rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any alternatives to Wordpress.com?

After that mess with Kevin Conboy threatening to delete entire blogs, are there any excellent free alternatives that include hosting like Wordpress.com does? CMS platforms like Joomla! don't count here obviously.

Quote: (01-29-2014 02:45 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

After that mess with Kevin Conboy threatening to delete entire blogs, are there any excellent free alternatives that include hosting like Wordpress.com does? CMS platforms like Joomla! don't count here obviously.

Eventually any free alternatives are destined to become like Wordpress; once you have large organizations of any kind you will have lefturds infultrating and eventually setting up anti-speech PC policies and practices.

You need to either self-host or host in a foreign neutral country. That's the only way.

Hosting a blog is pretty damn cheap unless you get a lot of traffic. I'd never subject myself to the whims of some unknown person in a cubicle somewhere.

Very surprised sites like heartiste are set up that way.

Also, no advertising allowed on hosted wordpress. Not sure about the alternatives.

Quote: (01-29-2014 03:43 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Very surprised sites like heartiste are set up that way.

At the time worrying about the PC crowd was less of an issue; plus he (or the group of writers) didn't want to deal with tech stuff related to maintaining a site.

I'd advise anyone now to maintain their own site with an anonymous whois.

You can find plenty of places where you can register a free domain name and also get free hosting on the net. You just have to search.

I own a bunch of domain names with godaddy and they do give you some free hosting. I logged into my account and discovered the specs, it includes a database so you could easily set up your own system:
[Image: attachment.jpg16726]   

It says 0 e-mail accounts, but in another part of your control panel you can set up free e-mail.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Holy shit. Godaddy giving something for free.

Going to check my account now. Theres a domain I have that I want hosted on a different server.

eBlogger.

That said, VivaLaManosphere has a very excellent guide to setting up a website. Buying a domain and getting hosting will cost you about 100$ a year TOPS. If you plan to blog regularly, the time commitment more than out weighs the money.

http://vivalamanosphere.com/how-to-start-a-blog/

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

I'm getting ready to cross this bridge and have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone do a quick outline, from how to get a domain name, then put it on a host, then build a website? A friend recommended http://www.froont.com for the site building. I'm concerned about security also.

A less conventional way to blog would be to set up your own subreddit and make it so that only you can submit things but anyone can comment. It's not pretty but it's functional.

I have my own account on hostgator where I host nigelbiggame.com and other sites, but I'm specifically talking about blogging sites include hosting for free.

That portal thing is pretty neat, easy to get around to like pages.
I just don't like how it shifts everything down though, instead of an overlay.

There are a bunch of free webhosting servers. I have used Byethost and 000webhost in the past. No ads, no fees, no nothing. They do give you limited space and bandwith, but if you are only running one or two personal sites or blogs, its more than enough.

Buy a domain on Goddady. Many say the guys an asshole but Ive never had a problem with them. Its less than $10 a year just for the domain. Always google search for "goddady coupon codes" before any purchase on godaddy. Can save you some cash, Ive never paid full price for anything on Goddady.

Then go to wordpress.org, download the latest version, and install it on your free server. That way even if your site is against wordpress.com policy, they cant do shit about it.