rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strongly considering moving to LA

I live in suburban Detroit right now, not exactly a hot bed for work, nor for women when it gets cold like this.

I've been to LA before, but I haven't gone with the PUA mentality I have now. Nor was it for more than a few days at a time. How easy are things out there?

I know quite a few guys from Michigan, none will consider going back. I love LA. I lived there for 8 years and still didn't do everything I wanted.

L.A.? It's about status....but the quality/quantity is 10 times more than anywhere else...just amazing looking women.....

i think ur gonna get a flurry of negative responses...

i grew up there, went to college there.

la sucks for PU.

for nightgame: the clubs are very exclusive. they all close at 2 am. even if u have girls with u, u'll often have to get there early 10-11 just to have a chance to get in.

whle there are 9s and 10s, u'll see a total lack of "above average" girls (6-8).

at least half of the girls in most places are mexican, and not very good looking, often fat or if cute, surrounded by cholos who will never let u in.

lot of the hotties are middle eastern, super clicky, and hard to break. its not really worth it, cuz in the midwest u can get an equally hot white chick for way less work.

lots of asians, which is a plus. i'll give l.a. props on the asian girls. lots of them are koreans though, so get ready for more insane clickiness.

santa monica, hermosa beach have many hot girls. however, once again, clubs/bars almost all close by 2 am. lot of them get lines that just never move. in chicago, i just waltz into almost any bar i want.

l.a., fore being such a warm city, is one of the worst places for day game because there is hardly any foot traffic. u can go to malls, but will often see them empty, the only hotties there r those that work there.

its not like NYC or Chicago where u can go to a big street and see hottie after hottie walking by. none of that in l.a. 3rd street is a joke and full of tourists.

the diversity in l.a. is pretty good and its decently integrated for an american city.

the traffic is legendarily bad. people flake a lot due to the traffic too. if it rains, girls wont still come thru like they do in the midwest.

l.a. is fun for me cuz i grew up there, i got roots. but nowadays i live in chicago (for 2 years, but moving out in a week) and prefer it much more for meeting girls. more young people, more "regular" people, more population density so better daygame. the winter sucks but the bars r still mostly respectably full. if u have a car, u can sort of "avoid" the cold.

my verdict: l.a. sucks for PU. NYC, Chicago, Boston are all way better for that kind of stuff.

Donavon, you throw the doorman a 20 and you're in. Case closed. You get his card, and then you've got an "in". I used to do all sorts of easy stuff to get easy inexpensive dates. I used to invite girls to a laundry mat to do laundry together and I'd buy a 6pack. Brown bag drink it and then by the end she's coming over because we're actually having a good time doing that. I'd get a girl to go grocery shopping with me and by the end, she's coming over for dinner later that night. Anyway, I made a killing there. The weather is awesome, the traffic sucks. The cholos are obnoxious the quality of girls is way high. The smog is bad, but things to do is enormous. Plus, he's talking about leaving godforsaken Detroit....GO CJ AND DON'T LOOK BACK HAHA

I did my undergrad in southern California. IMO, LA is rich with world class beauties. With great attitudes as well.

I found girls to be very receptive. They knew if they gave you too much attitude, you could just go to the next good looking girl. There is just an abundance sexy women and girls know it.

Fisto is dead on....Go and don't look back.

Quote: (12-19-2010 08:41 PM)CJ Wrote:  

I live in suburban Detroit right now, not exactly a hot bed for work, nor for women when it gets cold like this.

I've been to LA before, but I haven't gone with the PUA mentality I have now. Nor was it for more than a few days at a time. How easy are things out there?

Go west my son, but I always recommend S.F. over L.A., only problem out here is cost of living, shit is damn expensive. Detroit sucks asshole, but it's the cheapest fucking place in the U.S., once you get out to Cali., the prices will make your eyes pop out of your head. Hope you got some skills or people to mail weed to back home (LOL), but for real, I think it's worth it to take a chance and come out here. I'd rather be poor in NorCal, then "comfortable" in Michigan, one thing though S.F. lacks the quality of L.A., but people are cooler and probably more approachable. I've seen some nice talent out in the suburbs of the East Bay, but basically you want to be in S.F. or at least Berkeley or Oakland IMHO.

screw socal if you aint got a decent amount of dough. the job/housing market is terrible.

move to miami, orlando, or austin. chicago would be great if not for the weather.

Hmm... a lot to think about. I have to leave Michigan, no question there, this place is a wasteland in every way imaginable. Plus so many of my friends have already left.

I like Florida, a lot, and have family there to help get me going. I also have friends in Texas (Houston & Dallas) and in Chicago, so those aren't off the table. Although, I really don't want to live in the cold anymore. My friend in LA has a crappy job lined up for me to get started, and a couch I can crash on, so that's better than a poke in the eye.

My bankroll is weak though, and that's really my biggest concern about California.

Quote: (12-19-2010 09:39 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

i think ur gonna get a flurry of negative responses...

i grew up there, went to college there.

la sucks for PU.

for nightgame: the clubs are very exclusive. they all close at 2 am. even if u have girls with u, u'll often have to get there early 10-11 just to have a chance to get in.

whle there are 9s and 10s, u'll see a total lack of "above average" girls (6-8).

at least half of the girls in most places are mexican, and not very good looking, often fat or if cute, surrounded by cholos who will never let u in.

lot of the hotties are middle eastern, super clicky, and hard to break. its not really worth it, cuz in the midwest u can get an equally hot white chick for way less work.

lots of asians, which is a plus. i'll give l.a. props on the asian girls. lots of them are koreans though, so get ready for more insane clickiness.

santa monica, hermosa beach have many hot girls. however, once again, clubs/bars almost all close by 2 am. lot of them get lines that just never move. in chicago, i just waltz into almost any bar i want.

l.a., fore being such a warm city, is one of the worst places for day game because there is hardly any foot traffic. u can go to malls, but will often see them empty, the only hotties there r those that work there.

its not like NYC or Chicago where u can go to a big street and see hottie after hottie walking by. none of that in l.a. 3rd street is a joke and full of tourists.

the diversity in l.a. is pretty good and its decently integrated for an american city.

the traffic is legendarily bad. people flake a lot due to the traffic too. if it rains, girls wont still come thru like they do in the midwest.

l.a. is fun for me cuz i grew up there, i got roots. but nowadays i live in chicago (for 2 years, but moving out in a week) and prefer it much more for meeting girls. more young people, more "regular" people, more population density so better daygame. the winter sucks but the bars r still mostly respectably full. if u have a car, u can sort of "avoid" the cold.

my verdict: l.a. sucks for PU. NYC, Chicago, Boston are all way better for that kind of stuff.

I live in L.A., and I agree with you 100%. However, I don't think Santa Monica has hot chicks -- SM sucks!

I take it all back, you should move to Austin Tx. There's more hot ass there/mile2 than I've ever seen. Plus if you're broke you don't need a lot of money.

I never did this but, waiting on tables is a good way to get by there. Your social circle gets big and you always have cash. How old are you?

Quote: (12-20-2010 01:02 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I take it all back, you should move to Austin Tx. There's more hot ass there/mile2 than I've ever seen. Plus if you're broke you don't need a lot of money.

I never did this but, waiting on tables is a good way to get by there. Your social circle gets big and you always have cash. How old are you?

But is Austin worth living in Texas? I don't know, I'm asking.

Austin is a great city, it's worth living there. It's beautiful with rolling hills. A lot of celebrities who could live anywhere own houses there. UofT is there so always a crop of hot girls coming up. More bars than you've ever seen in one area. The people are friendly. There's a ton of outdoor stuff to do. Big time music scene there. I'd have moved there long ago if I weren't working on my own pursuits. My only complaint is that it's pretty liberal in the modern sense but a lot of people love that. Lastly, if he's broke, it would be a better place than L.A. All these guys complaining about L.A. are probably stuck in a 5 mile biodome where having to drive anyplace worthwhile is discouraging. They have points since money limits your options significantly but, going to the beach is free. Playing volleyball at Venice is free. Only he'll probably have to drive there from the Valley or somewhere like Koreatown which is not only kind of embarrassing to tell a girl, it's a fucking long time to be in traffic. Culver City would be a good option, since it's cheaper and not far from the beach. I lived all over that city and I loved it, the things mentioned get old but, when you're hanging out on a rooftop looking at the sun set while drinking a few beers with friends you forget about that stuff, or I did.

yea id go to miami or austin.

orlando isnt bad either.

LA is to expensive and the girls are status bitches.
chicago is to cold

Quote: (12-20-2010 02:31 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Koreatown

I think you should move to LA.

People tell me great things about the Korean bars out there. There are a great deal of hostess bar girls that I know that fly there just to work on the weekends. These girls are always hot, and once you figure out what to do and say to pick up there, getting laid is a breeze. Plus, Korean hostess girls will fuck you brains out.

If you go there get at me and I'll give you some pointers.

Aloha!

Quote: (12-19-2010 11:32 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2010 08:41 PM)CJ Wrote:  

Go west my son, but I always recommend S.F. over L.A., only problem out here is cost of living, shit is damn expensive. Detroit sucks asshole, but it's the cheapest fucking place in the U.S., once you get out to Cali., the prices will make your eyes pop out of your head. Hope you got some skills or people to mail weed to back home (LOL), but for real, I think it's worth it to take a chance and come out here. I'd rather be poor in NorCal, then "comfortable" in Michigan, one thing though S.F. lacks the quality of L.A., but people are cooler and probably more approachable. I've seen some nice talent out in the suburbs of the East Bay, but basically you want to be in S.F. or at least Berkeley or Oakland IMHO.

I have to agree with you on that OG. I've lived in or around LA most of my life and I have to say that the bay area is far more approachable. Even beyond the dating scene, just people in general seem friendlier. Almost like there's still somewhat of a hippie vibe remaining. Girls are cuter in LA, and since I like Latinas, having a bunch of Mexican girls in one place has never been a bad thing in my opinion! However, there are some cuties in Frisco, some real cute white girls and Asians. Plus, a lot more foot traffic than LA, as has already been mentioned. The black girls damn near look a decent looking/dressing brotha up and down out in Richmond! Berkeley too! By the way, is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed how fine the black women are in Sacramento?? I went to the main mall out there a few weeks ago and saw so many hot, mulatto looking black girls, I thought that maybe the government had relocated Creole girls from Louisiana after Katrina and set them up in Sacramento! Not since the 90's, even in LA, have I seen that many hot black girls just out and about!

Quote: (12-20-2010 06:46 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

By the way, is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed how fine the black women are in Sacramento?? I went to the main mall out there a few weeks ago and saw so many hot, mulatto looking black girls, I thought that maybe the government had relocated Creole girls from Louisiana after Katrina and set them up in Sacramento! Not since the 90's, even in LA, have I seen that many hot black girls just out and about!

I haven't been to SAC for a long minute, but I gotta drop down on the town. Redbones are my faves (along wit blondies). Did u holla at any, and if so, were they receptive???

Baller, SAC town was always easy street for me. Those UC Davis girls are ready to party and ready to give it up. I wouldn't go out of my way to get to SAC, but if you re near by those girls are freaks (and they love them some brothas, dog).

Quote: (12-20-2010 06:52 PM)Global Baller Wrote:  

By the way, is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed how fine the black women are in Sacramento?? I went to the main mall out there a few weeks ago and saw so many hot, mulatto looking black girls, I thought that maybe the government had relocated Creole girls from Louisiana after Katrina and set them up in Sacramento! Not since the 90's, even in LA, have I seen that many hot black girls just out and about!

I haven't been to SAC for a long minute, but I gotta drop down on the town. Redbones are my faves (along wit blondies). Did u holla at any, and if so, were they receptive???

Same here(minus the blondes). I have to find out more about Sacto.

Quote: (12-20-2010 06:52 PM)Global Baller Wrote:  

Honestly, I had someone with me at the time, so I could holla the way I wanted to. Come to think of it though, the girls I was with a was a black girl, not a red-bone but lighter brown skin and to say she was fine would be an understatement! I met her at the Cheesecake factory. Her body and face were gorgeous, but like a lot of sistas she had the waeve and that just doens't do it for me! Plus, she lived in on a street, I forget the name, but it made 103rd in Watts look like Rodeo Drive! So, I didn't feel comefortable going there, and the distance from Sac to Marin county was hard to take. All those factors, plus a bit of an attitude about me not visiting often, caused me to stop seeing her. Still, she was the prettiest black girl I'd ever been with! Straight out of Sac! Like someone said, I would'nt necessarily go out of your way to visit, since in my opinion there isn't much to do, but if you have to go there for some reason, please focus on the sistas! I am not over-exaggerating!
Now, for the record, I can tell you that nearly everytime I visit Berkeley, I'll have sistas, mostly cute, not hot, but they will smile and make it pretty obvious that they would'nt mind you hollaring at them! I have only been to Berkeley 3 times and 2 out of the three I got responses like that from a couple of different sistas. I judge from that that they are friendly and open in general.

I know a ton of people from Michigan, and all of them say it sucks. I could never imagine living in the midwest except maybe Chicago. California is cool. I don't know if I'd be living in LA if I lived there, but it's a cool state.

IPB,

You'd love it. Girls everywhere and you could surf and ski in the same day.

The women in LA are amazing! I took a trip out there a few weeks back and was shocked at how stylish and attractive they were. I hear its even better during the summer time. I went to a club at the W hotel there and I swear I must have seen 60 model type chicks in just one venue. Most were very friendly too. Every race you could think of. Women out there are just so beautiful man! haha

We ran into a 2 video models randomly on the street. My boy grew up with one of them back east. Here is a video of the other one.
Daphne Joy

Women like this don't even exist where I live. Now i know what Randy Newman was talking about.

Money is definitely going to help you in LA