having to take a 1 hour commute on the tube every time you leave you house.

Also, what makes it a shit town? The fact that some people (who probably haven't even been there) call it a "shit town"?

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

You've answered this yourself.

The main point is that you want to be location independent in the next 5 years... for this you need money.

Move and save it.

Poon will still be plentiful... you can make it work.

Do it.

Why are you even calling this town shit is beyond me. You have all the reasons for moving in there.

Is this some sort of status fashion to be ashamed for not living in giant metropolis? This seems stupid to me. Are you hooked to some consumerist frame that you are a loser if you are living for yourself and not for appearances to other people? Are you like a modern woman who thinks that a diploma, the dubious privilege of being a small screw in a big mega-corporation, hanging out in costly restaurants and a Lois-Wonton handbag are more important for happiness then family, clean air, free time, good health and lots of saved money?

Smart people with means to do so are doing whatever possible to relocate to more rural area's. Less pollution, less stress, less noise, cheaper prices, less polite-correctness, less feminism. The only problem is that not everyone can find income there. If you have means to support yourself there then do it.

Everyone who has shot you down on this is jealous and not your friend.

Yep, I say do it. At 30-31 you will NOT be "old" even in UK, and doubly so in SEA, so don't think you are letting your best years slip by or whatnot. But make sure you stack the cash, and work on starting your location independent biz now rather than leaving it until later. Unless your job is extremely demanding and fast-track, I don't like the sound of "thinking of starting a biz in my early 30s". Get excited about it, do it now, you have a great few years ahead with no pressure to make it big immediately. If you are learning to run a biz, going to the gym, and seeing your account get bigger every month you can still have a blast in the next 5 years.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Could move to a new town, stack cash, and slay pussy, and have a better lifestyle than 75% of the world's third world population...

...Complains about having to move to a place 22 minutes away.

First world problems.

I think we discussed this a few months ago about the high cost of London. I would definitely jump at the chance to save 7k a year by moving to a lower cost city. You are young so the power of compound interest is on your side (Baron de Rothschild referred to compound interest as the 8th wonder of the world). If your goal is to retire by 50, this is a sensible move assuming you properly invest the savings. Money is power and freedom.

The real question is whether you are willing to defer instant gratification to achieve your long-term monetary goals: Check out this compound interest calculator. It assumes you start with $11,350 (7k in GBP) and continually invest the savings and assuming a 5% rate of return for 25 yrs. The end value is $607,000.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

No question, do it man.

It's amazing the difference in perspectives between Roosh V guys and the rest of society

You guys are smart, disciplined and bigger picture orientated in contrast to rest of society

It appears you've posted this thread twice. I gave an answer on the other one!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Completely disagree with everyone else here.

If we take it as a given that you're going to work at this job for the next five years, then moving to Hatfield is a no-brainer.

But why are you locked into that decision? What is so great about this job? Why can't you get a better one?

You seem to be taking it for granted that this job is the best you will ever be able to get. You're in London, dude. You are young. You have access to a ton of entrepreneurship/career advancement data on this board. You are probably smarter and hungrier than 90% of your peers, just by virtue of posting this thread. You probably have your evenings and weekends free, at least I hope you're not working 80/hr weeks, since you're making (by London standards) peanuts.

It sounds to me like you're using your dreams for the distant future as an excuse to avoid taking the steps you need to take today. I.e., going out and finding a job that pays you enough to live a decent lifestyle and save a bit of cash.

You also seem to be taking it for granted that you need to quit your job and move to Bangkok in order to become "location independent." Doesn't work like that. What are you doing in your free time right now? You've already got the time to start learning and implementing the skills. And if you don't have the time, remind me again why you are 100% committed to this job that pays you welfare and runs you into the ground every week? If you want to get into internet marketing, sign up for welfare and do it from London.

If you want to be a medium sized fish in a small pond, than by all means move to Hatfield. You'll save money, the girls will be more easily impressed, and you're a few kms away from a nice Ryanair hub in Stansted. But do you think you'll grow and develop as a man in Hatfield? Or will you just be reaping the harvest of the man you already are? London is a shark tank and a great place to cut your teeth in your late twenties. Hatfield sounds like a nice place to retire.

Bad logistics? Get out of here. Thin walls are bad for your neighbours, not you. Squeaky bed isn't an issue... until it's no longer an issue. Place is too small? I'm 28 and I live in a frat house.

I get where you're coming from, and you're right that life will be easier in Hatfield. If you really, really love this job (why?) than by all means move to Merrie Olde England. The worst thing you could do is keep your job and stay in London.

But why are waiting until 2020 to work on side businesses? Why are you not looking for a job that pays more than London minimum wage? Why are you not meeting up with RVF guys in London and asking them to help you find a real job?

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

I live in the UK now for my studies. I also live around London and it is crazy expensive. I love to study there but the girls are predominantly drunk, the rents are insane and the public transport is shit. I have also the dream to move to Asia one day but when I know one thing then it is that I don't want to stay in the UK forever. You get just too less value for too much money.

How much do you like London and how high is your passion for pussy there? That's up to you.

I'm gonna make the opposite argument. In your 20s you have more energy for night life and long LMR, all night sex etc...

I won't be in clubs at 35 often or probably staying up all night. It will be much easier to focus on business then.

I recently took a big pay cut and moved to a better city with tight logistics, not saving much, before I was maxing my 401k and IRA plus more. Best decision I made after being conservative the years before that.

We are still mortal busses and cancer don't give a fuck.

God can still laugh at your plans.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (02-18-2014 03:50 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Completely disagree with everyone else here.

If we take it as a given that you're going to work at this job for the next five years, then moving to Hatfield is a no-brainer.

But why are you locked into that decision? What is so great about this job? Why can't you get a better one?

You seem to be taking it for granted that this job is the best you will ever be able to get. You're in London, dude. You are young. You have access to a ton of entrepreneurship/career advancement data on this board. You are probably smarter and hungrier than 90% of your peers, just by virtue of posting this thread. You probably have your evenings and weekends free, at least I hope you're not working 80/hr weeks, since you're making (by London standards) peanuts.

It sounds to me like you're using your dreams for the distant future as an excuse to avoid taking the steps you need to take today. I.e., going out and finding a job that pays you enough to live a decent lifestyle and save a bit of cash.

You also seem to be taking it for granted that you need to quit your job and move to Bangkok in order to become "location independent." Doesn't work like that. What are you doing in your free time right now? You've already got the time to start learning and implementing the skills. And if you don't have the time, remind me again why you are 100% committed to this job that pays you welfare and runs you into the ground every week? If you want to get into internet marketing, sign up for welfare and do it from London.

If you want to be a medium sized fish in a small pond, than by all means move to Hatfield. You'll save money, the girls will be more easily impressed, and you're a few kms away from a nice Ryanair hub in Stansted. But do you think you'll grow and develop as a man in Hatfield? Or will you just be reaping the harvest of the man you already are? London is a shark tank and a great place to cut your teeth in your late twenties. Hatfield sounds like a nice place to retire.

Bad logistics? Get out of here. Thin walls are bad for your neighbours, not you. Squeaky bed isn't an issue... until it's no longer an issue. Place is too small? I'm 28 and I live in a frat house.

I get where you're coming from, and you're right that life will be easier in Hatfield. If you really, really love this job (why?) than by all means move to Merrie Olde England. The worst thing you could do is keep your job and stay in London.

But why are waiting until 2020 to work on side businesses? Why are you not looking for a job that pays more than London minimum wage? Why are you not meeting up with RVF guys in London and asking them to help you find a real job?

I also disagree with everyone else. Frost has it right - I'd also add that while 35k can be invested, you can also live like a bum, dress poorly, and eat fast food while saving a bunch of cash, instead of living a decent respectable lifestyle. Anyone in the West can save more money. Getting to the point where it's less about saving money and more about MAKING money is the paradigm toward which you should be geared.

I say live in London and work hard to meet the people in London that you wouldn't in Hatfield - if you do it right, the connections that you make and the opportunities that present themselves by living in London will be more valuable than saving up in Hatfield. I can see why you'd want to save though, so do as you like.

I see a lot of hot women when I visit London. But is that true when you live there? Or is it only in the expensive/touristy places where you are more likely to see this?

I'm just curious because it was the only good thing about London. I couldn't wait to get out of there - it was just too much for me. Although - I admire those with the energy and stamina who are able to put up with the noise, massive amounts of walking and chaos.

I wouldn't live outside London, my cousin lives in Watford and does the commute which to me seems like a hassle.
What is there to do on a weeknight in Hatfield?
How many foreign girls will you meet in Hatfield?
How long before you get tired of the Hatfield scene?
Sure you can go to London on weekends, but when you leave a bar/club and want to head home, how easy will that be?
Is there any chance you get a higher paying job in London or a better place to live.
When you say 22mins, you mean the overhead train right!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com