rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

One month in Medellin

One month in Medellin

I'm spending one month in Medellin (until February 11th) and I rented an apartment in Poblado. I'll share my experiences wrt the ladies in this thread. For reference, I'm 36 years old, speak basic spanish and not bad looking.

First night, Thursday

Went to Babylon with a few friends. Early on the night, it's full of girls sitting down at tables, with very few guys around. Talked to a few girls to test the waters, seemed hard to hook them as they are all in groups and it didn't really seem like they wanted to talk to me.

As the night progresses, more guys show up and the girls get up to dance and stroll around. The standard dance is the girl grinding her ass against your dick. It seems like their goal is to give you a boner. In my case, every single girl I danced with was successful.

Since the girls I talked to didn't have that much to say, I figured I'd just escalate physically and see how far I'd get. I grabbed a few girls to dance with and after a bit of grinding, I'd turn the girl around, whisper a few things in her ear (just standard stuff like 'what's your name', 'you're very pretty' etc) and kiss her on her cheek and neck. Then I'd try to make out a few minutes later. The first few girls turned their head every time I went in for the kiss, so after trying five times or so I just got their number and moved on.

The next girl eye-balled me heavily as I walked past. I grabbed her hand and started dancing. She was clearly into me so I didn't waste time and made out with her within a few minutes. I then took her hand and lead her upstairs to the couches. After I sat down, she immediately jumped on me and started making out again, basically sitting on my boner. As she was wearing a short skirt, I could see her panties. I rubbed her pussy just long enough to feel that she was wet, before she pulled my hand away. I felt like she might be DTF, so I figured I'd try to pull her to the toilet. It was to crowded, so I told her "let's get out of here." She mumbled something about her not wanting her friends to see her leave with me, so I told her to meet me outside in 5 minutes, a strategy that has worked for me in the past. She nodded and headed over to her friends. I went outside, waited for 15 minutes but she didn't show up. Damn!

Went back in, didn't see my girl so I grabbed a new girl and tried the same strategy. She didn't let me kiss her, but she lead me over to her group and handed me one of her friends. My two of my friends came over as well and the girl hooked them up too. They had a few bottles of the local Aguardiente on the table and after doing a few shots together I tried making out but without success. I figured she didn't want to make out in front of her friends, so I told her I was hot and wanted to get some fresh air. She allowed me to drag her outside and we made out on the street. I told her to get a drink at my place and tried to pull her into a taxi, but she didn't want to leave without her friends. She then said she'd get her friends who were talking to my buddies so we could leave together. I was skeptical, but agreed. She went back in and a few minutes later she walked out with two of her friends and my two buddies.

The six of us took two cabs back to our apartment. After a drink or two, I tried to pull my girl to my room. Tried several things (let's lie down for a bit, watch some TV, etc) but she refused. At some point I lifted her up and carried her to my room. We made out again but when I tried to get her on my bed she ran back out to the living room. I tried pulling her back a few times with no success. My friends were getting the same resistance so we decided to raise the white flag and go to sleep.

TBC

One month in Medellin

Did the Colombian girls seem prudish when it came to seal the deal? I never saw Medellin as a 1-night stand dating culture. I have only met a few there that are "DTF" without knowing you at all.

One month in Medellin

Yeah Volk it isn't, unless you want to sleep with the really sub-par of Colombia. Its not a one night stand culture.

It's tough for Western guys because we get all the IOI's so assume that the girl is beyond interested in us, but you have to take it with a grain of salt because that is the culture and its normal.

I actually think white guys have a bit of a disadvantage of Colombia. If you think of a Latin guy with the same characteristics as you, attractive, well travelled, with money he can get any girl he wants. But because your white you have more tests.

Flying Dutchman I'm sure if the same situation took place in a Western Country odds are you would have slept with the girl, no?

One month in Medellin

Lets say that for us they are initially harder, because there is a latent mistrust and some fear. You are a foreigner, you are likely not a criminal, so they mistrust you less.
However after this initial barrier, they are less prude with us, not 100% without hangups, but things just go smoother.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-15-2014 12:41 PM)Volk Wrote:  

Did the Colombian girls seem prudish when it came to seal the deal? I never saw Medellin as a 1-night stand dating culture. I have only met a few there that are "DTF" without knowing you at all.

I think they are down but they don't want anyone to know, big fear of being judged. I think isolating is key but they are not easy to drag away from their friends. Meeting up one-on-one is the way to go I guess.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-15-2014 01:04 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Yeah Volk it isn't, unless you want to sleep with the really sub-par of Colombia. Its not a one night stand culture.

It's tough for Western guys because we get all the IOI's so assume that the girl is beyond interested in us, but you have to take it with a grain of salt because that is the culture and its normal.

I actually think white guys have a bit of a disadvantage of Colombia. If you think of a Latin guy with the same characteristics as you, attractive, well travelled, with money he can get any girl he wants. But because your white you have more tests.

Flying Dutchman I'm sure if the same situation took place in a Western Country odds are you would have slept with the girl, no?

Yes for sure. I mean, if I'm making out with a western girl the way these girls make out, I'm 99% sure I'm getting laid.

I think we're still at an advantage, but the fear of being seen going home with a westerner is pretty high I think as they don't want to be judged as a whore.

One month in Medellin

Shit, if a girl wants to come to my apartment late at night after a club, she's getting fucked or she can get the fuck out of my apartment. Been in the situation where a girl teases me for hours at home, I then just get rid of them.

Good luck, and keep us posted please, solid information

One month in Medellin

Nice man. I'm in Medellin. I will PM you.

One month in Medellin

I have been twice to Babylon and like any place you can score and you can bomb. At this moment, there are way too many tourists and seems like a cockfest compared to the spring or fall where there ain't as many tourists.

I never tried this there, but one night I went to Ruana de Juana with a few girls I knew and I've always knew that girls attract girls. Next thing you know the table next to us with the colombian typical mixed set with guara as the drink of choice mingled and I started dancing with girls in that table and vice versa them with mine. Next time I go to Babylon I might just try that and see if I have any luck. Even the girl can break the ice with other girls.........a girl wing if you will.

I've been living here since August and 1 month in Medellin is not all that great unless you have pipelined. Introductions aside and if you are a lone wolf with limited spanish, it won't be easy, I found bogota more easier to approach as the women don't have this fear of going out with girls only as they do here. It's more like the states or Canada where there are more only girl sets,

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-15-2014 04:12 PM)Clunge Wrote:  

Shit, if a girl wants to come to my apartment late at night after a club, she's getting fucked or she can get the fuck out of my apartment. Been in the situation where a girl teases me for hours at home, I then just get rid of them.

Good luck, and keep us posted please, solid information

Agreed. Well I don't necessarily kick them out actually. If she is in my bed and she wants to sleep over but doesn't want to do anything sexual, I tell her I'm going to sleep and that she's so sexy that I'm too horny to sleep and I start jerking off. More often than not, that will turn her on enough to get her engaged.

If the girl protests I tell her this: "Listen, it's my room, my bed and my body so I can do what I want. I'm horny, so I'm having sex. With or without you. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. If you don't want to watch, look the other way. It's cool."

Next morning I usually end up banging.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-15-2014 05:48 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

I have been twice to Babylon and like any place you can score and you can bomb. At this moment, there are way too many tourists and seems like a cockfest compared to the spring or fall where there ain't as many tourists.

I never tried this there, but one night I went to Ruana de Juana with a few girls I knew and I've always knew that girls attract girls. Next thing you know the table next to us with the colombian typical mixed set with guara as the drink of choice mingled and I started dancing with girls in that table and vice versa them with mine. Next time I go to Babylon I might just try that and see if I have any luck. Even the girl can break the ice with other girls.........a girl wing if you will.

I've been living here since August and 1 month in Medellin is not all that great unless you have pipelined. Introductions aside and if you are a lone wolf with limited spanish, it won't be easy, I found bogota more easier to approach as the women don't have this fear of going out with girls only as they do here. It's more like the states or Canada where there are more only girl sets,

There were definitely a lot of dudes in Babylon but I don't see that as a problem really coz 90% of the dudes are just hanging out not approaching any chicks.

Having some girls with you always helps but from what I've seen the mixed sets are perfectly approachable, most of the time they are all just friends. If it's not clear what the situation is you can always throw in the "how do you guys know each other."

I realize it takes some time to get some bangs in here, we'll see I think a month should be enough. Time will tell, I'm just gonna give it a 100% and see how far I'll get.

One month in Medellin

Night two - Friday

Before I arrived in Medellin, I registered an account on ColombianCupid as advised by Roosh and others. I got a few whatsapp numbers and one girl invited me to have a drink at some bar with her friends. I usually don't do dates on Fri/Sat, so I figured I'd just drop by with a few friends to say hi and meet her before heading somewhere else.

I met her at a place called So Happy. She was pretty cute and I got a good vibe from her. We had a bit to eat with them and decided to all go to a different bar. It was pretty easy escalating with them as we had a bit of a separate section within the bar. Two of my friends hooked up with the other girls and pretty soon we decided to try to get them back to the apartment.

So we ended up in more of less the same situation as on Thursday where we had three girls over at our place. Again, the girls were super hard to pull into the room. When I got her in, she dry fucked me on the bed for while while I sucked her nipples so I thought it was on, but as soon as I got my dick out he literally ran back to the living room. WTF!!! So I drag her back, starting jerking off and she ended up giving me a hand job.

The most interesting part of the story is that while we were in my room messing around she actually told me she wanted to fuck but she couldn't coz if her friends would find out they would never talk to her again. My buddies girl told him the exact same thing.

So, the lesson I've learned is that there is no point bringing girls back in groups. They have to be isolated, but that seems to be a bit of a challenge.

One month in Medellin

I'm sure the friends had some effect but its also the culture as well. Most of the girls wont go back and sleep with you so quickly, its not just getting the girl to your room as fast as possible as you've noticed. Most require some patience and dates, that's my experience in Colombia, unless you go to the Amazon or something.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-16-2014 11:57 AM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

I'm sure the friends had some effect but its also the culture as well. Most of the girls wont go back and sleep with you so quickly, its not just getting the girl to your room as fast as possible as you've noticed. Most require some patience and dates, that's my experience in Colombia, unless you go to the Amazon or something.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing as well. But I think if you get them solo the amount of time you need is more in your control. With friends it's not.

One month in Medellin

Quote:Quote:

but as soon as I got my dick out he literally ran back to the living room

I hope this was a typo!

Just kidding

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-16-2014 02:10 PM)Clunge Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

but as soon as I got my dick out he literally ran back to the living room

I hope this was a typo!

Just kidding

Haha...that's a pretty cool typo

One month in Medellin

I just finished my 1 month in Medellín yesterday. The women here are very self-conscience about not hooking up immediately. Even though possible, women are very resistant here. As I would take a woman's clothes off, they would constantly say no but obviously it's a front. Persistence is knowing how to get a woman indirectly horny (touching other places besides breasts and vagina) has always seemed to work as they don't want to seem easy.

Like someone said earlier, just pretending that both of you are just going to sleep can work and just get into your boxers to sleep can excite them. If that doesn't work, yes pulling out your dick and playing with yourself does always seem to work.

It's a bit weird here, women here are more prone to jerk you off or give you head (even though they think it's nasty and mainly unromantic) than have ssx without you.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-17-2014 10:29 AM)Silq Wrote:  

I just finished my 1 month in Medellín yesterday. The women here are very self-conscience about not hooking up immediately. Even though possible, women are very resistant here. As I would take a woman's clothes off, they would constantly say no but obviously it's a front. Persistence is knowing how to get a woman indirectly horny (touching other places besides breasts and vagina) has always seemed to work as they don't want to seem easy.

Like someone said earlier, just pretending that both of you are just going to sleep can work and just get into your boxers to sleep can excite them. If that doesn't work, yes pulling out your dick and playing with yourself does always seem to work.

It's a bit weird here, women here are more prone to jerk you off or give you head (even though they think it's nasty and mainly unromantic) than have ssx without you.

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

One month in Medellin

Night three - Saturday

Went on a double date with my buddy. I had been talking to this girl, she had sent me some sexy pictures and she looked hot. Although I talked to her for a while on whatsapp and skype, the "hooker" alarm bells did go off because of the nature of the pics. I decided to give it a go anyway.

We went to a bar in Rio Sul. My girl turned out to be quite hot but her friend was a grenade. My buddy played along though. I was skeptical about my girls real intensions and the first sign came when we wanted to bounce to a club. Instead of one of the clubs in Rio Sul, she suggested a place in Sabonete, a 20 - 30 min taxi ride away. Didn't make much sense, I figured it might be a bar scam trick. I declined and we went to a club on the first floor.

The second sign came pretty soon afterwards. I got the bottle menu in the club and she told me she wanted a type of Whisky that happened to be one of the more expensive ones. I ignored it and ordered vodka. When the bottle came, she looked at my in a surprised and annoyed way and said "I wanted Whisky!" I told her I was paying so I choose. She got a little colder after this and when my buddy decided to abort entertaining the grenade and go after some other girls, they both left without saying bye. At that point it became clear to me she was a "pre-pago", girl that tries to extract as much money as possible out of you before you get anything.

I felt kind of naive as I could have really expected this from the pictures she send me, but whatever it was kind of fun denying her her stupid requests.

With the girls gone it was hunting time. Almost all sets were mixed. I hadn't opened any mixed sets so far, so I was curious to find out how it would go down. I went up to a girl in a group of four, it seemed like the guys were just orbiters. I danced with her for one song after which she politely excused herself and went back to her group. The guys seemed ok with this.

Tried the same thing again with another girl. After a few minutes, a guy showed up and kind of awkwardly lingered around us. The girl then said "sorry, this is my boyfriend." I looked at him and he smiled. I gave him high five and told him that his girlfriend is hot.

In the next set I got a good vibe from the girl so I decided to hang in there longer. She wouldn't let me escalate in front of her friends so I just took her number and moved on. Half an hour later or so I bumped into her near the bathrooms and she immediately started making out with me. When her friend came out of the bathroom she quickly pulled back and left.

After three nights out I was pretty tired so I called it a night and went home.

One month in Medellin

In roosh's colombia review, he talks about the more importance of day game. I think this is right as a meal in the day will be cheaper than a bottle at night. It will take more effort it seems but some girls can be surprisingly fun and funny. I had a clinger that was boring and another that was beautiful and funny but I took them places cheap during the day like Parque Arvi or Jardin Botanico then setup a later date for a drink somewhere. We would drink for a while then I would say to go to Parque Lleras for another drink that night and for me to get a coat since I was cold (and my apartment was there).

It's a good excuse to get her back and warm you up and to forget about going somewhere else.

One month in Medellin

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are facing Medellin like you would face a Dallas, or Chicago, it's brave but you are going the hard way. Yes, 80% of the sets you will find are mixed. The sluttiest girls I met there were all friends of friends. The only sex I've ever had in Colombia never came from my sad attempts at cold-approaching (this is why I am just improving at it nowadays), they came from my good friends introducing Ms. Easyfreesex to me. Girls rarely go out to a club alone just to get laid, they go with friends and friends of friends. Your friends set you up with easy women and with girls they know are looking for somebody. Lone wolves are hung up to dry in this town unless you are famous or roll with next-level shit game (so yes, it's possible to slay all with really good game, as everywhere, but it's not the norm).

By the way the girl was not a prepago, prepagos tell you right from the start their prize for the night (from 80K to 900K), then you pay and they go with you. What you actually found was what it's called "Gringo Hunters" and they will not even give you the kiss, they will suck your wallet dry.

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-17-2014 07:52 PM)Volk Wrote:  

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are facing Medellin like you would face a Dallas, or Chicago, it's brave but you are going the hard way. Yes, 80% of the sets you will find are mixed. The sluttiest girls I met there were all friends of friends. The only sex I've ever had in Colombia never came from my sad attempts at cold-approaching (this is why I am just improving at it nowadays), they came from my good friends introducing Ms. Easyfreesex to me. Girls rarely go out to a club alone just to get laid, they go with friends and friends of friends. Your friends set you up with easy women and with girls they know are looking for somebody. Lone wolves are hung up to dry in this town unless you are famous or roll with next-level shit game (so yes, it's possible to slay all with really good game, as everywhere, but it's not the norm).

By the way the girl was not a prepago, prepagos tell you right from the start their prize for the night (from 80K to 900K), then you pay and they go with you. What you actually found was what it's called "Gringo Hunters" and they will not even give you the kiss, they will suck your wallet dry.

Hey Volk thanks for the insight. I can only assume you are right. But it's been fun trying. Ah, Gringo Hunter. Another lesson learned! [Image: smile.gif]

One month in Medellin

Que tal tu espanol parce?

Honestly girls like this sound like typical club sluts who are just tryina milk you and arent really interested in sex. Doesnt make sense to say "she ran out my room when i wanted to have sex, but she was obviously into it" Sounds like she just doesnt want sex.

So try some day game and meet some girls outside of the clubs. Meet a girl who you can be sure is actually interested in you instead of just milking you for booze. Invite them to do somethng non boozy near your place. Get ice cream w them.

And colombian girls can be weird and immature about the kinda "i wanted whiskey" stuff, they have expert pouty faces. If she wants you to do something and you dont want to, do NOT refuse it on any rational basis. Best bet is just to give her a face and be like "ay, whiskey? No no no... eso no"

One month in Medellin

Quote: (01-17-2014 09:01 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Que tal tu espanol parce?

Honestly girls like this sound like typical club sluts who are just tryina milk you and arent really interested in sex. Doesnt make sense to say "she ran out my room when i wanted to have sex, but she was obviously into it" Sounds like she just doesnt want sex.

So try some day game and meet some girls outside of the clubs. Meet a girl who you can be sure is actually interested in you instead of just milking you for booze. Invite them to do somethng non boozy near your place. Get ice cream w them.

And colombian girls can be weird and immature about the kinda "i wanted whiskey" stuff, they have expert pouty faces. If she wants you to do something and you dont want to, do NOT refuse it on any rational basis. Best bet is just to give her a face and be like "ay, whiskey? No no no... eso no"

My Spanish is conversational, although I'm speaking more like Portuñol having just spent three months in Brasil.

A slut who isn't interested in sex? [Image: biggrin.gif]. You're right, it doesn't really make sense, but that's just what it seemed like. Just trying to describe the situation as accurately as possible.

Thanks for the day game advice.

One month in Medellin

Dates

So after going out three nights I started setting up dates. I had three so far, one from CC, one with a girl that I met in Rio Sul and one with a waitress from Park 10 hotel. Ironically, I got her number while waiting for my date who never showed up, which worked out as the waitress was hotter [Image: smile.gif].

All dates ended with make-outs, one girl came back to my place but nothing happened.

I've noticed the girls seem to have low confidence, they all say that they are 'normal' and that there are so many beautiful girls in Medellin. Escalating physically went a lot smoother after complimenting them several times.

They also really seem to like it when you act bossy with them. According to my buddy who's lived in Medellin for a while, a lot of girls were raised by single moms and have some sort of daddy issues.

As for setting up the dates, whatsapp is by far my preferred way to communicate. In fact, if a girl doesn't have whatsapp, I'm not pursuing her unless she is exceptionally hot. Other then convenient, this also works as a filter. I prefer to date girls who can afford a smartphone.

I learned that you always have to confirm the date on the day itself. In an attempt to prevent flaking, I sent them some pictures of the desserts in the cafe where I set up the dates. This seems to work, I've only had one girl flake and actually turned one girl around. The weather was really bad so she cancelled. I then send her a pic to show her what she's missing out on. She changed her mind within a minute and she even showed up on time.

This week I'm setting up as many dates as I can to build a solid pipeline and hopefully get some action from 2nd dates.