rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hostel recommandations for Krakow

Hey everybody,

I´ll be going to Krakow soon and was wondering if any of you guys could recommend me a good hostel there. Somebody mentioned the "Giraffe" and the "Goodbye Lenin" hostels in an older thread, but i read some online reviews that said it is very very noisy and its hard to get some sleep there. Also infected by British stag parties sometimes. A party hostel like that is ok for 1 or 2 days but i´ll be staying for appr. 10 days and thats just too much.
can somebody recommend a quieter hostel?I mean partying is okay , but not for the whole night if you know what i mean.
Would be very thankful.

Check around to see if you can get a private room. If you are traveling with yourself or maybe 1-2 more people you can get a room with like 3-4 beds as opposed to a dorm style 18-20 beds. Most hostels still offer private rooms, for a little more cost, but its normally still cheaper than a hotel.

Hosteling is not my thing anymore, I mean sleeping in a room full of drunk British dudes and dreadlock wearing smelly ass hippies was never cool, but certainly not now that I can afford a hotel.

Check around for some bed and breakfast type deals or smaller hotels in the city.

Yeah, i just searched for appartments and they are actually quite cheap. better logistics for a bang too, of course.

Quote: (12-21-2010 09:46 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

I´ll be going to Krakow soon and was wondering if any of you guys could recommend me a good hostel there.

If you're going for a bang, better get a private apartment. A lot of young Eastern European girls still live with their parents, sometime even they share a room, so even if she likes you, bringing you to her place is not an option. However there is also a stigma in Eastern Europe regarding hotels - it is "slutty" behavior for a girl to go to your hotel room. A private apartment is much easier to bring the girl in.

Any recommendations for private apartment websites in Krakow, PL and personal experiences with using them?

Quote: (12-22-2010 01:08 PM)Sirob Wrote:  

Any recommendations for private apartment websites in Krakow, PL and personal experiences with using them?

http://discovercracow.com/

I used these guys 3 years ago and everything was fine. Swish place in Kazimierz, went off season so the price was real sweet (might have been less than £40 a night for a 2 bed apartment, I can't remember exactly)

OP tell us how you get on!

Quote: (12-22-2010 01:46 PM)Super Etoile Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2010 01:08 PM)Sirob Wrote:  

http://discovercracow.com/

I used these guys 3 years ago and everything was fine. Swish place in Kazimierz, went off season so the price was real sweet (might have been less than £40 a night for a 2 bed apartment, I can't remember exactly)

OP tell us how you get on!

This is way too expensive for krakow. You can find cheaper. Check out Gumtree for short term appartments, preferably with the help of a polish girl cause it is in polish. You can also find cheaper hotel rooms (like 20 euros a night..). And You should check out hostels cause they are cool and easy to get laid there, and no problem to bring back girls there, polish girls dont care to have a proper room, the shower of the hostel will be totally fine (even though they are even more used to the toilets of the club) .(if you try hostels, not giraffe or goodbye lenin,but Mama s hostel.. worth it for the atmospher and the ppl you meet, and the easy lays with the tourists, even the tourists are not as hot as the polish girls, and not as easy...)

Quote: (12-25-2010 03:47 PM)Tg3 Wrote:  

You can also find cheaper hotel rooms (like 20 euros a night..)

Actually this is true. Looking somewhere like http://www.igougo.com will get you something cheap, even in an emergency.

I was there this August and met a girl that wanted to have sex..........just not in her house, despite the fact that her parents were up on the Baltic Coast for the summer.

I got back to my hostel at 8am, ate the breakfast that was so lovingly laid out and got online. Found a hotel for £20 for that night. Did the job just fine................

Quote:Quote:

And You should check out hostels cause they are cool and easy to get laid there

again true.............even some of the women working there are down and available (caveat emptor obviously in the latter case)

and no problem to bring back girls there

your mileage is definitely gonna vary here however, some places are more lax than others............

polish girls dont care to have a proper room, the shower of the hostel will be totally fine (even though they are even more used to the toilets of the club)

And there's me trying to be classy in getting a hotel.

even the tourists are not as hot as the polish girls, and not as easy...)

Real talk. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

I probably spent about 2 months in Poland this year. Too much fun! I'm scheming to go back asap, even though it's -10 out there right now....................

Thanks for the input so far!
I think i will stay partly in hostels, partly in private apartments.

[This is way too expensive for krakow. You can find cheaper. Check out Gumtree for short term appartments, preferably with the help of a polish girl cause it is in polish. You can also find cheaper hotel rooms (like 20 euros a night..). And You should check out hostels cause they are cool and easy to get laid there, and no problem to bring back girls there, polish girls dont care to have a proper room, the shower of the hostel will be totally fine (even though they are even more used to the toilets of the club) .(if you try hostels, not giraffe or goodbye lenin,but Mama s hostel.. worth it for the atmospher and the ppl you meet, and the easy lays with the tourists, even the tourists are not as hot as the polish girls, and not as easy...)
[/quote]

I doubt that the Polish girls will be very easy. Poland is a very conservative, roman-catholic country. I really doubt that they will be easier than some British or American hostel chicks. But Polish girls are hotter of course.

Quote: (12-26-2010 10:10 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

I doubt that the Polish girls will be very easy. Poland is a very conservative, roman-catholic country. I really doubt that they will be easier than some British or American hostel chicks. But Polish girls are hotter of course.

While it's not the case that once you cross the border you will be swimming in pussy that wants to fuck you yesterday (and outside of Warsaw and Krakow it's harder than you think to find a chick that speaks English half decently), there is a subset of Polish women that stack off remarkably light.

I've had this conversation with them so many times. A lot of get a boyfriend when they are 15/16/17, then when that relationship goes south they don't take it well and then they decide to have some "fun" for a while..............

Enter you!

Where are you staying? If you're going the hostel route find a place that discourages stag parties from staying with them but will take you out nightly.......

Also tell us how it was, and wrap up warm!

Quote: (12-26-2010 10:10 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

[This is way too expensive for krakow. You can find cheaper. Check out Gumtree for short term appartments, preferably with the help of a polish girl cause it is in polish. You can also find cheaper hotel rooms (like 20 euros a night..). And You should check out hostels cause they are cool and easy to get laid there, and no problem to bring back girls there, polish girls dont care to have a proper room, the shower of the hostel will be totally fine (even though they are even more used to the toilets of the club) .(if you try hostels, not giraffe or goodbye lenin,but Mama s hostel.. worth it for the atmospher and the ppl you meet, and the easy lays with the tourists, even the tourists are not as hot as the polish girls, and not as easy...)

[/quote]

lol polish girls conservative?????
My first night in a polish club:
Was sitting with a friend, club pretty empty. Feel something on my back. I turn. a blonde with huge boobs. She tells me something, I say I dont speak polish. She then tells me she likes me and I am handsome, and asks me if I want to dance. She kisses me. around 20 mins, later, she tells me she wants to go to the toilets, asks me if I want to go with her. I follow her. She brings me to the toilet, close the door, goes direct to my cock, sucks it. then we fuck in the toilets.
That first night in poland, I understood polish girls were not conservative. Later, i told my friend about that, and then he decides to do the same with the friend of my girl. And he goes fuck her in the toilets.
most polish girls I ve met were far less conservative about sex than the british (even more sex freaks than scandinavian , and that means a lot..) In Many clubs in krakow, you hear ppl fucking in the toilets. I fucked in the street near the club too. The facebook statuses of many of my polish female friends are all about sex. When I tell polish guys or girls about poland having a reputation of being veyr catholic, they all say it s not really true, and it definitely does not applly to young ppl. (for me, poland is all about parties, sex and drugs, not really what I d call catholic or conservative. but of course it applies to the ppl who hang in the clubs I go.. and this applies mostly to krakow girls, in warsaw it s a bit different. Krakow is to me a bit the vegas of poland, where girls feel like they can do watever they want..)

Please write a report after going to krakow, I know you will write I was right . (and pm me if you want more infos, I swear if you choose the right venues, you will have more sex than anywehere else in the world!!! )

@ Tg3 : It almost sounds too good to be true, lol. But I´m pretty excited. Where in Poland have you been? Only Krakow and Warsaw?
Yeah, I will definitely write a report after I come back.

Stay in Cracow hostel. It's cheap, right on the main square and you can bring girls back [Image: wink.gif]

Hey guys, I have to postpone my Krakow visit because my stepfather passed away . he was suffering from a rare form of lung cancer.
I will postpone it to late January, early February.
I´m also interested in going to Estonia and Latvia in February and early March.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Get back to us on where ever you end up travelling.

What would be the ideal month to hit up Krakow and Wroclaw?

I'm currently planning to spend 10 days there from April 15 to April 25 this year. Would it be too cold?

Also can some of the experienced folks give tips on how to build up a pipeline of Polish girls thru online game, before arriving in Krakow?

Austrian, sorry to hear about the news. In case you postpone your trip to April, let me know. We can sync up in Krakow.

I know a guy who describes krakow as the easiest city in the world to bang..i also heard nightclub toilets are mixed there with both women and male,and you will see people having sex iin there..im hitting there between june to september... hit me up if you want me to put you in touch with this guy who knows krakow really well, he is a cool cat..he can give you great info about the city.

thanks, guys.
@Sirob: I will go to Krakow in early February, so it won´t work out. In April i will probably be in Czech Republic (Brno or Ostrava, haven´t decided yet) and Slovakia (Bratislava) for 2 weeks.

One thing i don´t understand is that some people here describe Krakow as a very easy city to get laid, while for example Naughty Nomad said in his Krakow city guide that it isn´t really that easy there. I also thought that Poland isn´t the easiest country to get laid in, because of the religion, conservativism.... (compared to say Czach Rep., where most people are atheist and more liberal)
Which one is it???
I will find out myself and then post a detailed guide here.

Quote: (01-11-2011 10:50 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

I'm currently planning to spend 10 days there from April 15 to April 25 this year. Would it be too cold?

It won't be too cold but you might be better off arriving on the 25th rather than leaving.

Why? Easter is late this year, and do you really want to spend a religious holiday in probably the most religiously observant country in central (if not all) Europe? Even the Alkohole will be shut. Not that getting laid there is going to be a struggle, but I'm just sayin'.............

If it was me I would rather go the 10 days before or after, especially given that going after puts you in the middle of May Day and Constitution Day (May 1st and 3rd, I was in Sopot last May Day and the clubs were all busy), which is essentially gonna be a 5 day holiday given the way the calendar is..........now that gives me an idea!

Quote: (01-11-2011 02:29 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

One thing i don´t understand is that some people here describe Krakow as a very easy city to get laid, while for example Naughty Nomad said in his Krakow city guide that it isn´t really that easy there. I also thought that Poland isn´t the easiest country to get laid in, because of the religion, conservativism.... (compared to say Czach Rep., where most people are atheist and more liberal)
Which one is it???
I will find out myself and then post a detailed guide here.

While there is an element of YMMV, chicks are still fucking out there. Some of them are dumb enough to let their parents buy them an apartment, bring guys back but forget that their parents still have a set of keys...............and a predilection for making unannounced visits [Image: smile.gif]
Not to get your hopes up, but if you spend long enough there (I think you said ten days?) and go out and speak to people, it will happen.

For some reason (DISCLAIMER: I'm Black, and don't dress Hip-Hop) I run better in Poland than any other country in Central/Eastern Europe...........

on at least 3 occasions I've gone to the club and left within 2 hours with a chick. If you are looking good, have something interesting to say and she is feeling you, you can make it happen!

Quote: (01-11-2011 02:35 PM)Super Etoile Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2011 10:50 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

It won't be too cold but you might be better off arriving on the 25th rather than leaving.

Why? Easter is late this year, and do you really want to spend a religious holiday in probably the most religiously observant country in central (if not all) Europe? Even the Alkohole will be shut. Not that getting laid there is going to be a struggle, but I'm just sayin'.............

If it was me I would rather go the 10 days before or after, especially given that going after puts you in the middle of May Day and Constitution Day (May 1st and 3rd, I was in Sopot last May Day and the clubs were all busy), which is essentially gonna be a 5 day holiday given the way the calendar is..........now that gives me an idea!

Thanks Super Etoile. I'll keep this point in mind. Also, do you know of any online sites which can be used beforehand to build up a pipeline of prospects prior to arriving in Krakow?

I've heard that staying in a private apartment is the way to go as it considerably eases up logistics for a bang. What about staying in hostels?

p.s. are you based out of Poland?

Quote: (01-11-2011 11:27 AM)lottery Wrote:  

I know a guy who describes krakow as the easiest city in the world to bang..i also heard nightclub toilets are mixed there with both women and male,and you will see people having sex iin there..im hitting there between june to september... hit me up if you want me to put you in touch with this guy who knows krakow really well, he is a cool cat..he can give you great info about the city.

Thanks Lottery, will pm you for more details.

Quote: (01-12-2011 04:38 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

Thanks Super Etoile. I'll keep this point in mind. Also, do you know of any online sites which can be used beforehand to build up a pipeline of prospects prior to arriving in Krakow?

Try Gadu-Gadu (it's basically the Polish version of MSN), they even helpfully have all the instructions in English. Use the other sites already suggested and see if they have a GG number, and go from there...............

I've heard that staying in a private apartment is the way to go as it considerably eases up logistics for a bang. What about staying in hostels?

Apartments are cheap enough depending on what city you're going to, but what I used to do was if it was my first time in a city I would stay in a hostel and get to know the city/people. Any time after that (especially if I was going with a friend) we got an apartment.

With hostels you have to think of the logistics of getting the girl past reception (if they're not OK with you bringing girls back), AND the logistics of sharing a room with x amount of people (assuming you're not paying for a private room). Your best bet if you are not going the apartment/hotel route is find a hostel that won't go nuts if you bring a guest back (or one that helpfully tells you that the reception is closed from 3am to 4am [Image: smile.gif], or one where you don't have to walk past the reception to get to your room, surprisingly they do exist) and get a private room. At least that way you make the best of a meh situation.

p.s. are you based out of Poland?

No, I'm in London. Had I known how good the games are in Poland I would have moved there 10 years ago...............oh well!