rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gym approach help. Strategies and Tactics

Greetings fellow Hunters. I have searched the forum but never found a specific topic on Gym approaches and how to best go about picking up. I ask this because my situation "Married with 1, another on the way" leaves me with very little avenues to go on the hunt.

A little about me I am 30 Cuban, mixed raced light mulato, and I have been working out for a long time now since I was 16.

The one place I have is the Gym LA Fitness to be exact. I have gotten some results from approaching at the gym in the past but it has never been a consistent thing.

My strategy is usually just open by asking how many sets a particular target has left on a machine she is at and go from there. Or try to find something in common with her to open with.

My location is Miami which while amazing for quality and quantity the level of competition and Bitch Shields here is astronomical. Any and all advice would be welcomed.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I don't have experience in picking up in weights room, which I don't want to do to not distract me from my lifting, but I have experience in gaming women in different courses and interest groups. In your situation I would subscribe to some classes in your gym - yoga, pilates, dance or whatever is there (not bellydancing trough) and try get to know the girls there.

Unlike in street and clubs, the closed social circle game requires some time. Don't ask for a girls number in the first workout, feign or develop a real passion for the activity you are doing first and then gradually display yourself as an interesting man. Don't stretch it for too long either if after a few months you get nothing then switch your group or activity and try again.

I've tried this in Miami and the factors you mentioned (particularly Bitch Shields) are indeed present. Plus, you're going to run into these women again and again at the gym so you can't make it all about massive numbers. For these reasons, I personally opted out of Gym Game some time ago. I actually like your casual approach the best and if you apply it consistently, you probably have the best shot at an eventual bang.

Gym game is a more difficult than club and bar game. Most women are focused on one thing and makes it difficult.. but if you ask every chick " how many sets you have left" shell think your some random dude wanting to rape her machine.. just ask her question on something she has or is wearing ..you should read bang and day bang. Roosh gives plenty of examples..

I love the Youtube VIDEO freaking awesome, funny thing is I see a couple of dudes do some of this stuff constantly. I do try to be subtle about it try to establish some rapport between us or see if we have anything in common apart from the shared interest in fitness and exercise.
The classes specially the yoga ones seem like the best Hunting grounds inside the gym. I will start signing up for that, will report back next time see what happens.

Also I make no allusions its a loosing battle specially at a Miami Gym. Still might as well throw in a couple of punches never know what could happen.

Gym game is a more difficult than club and bar game. Most women are focused on one thing and makes it difficult.. but if you ask every chick " how many sets you have left" shell think your some random dude wanting to rape her machine.. just ask her question on something she has or is wearing ..you should read bang and day bang. Roosh gives plenty of examples..

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:23 AM)Grand-Admiral-Thrawn Wrote:  

My strategy is usually just open by asking how many sets a particular target has left on a machine she is at and go from there. Or try to find something in common with her to open with.

I'm in the Midwest, so people are naturally more friendly, I can't help you much with the attitudes. However, I've used tactics like asking a girl about an armband for her phone (does it really work? is it a pain to use the phone while it's in there?), or maybe an exercise she's doing. That's pretty much the Day Bang playbook starting off. From there you have to ramble a bit, but if you're interrupting her workout. Also, Roosh's phone opener can work - start asking questions about her phone. Is it a good phone? Does she use a workout tracker app? Be observant and you can pick up lots of little things. Just don't stay in your head - if you see something that inspires curiosity, go talk to her. Use what you're observing, always.

I have also gone pretty direct and complimented a woman on her hair or something she's wearing a couple times. Be very careful with this - complimenting her tight spandex is basically complimenting her tits & ass. You've got to use hair, jewelry, a watch or phone case, not her clothing. Also, if it's legitimately someone you've seen around there a few times, you can walk up and just say, "hey I've seen you around a lot, what's your name?" and roll from there. Just go with a friendly vibe. That really helps if you can befriend employees at the gym. Find out everyone's name and greet them by name. Be the guy who knows everyone. One other thing, if your gym has group exercise classes, that can be a good way to build a social circle. I've had people approach me because they recognized me from boot camp or other classes. One guy in boot camp is married with kids, but he has a player mindset, always flirting with the girls. It's hilarious how overt he is, and the girls call him out on it, but they fucking LOVE it.

Overall, the gym is a tough venue, but you can at least get approach practice. You're naturally time-constrained and she's busy so you have to hit every approach with big constraints, so just be outcome-independent. If you're a beginner the biggest obstacle is getting out of your head and putting what you read into practice.

Gym game is very tricky. At upscale gyms, hot women go to invest in their body, which gets them men outside the gym. They are in full bitch shield mode, reveice attention from both men and women, and have a tight schedule so they enter and exit fast.

Average women are nervous as they are just beginning to work out. They are sweating, in pants and not that receptive to pick up. Your best chance is to build rapport over time. Still, day game would be way more effective on the same women.

Chubby and fat women...well why would you hit on fat women in a gym.

Gym is tough, because most girls will have their earbuds in making an approach awkward. They also won't have any props (i.e. book, laptop) that you could use for a traditional elderly opener.

Asking a girl how many sets she has left can work, but it's kind of a chode opener. It's the gym version of, "Can I buy you a drink?". Every girl knows what's up when you ask how many sets she has left. It's just very typical and something she's used to hearing.

I have had decent success using one elderly opener in the gym though: shoes. You obviously can't elderly open a girl and ask about what kind of training bra or yoga pants she's wearing, but every chick is going to be wearing shoes. Something like, "Excuse me, are those the new lightweight style shoes that I've been hearing about? I was thinking about getting a pair." It doesn't matter what the fuck shoes she's actually wearing, of course. She could be wearing a pair of Keds. This will get a conversational thread started, though, because you can start rambling on about why you were looking for a new pair of workout shoes. The "how many sets left" opener is much tougher to start a conversation from and usually a quick dead-end.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Join a class. I did it as a way to mix-up my cardio routine, and had no intention of picking anyone up. Like others, I also don't do approaches at the gym and strictly focus on my workouts. This is a cardio based class and I wasn't surprised to see some women there, about 15 people, 60:40 male:female ratio.

Anyway, the current MILF I'm seeing was there also, and usually when the class ends, everyone is chatting with one another about how things went, etc. After the 2nd class, I just asked her "how did it go today?" and we started talking and 2 weeks later we're banging, one of my easiest approaches.

IMO, the class setting is a lot more conductive to approaching than spotting someone at a treadmill or squat rack and try to strike up a conversation.

I go to a college gym, and the number of young beautiful women there is completely insane. There are so many occasions to talk to them. Spot the girls who only go to the gym to show off: they're too pretty, too well dressed, they don't sweat and they do butt exercises for 2 hours straight. They're there to socialize. Glance at them and you will find they magically come next to you "to do biceps". Right, more showing off. If they do it's invitation for you to give them some advise on "form".

I don't think I've ever done a gym approach, it's a harder environment for sure.

If I were to approach though, it would probably be along the lines of what scorpion mentioned.

Any other way is too direct and too high of a risk of messing up what could have worked, had you gone indirect.

The gym is a strange environment. I go there pretty much every day from monday to thursday. I'm on a first name basis with this one trainer girl who in my opinion is smoking hot. She's cute, but I've never mustered up the courage to get her number or say, "We should hang out in a non gym location."

Today I had this older 30 some chick open me. Apparently she just moved into her boyfriend's (damn it) place near the gym. We talked for a bit. She was interesting, but when I'm at the gym gaming is hard. I'm not in the right mindset and I walk around with a big dorky grin because i'm riding an endorphin high.

One dude opened me with a, "I've seen you going hard in the weight room. What are your goals?" Might be able to work this in with some girl.

Might work. Again, comfort comfort comfort.

I don't "approach" in gyms. I just look for opportunities to make conversation; make simple statements and ask simple questions. It's much less aggressive than my normal street game..

First, I just get on her "radar". I workout around her and let her observe me. I pretend to ignore her. I always "appear" to be focused on my workout, even if I am positioning myself to talk to her or putting myself in her field of vision.

After I have done this, I will begin to carefully probe for eye contact, once we have made eye contact once or twice, I might give her a smirk/smile or make a comment to her..

"still working here?"
"are you using this machine"
"using these"
"i love those for abs"
"thats a great stretch"
"what does that work?"
"thats good one"

Just simple little stuff like that.

This is just a way to get on speaking terms with the girl.

After this, I will notice is she continues to says "hi" to me and/or initiates eye contact. If she says "hi" to me again than I will advance to the next stage which is developing a connection with the girl and finding commonalities that we can talk about.

The gym is a good place to use "The Fragmented Approach"

Basically, this whole post is just a fancy way of saying -- Talk to girls, get on a first name or friendly basis with them, make small talk and then evolve to a deeper level of conversation where you can really begin to influence her mind.

You can talk to girls anywhere, just don't be needy about it. Humor is always a good option. A smirk and carefree attitude helps a lot also.

Also, I rotate between a number of gyms in order to not get a rep and always have new targets.

I do exactly what Gio does.

After a couple sessions where you notice each other, get within proximity using a machine or what ever next to her.
In-between your sets say "Hey, I've noticed you here before, my name is so and so."
After that you'll see each other and say hey hows it going blah blah blah
Sometimes she'll ask you to spot her or vice-versa.

When you've established yourself up to this point, its alright to help her out if her form is off or what ever to build rapport. When I've done this it come off as a, "oh your doing that wrong, I don't want you to hurt yourself" vibe. Not a "I know everything" vibe.

See what she's up to during the week
get her #
Game as usual

From experience girls know whats up so if she's saying hi to you or continuing to build rapport with you then its a green light.