rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meeting Girl off PoF Tonight - Question

Do I arrive late?

I'm in charge of my life and therefore rarely late. I take pride in being organised.

I've read in Roosh that being late is a demonstrator of higher value. Problem is, I do have a lot on my plate but manage my time well.

It's an Alpha trait to be in control of your life. So got two pieces of conflicting advice.

Best way forward?

You don't have to be late but when she's the one that's late, I suggest you just walk around and when you see her walk up to her. Don't just wait on her like a dog.

If you are on time, camp out somewhere she can't see you, and walk up after she texts you.

Appreciated, thank you.

I'll post an update on here regarding how it goes.

Wow...already playing silly games? Show up on time and why do even care about such minute things? Showing higher value by being late???..WTF?

well first off, where are you planning on meeting this girl?

Before arriving just call her and ask where she's at. If you arrive early, kill time around the area. She's going to get there and if she doesn't see you, you'll be receiving a call. If you are doing something interesting while this happens just invite her over and start talking. If you get there late, walk up to her smiling and composed and take it from there, no biggie.

Quote: (01-16-2014 06:36 AM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

Do I arrive late?

I'm in charge of my life and therefore rarely late. I take pride in being organised.

I've read in Roosh that being late is a demonstrator of higher value. Problem is, I do have a lot on my plate but manage my time well.

It's an Alpha trait to be in control of your life. So got two pieces of conflicting advice.

Best way forward?

Being late and other people accepting it usually indicates that you have higher value. However, just like IOIs, it's usually a NUMBER of things together that show solid higher value, not just one thing. Roosh gives guidelines, I doubt even he would say you should ALWAYS do things one way or the other. Calibrate for your own persona. If you strive to never be late, don't be.

Be there on time but already socializing with others so when she arrives she feels like you're the life of the party already and she has to gain your attention as she's the latecomer. The main thing to stay away from is that you're just waiting for her like you have nothing better to do. You could text her when you arrive that you had some time so you went around the corner to check out X thing and that she should call you when she gets there.

One of the other reasons guys recommend being late is because SO many women are late by default. They have been conditioned to think that this is okay. So keep that in mind.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Thanks for the constructive replies above (all but one) [Image: dodgy.gif]

As expected she texted me 10 minutes before we're due to meet to say she would be at least 30 minutes late due to a 'client' at work. Bear in mind this is after her needing to re-arrange last week. More hassle than it's worth.

Needless to say I walked out. Texted to tell her to get back in touch when she has more time. She called and I ignored it. I've got a few other prospects I'm working on so not too fussed.

Quote: (01-16-2014 03:18 PM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

Texted to tell her to get back in touch when she has more time. She called and I ignored it.

If you were going to next her anyway, why would you tell her to get in touch?

All this talk about DLV if you are at a venue before the chick arrives is a bit absurd. You agree to meet at a certain time and you actually show up on time. Shows you're good at keeping time, that's about it.

What if you stayed (despite her being late), or set up another date...and god forbid, got the bang?

Yeah, I know, initial flaking reduces those odds but it's not an impossible task.

An Alternate strategy is to have her meet you someplace that you like to be.

Imagine she's late. Walks in to find you holding court with a bevy of females and folks hanging on to your every word...

Can we say value?
Can we say competition anxiety?

Maybe your group game isn't there yet? When is a better time to practice your socializing skills?

You can't do this everywhere which is why you've got to get you game to be systematic.

The overall mindset is one of abundance.

You are where the party is.

I have to call out Wayout once again: Consistent criticism of Game 101 tactics, yet the criticism is based on what?

Explain why he should be early or on time Wayout?

How has that worked for you, based on your consistent posts of struggles to pull girls?

I'm not hating, just simply asking from where are you basing your claims.

7 day ban for Wayout.

Lol, I was kind of hoping to hear Wayout's reasoning. Was confused as to why he would rag on building value.

Quote: (01-16-2014 08:32 PM)commiejoe Wrote:  

Lol, I was kind of hoping to hear Wayout's reasoning. Was confused as to why he would rag on building value.

You're confused? I'm confused as to why he was trying to give any advice based on his past posts.

Oh, never read any of those, I thought he had some other tactic in mind.

Quote: (01-16-2014 08:41 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2014 08:32 PM)commiejoe Wrote:  

You're confused? I'm confused as to why he was trying to give any advice based on his past posts.
He's so bad I can't even believe someone like him exists and is not a troll. Funny though but mind bending one person can make so many mistakes and fail so hard with a huge support group behind him.

Be late or do what WIA says. Either can work. And sometimes it's nice to have the logistics set up perfectly before she gets there.

The one thing you don't want to do is show up and wait outside or stand around awkwardly in the front of a bar or restaurant.

As expected she texted me 10 minutes before we're due to meet to say she would be at least 30 minutes late due to a 'client' at work. Bear in mind this is after her needing to re-arrange last week. More hassle than it's worth.

Needless to say I walked out. Texted to tell her to get back in touch when she has more time. She called and I ignored it. I've got a few other prospects I'm working on so not too fussed.

I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but it seems your girl is putting some effort. If you say that she re-arranged the meet from last week to today, and texted you to let you know she would be late, she at least cared a little, and you can always turn it around when they do.

I hope that you cancelled on good term. And as a last piece of advice, you seem to be in that spot when you want to apply game theory 100% by the book, and that's ok in the beginning. As you get more date, you won't worry about the small little details and will always have the right frame no matter what. Hope you'll still get her

Quote: (01-16-2014 09:03 PM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but it seems your girl is putting some effort. If you say that she re-arranged the meet from last week to today, and texted you to let you know she would be late, she at least cared a little, and you can always turn it around when they do.

I hope that you cancelled on good term. And as a last piece of advice, you seem to be in that spot when you want to apply game theory 100% by the book, and that's ok in the beginning. As you get more date, you won't worry about the small little details and will always have the right frame no matter what. Hope you'll still get her

I didn't cancel on good terms, to be honest. I may be seeing this as too black and white, but if she's acting like a dick even before we've met, is having her around even worth a lay? I erred on the side of caution and cut loose.

That said, with the number of women who routinely act like this now, I could be putting myself in a position where I'm too demanding to get laid....!!

Quote: (01-17-2014 01:59 PM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2014 09:03 PM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

I didn't cancel on good terms, to be honest. I may be seeing this as too black and white, but if she's acting like a dick even before we've met, is having her around even worth a lay? I erred on the side of caution and cut loose.

That said, with the number of women who routinely act like this now, I could be putting myself in a position where I'm too demanding to get laid....!!

Just realised I'm sounding seriously MGTOW. I'm aiming for player status, not being a monk! [Image: confused.gif]

It's the second reschedule and you were pissed off, but if she offers up another time that fits with you, why not go for it and see? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Quote: (01-17-2014 02:31 PM)augen sehen Wrote:  

It's the second reschedule and you were pissed off, but if she offers up another time that fits with you, why not go for it and see? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

It's a mixture of being pissed off and recognising that she's really not worth the effort. She was a 6.5 at best and I'm not busting my chops for slim pickings.

It's not worth going into masses of detail but she basically wasn't worth the trouble involved. Thanks for your comment though, the guidance is appreciated!

I play these things by my mood rather than some hard and fast game rule. Or rather, that is my rule. Kind of like Bruce Lee's philosophy on fighting: "be like water".

If I'm in a good mood and feel like drinking a beer while waiting for a girl, cool, I'll wait. I'll sit and bullshit with the bartender and make small talk with some dude next to me and enjoy the good vibes. It's all good. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

So when the girl arrives, I'm pretty nonchalant about the whole thing and she really doesn't have any power to affect my mood that night. She falls into my elated frame. And because I'm enjoying myself, I win regardless of how things go with the dame.

On the other hand, if I'm feeling annoyed then I'll respect that feeling.

I've bounced when a girl was 5 minutes late, only for the girl to text me just minutes later telling me she'd arrived. I've walked out in the middle of dates when a girl said something I didn't like or made a face that rubbed me the wrong way. Anything at all can set me off.

Or sometimes when my body decides that there isn't any physical chemistry I'll just say it was nice meeting you and disappear. In all cases I just listen to what I'm feeling, tempered by mid-range strategic decisions.

I can always be congruent when I ask myself "what do I want?" in a given situation and go with that. Always.

I'm not suggesting to act like an erratic at the whim of any and all emotions. Sometimes you need to make strategic moves that require dealing with annoying situations and feelings for the payoff a few moves ahead.

But in general, this has been an incredibly powerful M.O. for me. And while it seems short-sighted the empirical results have been quite fruitful for me. Think "unpredictable badboy".

I'd go so far as to say my whole game --- inner and outer --- could be summed up as "ask myself what do I want and do that thing. Or, put another way: identify what I don't want, and don't do that thing."

^^ +1

Quote: (01-16-2014 12:38 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Wow...already playing silly games? Show up on time and why do even care about such minute things? Showing higher value by being late???..WTF?

If you read even a little bit of Roosh's writings you'd know being a little late can help, but never hurt.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.