rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Do you have any thing else that interests you outside of your job?"

I've been noticing lately a trend of women spouting to me endlessly about their jobs/career.

Whether it's during day game or amongst my own friends, i swear the only topic these chicks talk about is their job. Anything outside of that is either unknown, boring, or irrelevant.

Day gaming not too long ago, I start talking to a girl on the subway. Almost forty five seconds in all I hear is about gossip, drama, and other work junk.

I like my job just like any other. The company I work for is great, but the last thing I want to talk about outside of work is work. Why bring that sh!t home?

Needless to say, I dropped the line, "Do you have any thing else that interests you outside of your job?"

Silence ensued for at least four five seconds.

"Well, i'm a big fan of the Bachelor!"

[Image: tard.gif]

I started showing disinterest and the conversation died. She was pretty hot, but ugh. Shit is boring. I don't care or want to hear about just your job. It's like having macaroni and cheese with just a ton of macaroni and a little tiny bit of cheese.

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. When you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of people we're trying to save, but until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand that most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it. Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

Also your sample is skewed. You're not trying to fuck boring dudes

Quote: (02-04-2014 01:39 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Needless to say, I dropped the line, "Do you have any thing else that interests you outside of your job?"

Hahaha!!! Just when you thought she couldn't turn you off anymore she starts talking about reality tv. I'm with you on this one frenchie. Girls talking about how "fantastic" their jobs are bore me to no end. I really don't care about how they supposedly find fulfillment in a cubicle. When you throw in the ridiculous levels of credit card debt most girls have accrued financing their lifestyle it really becomes a joke.

You know what interests me about a woman?

How hard she makes my dick.

How feminine she is.

How happy/upbeat/fun she is to be around.

If she laughs a lot and has a great smile.

If she takes care of her body.

If she's pleasant and agreeable.

Not whether she read the latest article in the wall street journal or if she knows how to discuss diverse in-depth topics.

If she has some decent fiscal responsibility, a modicum of intelligence, and the ability to hold a half interesting conversation, that's just a big bonus, it's hard enough to get the basics.

If you're looking for great conversation, a wide spectrum of life experience, and poignant debate, you should be looking for it in friends, not chicks you're trying to date.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I like my job just like any other. The company I work for is great, but the last thing I want to talk about outside of work is work. Why bring that sh!t home?

Actually, it sounds more like you don't like your job all that much.

Quote: (02-04-2014 08:40 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

If you're looking for great conversation, a wide spectrum of life experience, and poignant debate, you should be looking for it in friends, not chicks you're trying to date.

This is a good point, but I do agree more with OP -- I often ask a girl "What do you do for fun outside of work?" and she looks at me as if I have three heads.

It's not that I'm looking for exhaustive knowledge of current events or the thrust-and-parry of intellectual debate. But for anything more than a quick bang, there's something elementally attractive about a girl who is passionate about an interest.

If she's "meh" about her paper-pushing job, "meh" about her time outside of work, and consumes the mindless media of our culture, how can you expect her to be passionate enough to want to make you happy as a girlfriend/partner/plate?

[/quote]

This is a good point, but I do agree more with OP -- I often ask a girl "What do you do for fun outside of work?" and she looks at me as if I have three heads.

It's not that I'm looking for exhaustive knowledge of current events or the thrust-and-parry of intellectual debate. But for anything more than a quick bang, there's something elementally attractive about a girl who is passionate about an interest.

If she's "meh" about her paper-pushing job, "meh" about her time outside of work, and consumes the mindless media of our culture, how can you expect her to be passionate enough to want to make you happy as a girlfriend/partner/plate?
[/quote]

Ahh, the Passionista.. a rare breed indeed.

Quote: (02-07-2014 12:23 AM)space_monkey Wrote:  

Looking at your posts and suggestions, i sense

[Image: troll.gif]

"Careerzillas Are Bad for Women"

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/02/05/...epage=true

Quote:Quote:

You know that article that’s been going around, about how we should stop throwing bridal showers and baby showers, and throw more parties to celebrate women when they get promotions, travel somewhere cool, or pass an educational milestone?
[...]
The argument is, roughly, that women have been feted for centuries for getting married and having babies, but if we want to encourage female achievement, we should throw women Promotion Showers and New Job Parties instead.
[...]
why are we talking about parties as if they’re the single most important way to validate one’s life decisions? [...] more and more, all we hear about is Bridezillas who turn such occasions into a nonstop orgy of attention-seeking. How would throwing a similarly narcissistic party for a career achievement make it all better?

Will creating a new generation of Careerzillas to replace Bridezillas really help women?

Quote: (02-07-2014 10:51 AM)Sombro Wrote:  

"Careerzillas Are Bad for Women"

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/02/05/...epage=true

Quote:Quote:

You know that article that’s been going around, about how we should stop throwing bridal showers and baby showers, and throw more parties to celebrate women when they get promotions, travel somewhere cool, or pass an educational milestone?
[...]
The argument is, roughly, that women have been feted for centuries for getting married and having babies, but if we want to encourage female achievement, we should throw women Promotion Showers and New Job Parties instead.
[...]
why are we talking about parties as if they’re the single most important way to validate one’s life decisions? [...] more and more, all we hear about is Bridezillas who turn such occasions into a nonstop orgy of attention-seeking. How would throwing a similarly narcissistic party for a career achievement make it all better?

Will creating a new generation of Careerzillas to replace Bridezillas really help women?

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

I've been noticing lately a trend of women spouting to me endlessly about their jobs/career.

Whether it's during day game or amongst my own friends, i swear the only topic these chicks talk about is their job. Anything outside of that is either unknown, boring, or irrelevant.

Day gaming not too long ago, I start talking to a girl on the subway. Almost forty five seconds in all I hear is about gossip, drama, and other work junk.

You got her with a question she couldn't answer. You should have continued gaming with a strong close.

Her: "Well, i'm a big fan of the Bachelor!"

You: "Well I see you could use some life-broading experiences. I'll go tell you about some of them at this cool lounge, let's go."

Something like that, you know? Once you hit the part where you're unsure of what to do next, just go for the close. Worst-case scenario, of her rejecting you, is no different than had you just dismissed her as a boring bitch.

Best case scenario is getting another bang.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

After working with so many women, including some who were my manager, I've concluded they don't look at work the way we do.

For us, our work has meaning, a purpose. We don't care about our co-workers personalities and lives too much so long as they have their shit together and do their job well enough so it doesn't impact us.

Women on the other hand are all about relationships, emotions and drama, so they see the Office as one big Soap Opera. It doesn't matter so much how good you are at your work, it's more important you listen to her feelings and life experiences and share yours with her, and of course ignore that bitch Betty in Reception because she's always dating the managers.

I've learned the hard way that you can be a Super Star at your work, but if you aren't willing to be a sounding board for your female boss's emotions, then you are on your way out the door.

Samseau has excellent advice as usual. Don't let her lack of quality (unless it implies having a venereal disease) distract you from trying to close. Your question is a fine qualifier, but it shouldn't act as a brake for your attempt to bang her.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I think too many postings are about the smallest minor thing that bothers you about a chick. Part of "game" is sometimes playing along with the game in order to get the bang. Once you get the bang, you will control more of what to filter. No need getting all uptight because she mentions work, school, career or plays with an app on her phone.

Go after college girls. I wonder if Gio ever has this problem? [Image: jordan.gif]

the statement of Screwston is really true. I have a lot of fun now in my university with all the college girls whose only problem is to wake up before 10 in the morning and who have enough energy to have a few hobbies and go to get in shape. Back in Germany when I worked I dated also a lot of girls who had normal 9 to 5 jobs and every conversation included some work gossip about some colleague and some irrelevant bullshit this colleague did that was apparently so funny. IIt is really scary but as soon as those girls have 9 to 5 jobs they get so boring and don't have any interest than focusing on their career, because the society tells them to fit as many manager positions as possible.

Quote: (02-08-2014 12:34 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

You got her with a question she couldn't answer. You should have continued gaming with a strong close.

Her: "Well, i'm a big fan of the Bachelor!"

You: "Well I see you could use some life-broading experiences. I'll go tell you about some of them at this cool lounge, let's go."

Something like that, you know? Once you hit the part where you're unsure of what to do next, just go for the close. Worst-case scenario, of her rejecting you, is no different than had you just dismissed her as a boring bitch.

Best case scenario is getting another bang.

Agreed, that is the proper game route. I should just value the notch more than anything else. This winter has been a long one, I'm looking forward to the summer.

Quote: (02-08-2014 03:54 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

I think too many postings are about the smallest minor thing that bothers you about a chick. Part of "game" is sometimes playing along with the game in order to get the bang. Once you get the bang, you will control more of what to filter. No need getting all uptight because she mentions work, school, career or plays with an app on her phone.

Also another gold post. It's just me venting a frustration. It's probably time to do some traveling.

This is actually a great qualifying question if you frame it the right way. I like to phrase it something like "you seem really passionate about your job, what else are you passionate about?"

Yeah, I always dread the point of the conversation that involves work. Always the boring point in the conversation that requires a quick subject change:

Me: "So what do you do in Bangkok?"

Her: "I work in in the personnel department for the implementation of procurement information system management and implementable quantitative controlled easing. You?"

Me: "I teach English for cash"

Yeah I know what you mean. I meet chicks constantly who brag about how busy they are with their career. Like, is that supposed to make my dick hard, that you'd only have time to hang out with me once every two weeks?

She goes into the 'bang when convenient' bin.

Quote: (02-07-2014 12:23 AM)space_monkey Wrote:  

I see a short future for you here at the RVF.

For many women, work becomes a replacement for whatever else is missing from their lives. Used-up bitches especially. Their lives become about work, their kids, and pets. They'll do their best to convince you that their love of their job, and the love from their kids is all they need, and that they don't care if they get dick or not. Sure.

I actually had a great chat with a Brazilian honey on Tagged the other day. I noticed from her profile that she spent time in Amsterdam, and that she spoke Nederlands, Portuguese, Spanish and English. I asked her how long she lived in Amsterdam, and she said for 4 or 5 years, for work. I asked what she did there, and her reply was "nothing glamorous." I replied that MOST of us don't have glamorous jobs, and that I see work as a way to make money to do things I DO enjoy, which she agreed with. I didn't press her on what her work was, because I didn't care THAT much, and I appreciated that she didn't drone on about work. We talked about languages, the places I wanted to visit in Brazil (she's in Fortaleza, but actually would rather live in Europe, or anywhere other than Brazil). Other guys have mentioned here that the "what do you do" question is more prevalent with American women early in interactions.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

This is my first post, so I don't want to come off like a troll but wanted to jump in real quick about the Brazilian mentioned by Timoteo. The Brazilian chica I was with told me that it is well understood that many Brazilian women go to Amsterdam to work in the red light district or other areas of sex work. She said if I ever met a Brazilian that said she "lived in Amsterdam for a few years" to know that there is a 99% chance it was for sex work.

Quote: (02-14-2014 04:42 PM)anonymous123 Wrote:  

This is my first post, so I don't want to come off like a troll but wanted to jump in real quick about the Brazilian mentioned by Timoteo. The Brazilian chica I was with told me that it is well understood that many Brazilian women go to Amsterdam to work in the red light district or other areas of sex work. She said if I ever met a Brazilian that said she "lived in Amsterdam for a few years" to know that there is a 99% chance it was for sex work.

Im Brazilian and when I read his post that was the first thing that came to my mind [Image: sleepy.gif]

Quote: (02-15-2014 05:42 AM)Mind Trip Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2014 04:42 PM)anonymous123 Wrote:  

Im Brazilian and when I read his post that was the first thing that came to my mind [Image: sleepy.gif]

I have banged Amsterdam hookers and when I read his post that was the first thing that came to my mind [Image: banana.gif]