rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to not give a fuck/be bothered

How do I not be bothered when i see a girl I want going for another guy? Sorry for the novice question, but it needs to be answered. I'm too naturally competititve to deal with this i think.

Move on. Want them all. There is no cure. You will still want her. The idea is to have options and that only comes from approaching and getting new prospects ALL THE TIME. Stay thirsty my friend.

Well you should try to hit on her regardless. If nothing good comes out of it, NEEEXT! By hitting on many women, you start to notice that they aren't so different from eachother, which eventually kills the special feeling you get from this 'special' girl. You start to understand that the feeling is a construct of your own mind and you can build or destroy it as you please. This sort of thinking worked for me..

Yeah, this whole special snowflake thing is a non-starter, and so is allowing your ego to get in the way of your game. Best thing you can do in that situation is let her see someone more attractive than her having a great time with you.

I know this isn't going to help, but still:

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

We all care. We all give a fuck. That's why we're here, to improve.
Only way to reach the point where you no longer give fuck is to reach that point.

Try and try and try. By trial and error, sooner or later you'll be fucking hoes and then, you'll care less if a girl says/does something or not.

So, by being bothered, you are setting the foundation of IDGAF attitude. You MUST care BUT not for hoes. Rather on improving yourself.
Soon you'll yourself see that you are too good for these girls and then, you won't care.

And, bitches ain't shit. I'm the shit.

Relevant:

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Accept that you cannot entirely control your emotions, nor can not control other people, you are however master of your own actions. Act like you don't give a shit, when you don't feel like hitting on a girl ask yourself how you'd behave if you did. Remain productive and systemic regardless, you should hit on every girl that you want. If you aren't getting rejected, hell if you never fail or overcome adversity you are no where near your potential.

Competitiveness is a mark of being a man.

When you're bothered by this, it's because you want something that is being given to someone else, and there is no easy way to get it.

1. Put your game face on and go after the girl, without letting it show that you're competing or that you are jealous of the other guy. Jealousy is an emotion for the people who depend on the world to give them what they desire. Instead, have faith in your ability to go get what you want.

2. Go back to the drawing board and improve yourself. Clothes, lifestyle, job, fitness, hair, anything you can see as a way to up your attractiveness and value as a person. Not because you want the girl, but because you want to have the power to get what you want, and to genuinely attract the women that you find attractive.

Quote: (02-09-2014 01:16 AM)Beowulf Wrote:  

How do I not be bothered when i see a girl I want going for another guy? Sorry for the novice question, but it needs to be answered. I'm too naturally competititve to deal with this i think.

If you know she likes you, you gauge this through discussion, eye contact, ...don't run after them, ever!!...look at you phone, talk to your wingman , order some drinks, ..if you run after them ..they will just think your like all the rest. Best thing to do is start chatting to another woman, any woman. Woman will start chatting to other guys to get a reaction from you ..remain kool and don't give a fuck .

Quote: (02-09-2014 03:25 PM)Odin Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2014 01:16 AM)Beowulf Wrote:  

If you know she likes you, you gauge this through discussion, eye contact, ...don't run after them, ever!!...look at you phone, talk to your wingman , order some drinks, ..if you run after them ..they will just think your like all the rest. Best thing to do is start chatting to another woman, any woman. Woman will start chatting to other guys to get a reaction from you ..remain kool and don't give a fuck .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1RChZk1EU

Quote: (02-09-2014 01:28 AM)jhicks56 Wrote:  

Move on. Want them all. There is no cure. You will still want her. The idea is to have options and that only comes from approaching and getting new prospects ALL THE TIME. Stay thirsty my friend.

+1. You have one-itis sir.

I don't know if I can call it oneitis. I just want to bang her really bad and be on my way. She's not the type I'd want to keep around for a long time. Thanks for the responses so far guys. Guess the only way to go is to start spamming the approaches.

I was actually just about to start a thread about not giving a fuck, when I saw this thread!
There's no doubt the 'not giving a fuck' mindset is key to getting over a girl.
It's only now, after a few years that I'm starting to develop it, especially in relation to one girl.
If that means, you and that girl lose contact and drift away from each other totally, then so be it.
The moment you start really caring for a woman, is the moment you become vulnerable.
That's ok if you have control of your emotions, but if not, then you, my friend, are royally fucked.
You start to care for or love a woman on your terms, and on your terms only, there is no other way, accept nothing less

Quote: (02-09-2014 02:17 PM)polymath Wrote:  

Competitiveness is a mark of being a man.

[...]

2. Go back to the drawing board and improve yourself. Clothes, lifestyle, job, fitness, hair, anything you can see as a way to up your attractiveness and value as a person. Not because you want the girl, but because you want to have the power to get what you want, and to genuinely attract the women that you find attractive.

To the OP: You're low value in her eyes at least. Work on making yourself more valuable in the eyes of the opposite sex. That means, bankroll, job, clothes, body, etc.

I know the feeling all to well. It still stings and burns me to this day. I use that anger when I'm at the gym to keep myself going. I wish I could use that anger to further my studying. Doesn't work like that [Image: dodgy.gif]