rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Music lounge

Music lounge

Once in a while we all hear a track that we listen to over and over, until we get sick of it.

Let's post some of those tracks here. Preferably something off-kilter and rare, something you wouldn't otherwise hear. No Drake or Katy Perry.

Emma-Louise - Jungle (heard on The Slap, an Australian series)

Hermann & Kleine - Leaving You Behind (Without Knowing Where To Go) - a really beautiful track, anyone who has spent some time in Japan and ridden the trains will hearken back

Cold Cave - Love Comes Close - darkwave/synthpop from Philadelphia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzku_5WB5yE

Music lounge

Speaking of Australia it has tons of great music that most Americans haven't herd in the electro/indie genre.
Empire of the Sun

Gypsy and the Cat

Parachute Youth

Angus and Julia Stone

Georgia Fair

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Music lounge

Boy & Bear

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Music lounge

Quote: (01-18-2014 12:12 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Speaking of Australia it has tons of great music that most Americans haven't herd in the electro/indie genre.

Yeah, absolutely, there's definitely something in the water in Australia that breeds a unique variety of art. Art including music, street art, whatever. It's a different world down there creatively.

Music lounge

I always liked the more punk/retard rock from Oz:

Music lounge

Two songs from this artist. Burned out on it a while ago but still listen frequently.

Music lounge

Shit this song is stuck in my head today for some reason.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

Music lounge

I never thought Springsteen would cover the Saints.

Music lounge

This song is a classic and still the jam

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Music lounge

Múm, Green Grass Of Tunnel. This is a really beautiful track from Iceland, from 2002. Icelandic experimental music with a soft, steady melody.

Leo Choi - Just Kidding. Taken from a recent Richie Hawtin mix. Fierce electro with a catchy melody.

Music lounge

Speaking of Australia, again.

You don't get there till you get there

Music lounge

Nice easy going track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPLRO3uXsp4

Music lounge

Heard this song in HBO 24/7 Leafs/Red Wings. I think it's at the end of the first episode. Not a fan of the original song, but I like this remix.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Music lounge

Music lounge

[Image: badger.gif]

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

Music lounge

Quote: (01-17-2014 11:48 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

Hermann & Kleine - Leaving You Behind (Without Knowing Where To Go) - a really beautiful track, anyone who has spent some time in Japan and ridden the trains will hearken back

This reminds me of the soundtrack for Heat with De Niro and Pacino.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Music lounge

Big Love - Pete Heller - positive vibes, house from 1999- just a great track.

Havona by Weather Report -with the genius bassist Jaco Pastorius( bipolar, ended up panhandling in N.Y.C, sad ) - Jacos bass playing is like the "monkey-mind" described by buddhists, always chatting away in the background. No normal brain can do what the bassist does here.

Just call me Nige - Brad Meldhau - No words for this. Listen to this once a week. It clears out all trivial sh!t from my head. Plus, real musicians playing real instruments, recorded live, actually, for real. (If you like Radiohead you might like this.)

Music lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgenVANpKgU

Music lounge

Ridiculous J-pop from Hiroshima =)

Perfume - Plastic Smile (2008)

Music lounge

Music lounge

Gesaffelstein - a French musician, spinning at a club in Berlin (1 hour+). I just heard his stuff today, he's very good, and hard.

Shorter track of his (3-4 minutes) - very good

Music lounge

Wilco may be too popular for this thread but this solo is awesome:

Another great one if you've never listened to Wilco:

Music lounge

If you like electronic flavours, these French guys are pumping out some quality tunes of late:
Discodeine [Image: banana.gif]

Music lounge

https://soundcloud.com/bet-mi-nwi/cassid...ss-bitches

Music lounge

I'm really into The Penguin Cafe Orchestra at the moment. They are a band from the late seventies who got bored of classical music and wanted to do something new and different.

This is their most famous song. The basis of the song is the twanging of a rubberband and the dialing tone of a telephone.

It is strange, hypnotic and beautiful.

I will check out the rest of the songs in this thread later on!