rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If a chic doesn't respond to a first text, do you try again?

Last weekend got a number close on a girl after a solid 20 minute conversation. Sort of a social network situation and we had some common friends though I'd never seen her before. The girl was single and about an 8 or 9 on my scale, everyone was about to leave and getting up, so I went ahead and number closed her. I decided to follow Roosh's text game plan. Well, never made it past round 1 on that one. No response. Which surprised me because we had a pretty good conversation and felt like I was vibing good. I was planning on just deleting the number as I'm not into being persistent if someone doesn't respond, but a buddy of mine said I should hit her up again even though I think that comes off as needy.

I dunno, I'm re-considering. Do you guys bother hitting a girl up a 2nd time if she doesn't respond to your first text? If she was a 6 I wouldn't give a fuck, but she was damn near a 9.

Maybe hitting her up again after a few days (if she hasn't replied by then) will help you not come off as needy.

yea i would do what he said^^. maybe you could just send her a short text in a few days saying something along the lines of "Hey its speakeasy, How about we meet up for some drinks" That doesnt seem needy at all in my opinion. And if she doesnt respond then i would delete her number.

^^I wouldn't even say that much. In the first text, I say, "Hey it's CJ, what's up?" I've experimented with a second text 3-4 days later, and the most effective seems to be just saying, "What's up?" no name or anything.

If you get lucky you might catch lightning in a bottle there, but in my experience if the first text fails, the second one is about a 5-10% chance of hitting. Still, you do that 10-20 times, and it's an extra girl and sending a text takes 2 seconds.

Yeah, I would wait a couple of days and text back. I mean what can it hurt at this point? Your options are either delete her number and never see her again, or at least try one more time and possibly meet up with her and bang her, or she doesn't text back and you never see her again. Your chances for the first option are 0%. For the second, I don't know, but it's more than 0%.

This is why you should get girls' facebook.

Especially if she's young.

As i just posted on another thread, texting sucks for making connections, especially setting up a first date. You should save the contact for when you have an opportunity to talk in person or over the phone.

But in the instance that you already texted her and she didn't respond, you don't want to keep following up with direct texts on the same topic that she didn't respond to before. That's weak behavior and lame and will get you no-where, unless she actually just forgot to text you back, which would be rare.

In this instance, I would work to establish a report with her via text. Just get her to communicate with you about anything. I recommend non-sequiter texting, which I think Roissy has an article about, and if you are good at being direct you can roll this over into direct sexual texting, once she is communicating with you, which will pique her interest for a date. But you probably need some practice and study in being direct before this would work. So, non-sequiter texting to get her into a back and forth communication pattern with you, and then a casual invite for a meet up. This might take several weeks, and is a bit of a long shot. But its probably your only hope as far as texting for a date goes.

Number closes, in general, are low probability plays. I've had women number close me, direct me to call them, and then flake on a date. So, figure that one out. However, I have to state that the last time that happened I tried to set up the date via text. And, not to sound overly-confident, but I was good in my technique in doing so. It didn't matter. Its the medium of communication that was largely to blame, as far as I can figure out. Once she's out of the magic of the moment of that first conversation with you, that feeling is usually lost on her. Texting is emotionless. You have to get her on the phone to remind her of the emotional reward (through whatever style of game that you have) that will come from going on a date with you. Twenty minute conversations mean nothing to women, even if the guy feels a vibe. She might have one of those a night with a guy, each of which whom number closes her.

Well, I had this happen recently. I made eye contact with a girl at a bar, she was talking to some guy and I walked up, she pushed my chest and said "come over here". We walked a little ways away and had the same type of long convo. I got her number and was feeling pretty good about it because she was beautiful. I called and left a message a few days later and didn't hear anything. I texted a day later and heard nothing back. Finally, I texted "I have to say, I'm a little surprised right now. You seemed so pretty and sweet when we met.."

She texted me back to mins later

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you"

Me: Handsome devil, winning personality....?

Her: Sorry...

Me: You were scamming drinks from some guy when we met at Blue Martini

Her: Oh hi! Sry just been busy : )

Anyway we made plans to hang out and get together after that. Point being, persistence is a shit test. This girl knew who I was from the beginning.

Quote: (12-17-2010 10:42 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Yes,

With girls under 25, getting their number is not such a great idea anymore. They almost consider it old fashioned. To them, making a connection means checking out each others Facebook. Thats how they wanna make the connection.

Props to Sonsowey for posting this link. And Naughty Nomad for breaking down the specifics.

Facebook is like social circle game on steroids

And to answer Speakeasy's ?,

I would wait about 5 days and then CALL not text, get her on the phone and make her laugh.

Quote: (12-17-2010 10:53 AM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

As i just posted on another thread, texting sucks for making connections, especially setting up a first date. You should save the contact for when you have an opportunity to talk in person or over the phone.

But in the instance that you already texted her and she didn't respond, you don't want to keep following up with direct texts on the same topic that she didn't respond to before. That's weak behavior and lame and will get you no-where, unless she actually just forgot to text you back, which would be rare.

In this instance, I would work to establish a report with her via text. Just get her to communicate with you about anything. I recommend non-sequiter texting, which I think Roissy has an article about, and if you are good at being direct you can roll this over into direct sexual texting, once she is communicating with you, which will pique her interest for a date. But you probably need some practice and study in being direct before this would work. So, non-sequiter texting to get her into a back and forth communication pattern with you, and then a casual invite for a meet up. This might take several weeks, and is a bit of a long shot. But its probably your only hope as far as texting for a date goes.

Number closes, in general, are low probability plays. I've had women number close me, direct me to call them, and then flake on a date. So, figure that one out. However, I have to state that the last time that happened I tried to set up the date via text. And, not to sound overly-confident, but I was good in my technique in doing so. It didn't matter. Its the medium of communication that was largely to blame, as far as I can figure out. Once she's out of the magic of the moment of that first conversation with you, that feeling is usually lost on her. Texting is emotionless. You have to get her on the phone to remind her of the emotional reward (through whatever style of game that you have) that will come from going on a date with you. Twenty minute conversations mean nothing to women, even if the guy feels a vibe. She might have one of those a night with a guy, each of which whom number closes her.

This is why you have to be good at leaving messages. I always call first, and i know there is a 90% chance it's going to voicemail.

I personally hate facebook, so I don't do that. When I tell a girl I don't have one the girls that are younger 18-21ish seem to be indifferent and the ones that are 22-25 seem to like that I don't have one. 26+ are disappointed but only because they want to see photos....

All these posts about face-closing are making me want to stop number-closing for this... I guess I'm finally convinced that face-closing is probably a better idea.... [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (12-17-2010 03:21 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

All these posts about face-closing are making me want to stop number-closing for this... I guess I'm finally convinced that face-closing is probably a better idea.... [Image: dodgy.gif]

I don't think I'll go this route. I try to keep romantic interests OFF my facebook. I'm a private person. Don't need some girl spying on me.

Quote: (12-17-2010 03:59 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2010 03:21 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

I don't think I'll go this route. I try to keep romantic interests OFF my facebook. I'm a private person. Don't need some girl spying on me.

Exactly.

Quote: (12-17-2010 03:08 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I decided to follow Roosh's text game plan. Well, never made it past round 1 on that one.

Speakeasy,

What did you text her?

Depending on that you gotta give it another shot. The girls phone could have been broken or something.

Aloha!

Quote: (12-17-2010 04:21 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I decided to follow Roosh's text game plan. Well, never made it past round 1 on that one.

Speakeasy,

What did you text her?

Depending on that you gotta give it another shot. The girls phone could have been broken or something.

Aloha!

I said: "Hey there, it's speakeasy from such and such bar last Saturday. How are you?"

Was expecting something in reply like, "I'm good, and u?" To which I'd have then asked if she'd like to meet up for a drink after work this week.

Text game worked out perfectly on this girl I met about a month ago. It was smooth and flawness, no flakiness, no wishy washy shit, she just accepted my date request and showed up on time.

Quote: (12-17-2010 04:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2010 04:21 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Speakeasy,

What did you text her?

Aloha!

I said: "Hey there, it's speakeasy from such and such bar last Saturday. How are you?"

Was expecting something in reply like, "I'm good, and u?" To which I'd have then asked if she'd like to meet up for a drink after work this week.

Text game worked out perfectly on this girl I met about a month ago. It was smooth and flawness, no flakiness, no wishy washy shit, she just accepted my date request and showed up on time.

Yeah you gotta take another shot at her.

There could be some simple phone problems, or she missed reading your message or something.

Aloha!

Speakeasy, I'm telling you, if you switch gears on her and give her the sensitive "wow I'm really surprised line" she will respond.

Yes, give it one more shot.

What's with you guys suggesting facebook? That's a horrible idea. It should go in this order... 1) Phone call 2) Text 3) Facebook 4) E mail.

Quote:Quote:

"I said: "Hey there, it's speakeasy from such and such bar last Saturday. How are you?"

That's not in my guide! In Bang I specifically write NOT to say "it's' steve... from the bar last saturday." This implies you know you are forgettable. Send a simple "Hey erika it's steve.. how are you"

That's its! If she doesn't write back, it's done. Move on. 20 minutes is not long anyway.

Point taken.

My strategy is to call first. I refuse to leave a voicemail message for a chick I haven't banged yet. I think it demonstrates low value. If after the first call I don't get a response I'll send a text message. After that I might send another text about 5 days later, then if I don't get a reply I charge it to the game and keep it moving.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Here's another way to go, I do this a lot too;

I'm just going to take your silence as meaning "Fisto, u handsome devil u! I can't wait to get together!"

This always ALWAYS get's an "lol!" at the least.

Quote: (12-17-2010 08:49 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

What's with you guys suggesting facebook? That's a horrible idea. It should go in this order... 1) Phone call 2) Text 3) Facebook 4) E mail.

idk but facebook is a good tool if used properly. it sparks the interests of a girl and allows for easy access to her life and social circle.

hell ive have gamed and banged a few girls from pure facebook game having never meet them in real life prior. just leave witty comments from time to time. make em laugh. then hit them up on fb chat. after awhile you will be in there!

If she doesn't answer her texts, what kind of voicemail are you suppose to leave so she'll call you back because you know she won't pick up and it will go to voicemail.