rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you guys tired of hearing about rape culture yet?

I hope not! The Guardian just put out another article.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/mor...mentpage=4

Half of the comments are being deleted. I encourage you to sign up (takes 10 seconds) and call them out on their BS.

Team Nachos

Quote: (01-27-2014 02:04 PM)Collide Wrote:  

I hope not! The Guardian just put out another article.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/mor...mentpage=4

Half of the comments are being deleted. I encourage you to sign up (takes 10 seconds) and call them out on their BS.

Wasn't there a study into drink spiking involving hospital data that concluded that it doesn't actually exist, and when girls feel 'weird', 'dizzy' and 'pukey', it's simply that they're not drugged, but really fucking drunk?

So her ego has to be strong enough to accept this:

I'm the kind of girl who gets so drunk she can't remember what she did, and chooses to have sex with faceless guys whilst being in that state.

Hamster spin:

I'm a good girl, and would never drink to excess to end up out of control. My drink must have been spiked.

I'm a good girl, not a slut who fucks random men when drunk. I must have been raped.

Note they'll never, ever suggest temperance might protect a woman.

Decent comment:

Quote:Quote:

For the record, women are the main perpetrators of slut-shaming due to competition between females in society. Again, I don't condone the shaming but there are substantial biological/evolutionary reasons for sexual double standards and people are entitled to their own personal opinion to what they view as fit. Just like how men look down on slutty women, women also look down on virgin men. It goes both ways.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

An interesting aside: both feminists and real conservatives/traditionalists (not republicans) agree that women can't be held responsible for their own actions.

The feminist world view is that men are always responsible and women are never responsible no matter what. Well, this is probably actually true in a sense. Expecting women to be rational, consistent, and honorable (the things required for society to function tolerably) is beyond their capacity. It's simply not how their minds work. Women do need a father, husband, or other male family member looking after them and taking care of them, regardless of age.

Expecting them to be responsible for their own choices isn't fair or realistic. A society can't run on constantly fluctuating feelings. Any society that does will soon became brutish, chaotic, and unproductive. We currently pretend that women can make choices, stand by them, and deal with the consequences as men always have. That's just not how they're put together.

Obviously, the current paradigm makes for a good party while it lasts. For my own enjoyment, I can't say I want thing to switch to a sustainable, more traditional sort of social organization just yet.

Quote: (01-27-2014 02:44 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Wasn't there a study into drink spiking involving hospital data that concluded that it doesn't actually exist, and when girls feel 'weird', 'dizzy' and 'pukey', it's simply that they're not drugged, but really fucking drunk?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/dri...5736032435

Australian researchers have found that not one of the 97 young men and women admitted over 19 months to two Perth hospitals claiming to have had their drinks spiked had, in fact, been drugged.

"We did not identify a single case where a sedative drug was likely to have been illegally placed in a drink in a pub or nightclub," researcher Mark Little said.

Not really...I don't pay attention to women's rights. I found going though life like women have NONE has kept me sane!
I always tell feminists that feminism is their movement NOT MINE so I am going to be myself!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/27/us/penn-st...?hpt=hp_t1

I feel for any actual victims of rape, but the massive jump from 2009 - 2012 seems sketchy to me.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

nah, that's just because it's been redefined to include everything under the sun.
If she catches a whiff of your fart in an elevator, and doesn't like the taste, then you've just forcefully violated her.

The below story caught my eye. For some unknown reason it was "picked" by the Guardian from the comments.

Exactly what I felt last year at university, my first term, my first night of freshers, had a few drinks and was bullied for not drinking more, my housemate ran off to sell weed and I was left alone with a group of men, each one taking me to a different party thinking they could try something.

Translation: Girl puts herself in a situation with alcohol and men. Sensing an easy lay, they each try to get in her pants. Unfortunately they are all still inexperienced with girls and bring bad game. They aren't her type and girl feels violated. Feeling that way is, like, the same as rape. Obviously.

After taking myself out of that situation, I got myself home (tipsy wandering around a dark place called 'home' that you only just arrived at that day) got chatting to my housemate who was also home. Next thing I new there were all these people barging their way into our house, I call my boyfriend he arrives, I go to my room, he goes to the toilet. Theres a knock on the door, some guy wants to 'see his old room' I dont let him in, he gets violent and forceful, luckily my boyfriend intervenes and we lock the door whilst he starts kicking and punching the door. Housemate (male by the way) did nothing. Violent dickheads friends did nothing.

Translation: Some drunk guy is fucking around in our dorm. He also senses the easy pussy and tries his luck. My boyfriend is there but "intervenes" by locking the door (fucking hit the guy if he is really assaulting your girlfriend). He is obviously too much of a pussy to protect me. I will be cutting him loose soon.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

[Image: 2612573.jpg%3Ftype%3DarticleLandscape]

Yep, that's the author.

^^
WB but she has crazy eyes.

Girl is trouble beyond any shadow of a doubt.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Some great comments on the article (you have to drill down because they'll never get 'promoted' status while questioning the orthodoxy).

Even more important, no-one is shouting them down. Does this show that even lefty Guardian readers are beginning to understand that they're being lied to?

Quote:BeatonTheDonis Wrote:

Are we seriously expected to believe that Cambridge undergraduates, and the undergraduates of other universities, think that the very serious crimes of rape and sexual assault are socially acceptable because they are invited to partake in social events with risque names and occasionally listen to pop songs with risque lyrics, and that by banning these events and pop songs, rape and sexual assault will become less of a problem?

Quote:DekeThornton Wrote:

Quote:theworldisfunny Wrote:

22 million rapes does constitute a rape culture

No it does not.

No more than 22 million murders constitutes a murder culture.

Unless of course you can clearly show that the culture in question actively promotes and sanctions rape and/or murder?

Can you?

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Quote: (01-28-2014 02:15 AM)tmason Wrote:  

[Image: 2612573.jpg%3Ftype%3DarticleLandscape]

Yep, that's the author.

That's called access to therapy, not feminism.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

The author has gone to Cambridge (one of the most prestigious universities in the country) to study Theology.

She will be complaining about the 'glass ceiling' next once she tries to get a well-paid job with such a joke of a degree.

But let's face it, she will still be better off than most - there are enough charities and job creation schemes for rich kids with no real qualifications to keep her occupied.

Here's another good example of how to comment 'under the radar' where your point is clear to everyone but your words can't be objected to:
Quote:skepticalhawkeye Wrote:

One feels very concerned for the writer of this article.

In her previous contribution to the Guardian she told of the terrible time she had and the attacks made on her when she was a school student and began promoting feminism.

She gave the impression that the majority of her male fellow pupils were real sexist sh#ts.

Now she has gone up to Cambridge only to find that the majority of her male fellow students are potential rapists.

I do hope her parents and tutors are keeping an eye open for her safety and well-being for she appears particularly vulnerable.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Feminst's idea of rape is to actual rape as the NFL's "modern day slavery" is to actual slavery

Quote: (01-28-2014 02:15 AM)tmason Wrote:  

Yep, that's the author.
That's an old photo. From finding her Facebook she has ruined her appearance by cutting her hair short. [Image: dodgy.gif]

[Image: 1469972_10152040838204669_668477622_a.jpg]

As for the article - one of my closest female friends was involved in drinking societies at Cambridge. As you would expect: girls WILLINGLY partake in these swaps. Girls WILLINGLY get completely drunk. Girls WILLINGLY go home with the handsome, charming, high status alpha males in the men's drinking societies.

Meanwhile the nice, respectful, hardworking nerds who follow her advice and wouldn't dream of 'sexually harassing' women get repeatedly friendzoned.

Her idea of 'consent workshops' are not going to solve anything (except to make betas even more sexually frustated and so more likely to find the manosphere [Image: banana.gif]).

Nah. Not even close. Maybe when I stop laughing so much after reading the articles
[Image: hamster3.gif]

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

There is a persistence of rape culture in university social life, and little is being done to tackle it.

Here's an idea: stay on campus. Don't go to clubs. Don't get drunk and make out with random men. Don't go to 'swaps' if the thought of sex makes you so uncomfortable. Socialize with your male classmates, they will enjoy your company and maybe you'll even find a quality boyfriend. In other words, do the kind of shit that students at a university are primarily there to do.

But that sort of responsible behavior is only for beta males. Girls like her are drawn to the danger, the alcohol, the random men, the high-status 'swaps', and feel entitled to experience all of it without accepting any of the responsibility.

Quote: (01-28-2014 04:19 AM)crippler Wrote:  

The author has gone to Cambridge (one of the most prestigious universities in the country) to study Theology.

She will be complaining about the 'glass ceiling' next once she tries to get a well-paid job with such a joke of a degree.

But let's face it, she will still be better off than most - there are enough charities and job creation schemes for rich kids with no real qualifications to keep her occupied.

It's been listed as the number one university in the world in some subjects (currently third overall), let alone the country. Even to do theology, she must be very bright (or well trained if she's a private schooler!) to get in, so it's surprising she could write such silly articles.

My brother went to Cambridge, and got a 1:1, and comes from a normal comprehensive school background, and can't get a job as all the jobs in his field have gone to the rich kids via nepotism and connections.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Just listened to a clip of an Obama speech from yesterday. In it he spoke out about the "epidemic" of rape that is taking place on college campuses and he wanted to help put an end to it.

What he plans to do, if anything at all but pay lip service to his larger voter base, I have no idea. But the thought of more of our tax dollars (men are the majority of tax payers) going to protect women from their own choices is getting old and tired. Would be nice to hear a leader once speak up about women making smart choices and that the beta males are a good match for beta females. But that isn't happening in the USA.