rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Crowd aware comedian game

There are comedians who, because of a lack of talent, often resort to reacting to the reaction of the crowd. They try to prevent themselves from bombing by trying to be funny about the fact that they're not really funny. Despite the fact that I find this to be a hack cop out, there seems to be some merit to it for your casual comedy fan since it is so common.

Is this tactic applicable to game?

For instance, you approach a girl and it's not going so well. So you say something about that fact to alleviate some tension. In a way, it reflects vulnerability game.

Do you think it's worthwhile or do you think you should just work on having better game to begin with?

Girls that get approached a ton may see it as the crutch it is. Your game needs to be tight enough that they don't feel like they're being gamed. I'm torn on the idea. Anyone have any experience with this?

Sounds like you already know the answer.

Common crutches/newb mistakes

1. Self Deprecation style - hoping that a chick finds you funny/takes pity on you. It's the go to for newbs after they "get over" approach anxiety.

2. On the wrong side of Asshole - over the top alpha nonsense, when you don't have the look and physique and memories to back that shit up. You gotta start somewhere though. Probably the least offensive of the mistakes

3. Inside Baseball - where you run game on her by telling her about the Game.

4. "In love with your own voice" - "2 special little snowflakes" - Going back to the Neil's book, He tells the story of 2 blonde chicks in Miami that are absolutely stunning. He approaches, cold reads, and then improvises some cool observations. In the book he tells you that the game has now moved to art. He's so enamored with his skills that putting on this 2 person audience performance becomes secondary to bedding them.

Everyone has a different personality, thus a different style. Everything i've written above, has worked for some guy somewhere. In my mind, it's not the foundation of good game.

WIA

Quote: (01-26-2014 12:05 PM)SheriffBart Wrote:  

There are comedians who, because of a lack of talent, often resort to reacting to the reaction of the crowd. They try to prevent themselves from bombing by trying to be funny about the fact that they're not really funny. Despite the fact that I find this to be a hack cop out, there seems to be some merit to it for your casual comedy fan since it is so common.

Is this tactic applicable to game?

For instance, you approach a girl and it's not going so well. So you say something about that fact to alleviate some tension. In a way, it reflects vulnerability game.

Do you think it's worthwhile or do you think you should just work on having better game to begin with?

Girls that get approached a ton may see it as the crutch it is. Your game needs to be tight enough that they don't feel like they're being gamed. I'm torn on the idea. Anyone have any experience with this?

I wouldn't do this. What you're doing is "breaking the fourth wall" and drawing attention to your own pick-up. I started doing this at one point. It alleviated my own self-consciousness and need for better conversational skills, but it killed my approaches.

When you meet a woman and try to "sell" her on you, you're casting a bit of a magic spell. When you reference what's happening you break your own spell.

Part of why we're drawn to people is the nebulous concept of "persona." We get a vibe from them. And in gaming women you want to throw out a vibe like "surf party at the beach!" or "funny guy who knows a lot of things" or "nerdy but cute." When you self-reference you reduce your persona to "self-conscious guy with no social skills or ideas about boundaries." I think it symbolizes awkwardness and women pick up on that.

I even have a theory that once bands start self-referencing in their lyrics, the inspiration is over and they're running on momentum. I'll spare the examples.

Quote: (01-26-2014 03:57 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

3. Inside Baseball - where you run game on her by telling her about the Game.

Do people really do that?

Sounds like when a bad guy in a movie has the hero on his knees tied and bleeding at gunpoint, but then starts to explaining him his evil plans for half an hour that gives the hero time to untie his wrists, improvise a paper gun from multiple objects found crawling and bleeding in a radius of half a mile and to shoot this gun at a lever which starts a ten segment chain reaction that ends up with the bad guy getting smashed under construction materials.

Two things are infinite the universe and the human stupidity...

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-32411.html

It's easier to break the ice if you soften your approach with some empathy/diplomacy. Btw, empathy is not kissing ass or turning into weak bitch. It's about paying attention to the girl and disarming discomfort if you sense it in her.

For example, tell a girl "btw, I was raised by strict oldschool grandparents who brainwashed me to be assertive and straightforward so if I cross a line of yours just tell me about it, OK? I heard I come off too strong sometimes". This way you disarm any potential fuck up you might do before you even do it. That's empathy.

You can only work with what you got at the time.