rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wired releases an infographic guide to online dating

I'm skeptical on a lot of this, but looks like they crunched a bunch of data from the popular dating sites/apps and found some interesting correlations on what people find attractive. I can't seem to find whether it was opinion (aka females lying) based or it was based on attractiveness ratings.

http://www.wired.com/design/2014/02/how-...g-profile/

Some things struck me:

* Surfing is the most "attractive" sport listed in a guy's profile
* Radiohead is the most "attractive" band to like (don't really get this one)
* Women mentioning "my cats" is a huge hit to their attractiveness [Image: catlady.gif]
* Retirement is an attractive word to use for men, the opposite for women (because we know they aren't retiring on their own dime)
* Most attractive features on men: stomach, arms, chest, legs
* Women care about a guy's income, guys don't really seem to care (no shit)
* Use the sites on Sunday/Monday, late afternoon

Anyway, interesting stuff.

Quote: (02-13-2014 09:17 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

I'm skeptical on a lot of this, but looks like they crunched a bunch of data from the popular dating sites/apps and found some interesting correlations on what people find attractive. I can't seem to find whether it was opinion (aka females lying) based or it was based on attractiveness ratings.

Some things struck me:

* Women mentioning "my cats" is a huge hit to their attractiveness [Image: catlady.gif]
* Retirement is an attractive word to use for men, the opposite for women (because we know they aren't retiring on their own dime)

The only interesting thing was confirmation for using it on sunday/monday (something that RVFers have preached ad-naueseum in the OKC thread).

The rest is b.s. though, you're right to be skeptical. The OKC thread & the GLL guide has all you need to know. Insights tested by players looking for quality, not based on broad analysis which includes statistics on old harpies and fat whales which none of us would look to pull of online dating. Case in point, which hot, young chick is going to mention her cats, and even if she did who could care less? It is a huge hit to attractiveness because it is ugly, old lizards writing this stuff, which of course the statistical analysis doesn't show.

Quote: (02-13-2014 09:17 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

Some things struck me:

"Women mentioning "my cats" is a huge hit to their attractiveness"

Correlaltion is not cause. They are cat-spinsters because they are unattractive, the cats didn't make them unattractive. They managed that little trick on their own.