rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sochi Olympics already a disaster

A lot of bad PR coming out today from Sochi. Looks like the Russians didn't prepare enough for the Olympics. A lot of the hotels are unfinished right. This doesn't bode well at all for the Russian World Cup in a few years.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sochi-hot...z2sSy67unp

This is a pic of tap water. But it looks more like apple juice than water.

[Image: BfmfjoTCMAAMPy0.jpg]

My theory is a lot of liberal writers are using this as a hit piece due to Russia's anti-gay laws. To me, it seems blown out of proportion to anyone who has really travelled the world. There are several sites, several writers, etc., who seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean, in Japan, did you have writers commenting on the squat toilets or that you'd have to bring your own toilet paper in many of the public facilities?

In Europe, double and triple rooms are pretty standard. I wouldn't expect some remote town in Russia to have all the amenities that Aspen or Whistler would.

We'll just wait and see how they turn out.

These games, and anything involving Russia are very politically charged at the moment.

The Olympics are more about the hotels, bars and hookers fleecing the tourists more than they're about world peace. It's a traveling circus.

I do enjoy watching female gymnastics though. Some of the things they do are amazing.

Team Nachos

I was tweeting about this American propaganda earlier. I see it's working.

It's possible the Olympics can be a disaster, but not because a reporter's water pipe had to be repaired (a morbidly obese one at that).

Also don't discount the Russians purposefully putting Americans in shoddy lodgings. They don't care about PR.

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:37 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

My theory is a lot of liberal writers are using this as a hit piece due to Russia's anti-gay laws. To me, it seems blown out of proportion to anyone who has really travelled the world. There are several sites, several writers, etc., who seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean, in Japan, did you have writers commenting on the squat toilets or that you'd have to bring your own toilet paper in many of the public facilities?

In Europe, double and triple rooms are pretty standard. I wouldn't expect some remote town in Russia to have all the amenities that Aspen or Whistler would.

Except that this remote Russian town just experienced $51 billion in investment specifically for the purpose of hosing the Olympics. I could be wrong, but this seems very obviously a case of massive theft and corruption. Of course, all international sporting events involve theft and corruption, but generally they are better at hiding.

I don't know how good your memories all are, but this story comes out every Olympics. The ceiling didn't open at the Sydney stadium. The waterfall stopped working at the opening ceremony at whatever. There was too much smog at the Beijing Olympics. The list goes on and on.

I'm all for conspiracy theory, but this is an old story repackaged with Russians.

C'mon, guys, don't fall for this trick.

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I just hope that all these people decide to boycott the Olympics so I don't have to hear them talking about these stupid events all day.

I doubt it though. We'll have the usual political cheerleaders on Facebook talking about the injustices about dogs, homosexuals and toilets. After they've exhausted all the "likes" they can extract from that, then all they'll be talking and posting about next week and the week after is about some obscure events in which they have no clue what's going on and about american pride and some sob stories about the winners.

The reports I've heard said the facilities for athletes are great--it's the facilities for the journalists that suck...

The media seems to want these Olympics to be terrible. I guess if you don't kowtow to the gay agenda you must suffer the consequences.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:31 PM)J.J. Wrote:  

[Image: BfmfjoTCMAAMPy0.jpg]

This looks like a bad case of copper contamination from used pipes. From what I hear a lot of North american apartments have this problem. I used to live in an apartment in Canada that had the same problem although not as bad. I just had to run the water a few seconds before it would become clear and it would be fine. It might look really dangerous but it's not for most people.

As for the smear campaign it does work, I know because whenever I talk about the subject with girls they bring up that damn gay issue. They don't care about Russian poverty, corruption and the suffering of the people, but gay athletes are so important.

They fixed my water last week. It was off for a while and when I turned it on it had a brown coloration like the photo above. I let it run for 2 minutes and it was clear again.

More Western scare propaganda, particularly amusing in light of recent Snowden revelations:

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I don't think there's 23 things I care about less than the Winter Olympics.

Wait a moment. Do you guys really think that there hasn't been a significant amount of money funneled out of these games through overcharging for goods and services, kickbacks to government officials, and outright theft?

The world of sports is already filled with corruption. Barcelona just got gigged for its acquisition of Neymar. Qatar bribed its way to the 2022 World Cup. So, you assume that there is a baseline level of graft going on in any Olympic games. Do people really think that Sochi isn't experiencing significantly more corruption than the baseline?

I just want to see some epic bobsled and skiing crashes.

who cares how much got grafted, so long as the actual event goes well? It's not like we're the ones paying for it.

Yes yes yes. This shit is being blown wayyy out of proportion. Like Tuth said, this happens every Olympics, plus Russia is not as well off as the U.S. or Western European nations so things like brown water shouldn't come as a surprise.

The media is simply using this as a tool to hate on Russia. The left hates Russia because of it's "Oppressive, authoritarian regime" who burn gays at the stake and send all political dissidents to Gulags in Siberia. The Right hates Russia because of it's growing geopolitical power as seen in the Syria showdown, and on top of that there's still a lot of resentment from the Cold War Days. Plus, no American politician's are pleased with Edward Snowden's asylum.

Brazil has the World Cup coming up this summer and they've got a long way to go:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_...story.html

No one will be giving Brazil a hard time though, because there's no hatred of Brazil in the media.

Qatar will be hosting the World Cup in 2022 and I'm anxiously awaiting how much criticism they will receive from the media as a strategic U.S. ally.

I personally could care less about the Winter Olympics; most of the sports don't interest me and I don't think I'm alone. People are just using the Olympics as a medium for putting forth their political agenda which I guess is nothing new...

The vast majority of reporters nowadays are weak, spoilt, upper middle class/high class SWPL libtards who are in journalism simply for the lifestyle. Why I would I listen to 'news' written by people I have no respect for?

Also, they want to tarnish Russia no matter what. If the rooms were tip top shape they'd bitch about something else, like that there wasn't a bidet in their wash room, or that the luncheon only had a vegetarian spread available instead of a vegan one. Russia's intelligence services must be having a laugh riot, listening through their bugs at all the western reporters bitching about their room quality.

Quote:Quote:

I don't know how good your memories all are, but this story comes out every Olympics. The ceiling didn't open at the Sydney stadium. The waterfall stopped working at the opening ceremony at whatever. There was too much smog at the Beijing Olympics. The list goes on and on.

I'm all for conspiracy theory, but this is an old story repackaged with Russians.

C'mon, guys, don't fall for this trick.

You're right. Thanks for the reminder, I was about to fall for it, and I hadn't thought of that.

Quote: (02-05-2014 09:55 PM)dads Wrote:  

I don't think there's 23 things I care about less than the Winter Olympics.

Awe, c'mon... Besides, they gotta give white people a chance at winning some medals, sometime.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-05-2014 09:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

They fixed my water last week. It was off for a while and when I turned it on it had a brown coloration like the photo above. I let it run for 2 minutes and it was clear again.

The water from my apartment looks like that everytime I leave town for a couple of weeks. Let it run for a minute and its good.

How often do you guess the hotel room from a russian village is used. Mangina reporters look for things to complain about, its their job. Do you think a war correspondent from Reuters in Syria or Gaza would complain about dirty tap water?

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:37 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

My theory is a lot of liberal writers are using this as a hit piece due to Russia's anti-gay laws.

Or it could be just the "slow news day" syndrome. The reporters have arrived already, but the games haven't started yet. They don't have much material to write about.

It will be interesting to see if this changes once the games actually commence and they have real news to report.

I wonder how much gets spent on PR and damage control. Or was that budget embezzled, too?

The best part of the Beijing Olympics were the opening ceremonies, where the Chinese edited fake fireworks into the broadcast and had a little girl lip-sync a patriotic song because the actual singer wasn't cute enough.

I don't care if the participants are gay and maybe it is fucked up that Russia won't let their best athletes participate just because they are gay.

That does not mean it's ok for people to blow shit out of proportion or make up stories that might get some people thrown in jail.

Quote: (02-05-2014 10:18 PM)j r Wrote:  

The world of sports is already filled with corruption.

The world of sports EXISTS for the two purposes only:

1.Propaganda and advetizing.
2.A way to legally move around shady money.

If it were not for these purposes humans would train for health, fun and ability to self-defend, but there would be proffessional sport.