rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Month With No Snark: A Women Learns To Be A Better Person

A female writer at Salon decides to go a month with no snark, no sarcasm and emphasize kindness.

[Image: lauren-frey.jpg]
Lauren Frey Daisley

Lauren realizes how snark is defense against connecting with those around them.

Quote:Quote:

Either way, why waste energy assuming ill intent?

This is a huge problem on the Left, in that they assume bad intentions when confronting people who don't share similar views on the world. We see this reach its zenith in feminists. The confused responses they often have is a way of devaluing declarant's with whom they don't understand and refuse to.

Quote:Quote:

Kindness doesn’t have to imply repression.

Feminists consider social expectations for women to be nice and kind to be repressive. They, then, assume a binary and that men are allowed to mean and nasty and not suffer consequences. That is false, as abrasive men often rub people the wrong way. They confuse intensity with naked aggression.

Still -- and this is why feminists are so mean -- they go out of their way to be mean-spirited, snarky and passive-aggressive. They think they are liberating themselves, but only reveal how little they care about themselves and the people are them. Snark is an emotionally draining action that grates on people around them. Snarky women only hang out with other snarky women, as women without that mentality get extremely annoyed very quickly.

Hopefully, this woman learned some serious lessons here and reformed herself. It will improve her relations with her husband, be a better mother and friend. Happiness is often a choice and hopefully this woman chose happiness over carefully guarded irony that prevents healthy relationships.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

To piggy back, men are perfectly elated with a woman being pleasant in all his interactions with her. Meanwhile we all know women sometimes thrive on oppositional personalities, aka drama. This is fundamentally where feminism, aka women acting like men, falls flat on its face. Women are behaving like men toward men in a way men designed for themselves to act toward women. This behavior is now going from the intended receiver to the rightful giver. And we wonder why dating/love/families are such a mess in feminist countries.....

Cunt. Like being nice to people is worthy of praise. That's the problem with some people nowadays. They expect to be treated with kindness and respect, but don't offer shit in return. Assholes.

Why does she have to stop? I like the length of the post wyked. To the point and direct.

I've never been to prison, so I should get presents every day.

Its hilarious that she thinks its cool to be sarcastic. Is she 6 years old? Its funny when a guy actually knows how to be sarcastic without straight up being a dick. The problem with women is that they can't do this; they just come off as mean bitches who are trying to hard and failing. Women can't shoot the shit and make fun of each other like 2 guys so you get confused, pissed females when you throw it back in their face since most guys are to pussy to ever try it. Just look at how angry she got over the old guy. Women are not funny for the most part so its just un natural and awkward (ha!) when they try hard to be.

I think this has to be the absolute worst trait that modern women have. Its not cute, its not funny, its just annoying and rude. I don't know when it started but I can't wait until it dies.

Would bang, but would probably need a ball gag stuffed in her mouth so I wouldn't have to listen to her talk.

[Image: lauren-frey.jpg]

How do you write for Salon and not be snarky? Did she abstain from writing a single article for the month?