rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Energy and focus

Energy and focus

What is good for energy and focus all day besides coffee?

My eyes are low around 12 and by 1-2 I am slowly dosing off on some days.
One coffee is good but sometimes I need two.
I tried Yerba mate but it is not strong enough. Neither is green tea.

I think everyone needs those limitless energy levels to do what we need to do everyday.
I'm happy to take notes if you guys have ideas!

Energy and focus

Are you doing something you are really passionate about?

Energy and focus

I am on break from school taking real estate classes. I wouldn't say I am passionate but I am interested.

Energy and focus

Quote: (01-13-2014 11:58 AM)betterthanyou Wrote:  

I am on break from school taking real estate classes. I wouldn't say I am passionate but I am interested.

Good enough.

Are you getting the right amount of sleep?

If I don't get around 7 and a half hours of sleep, I'll be groggy and crash after lunch. (That includes going over as well as under it)

Are you eating a big lunch?

Chris

Energy and focus

Yes. I slept 11-6 last night. Also I eat pasta and meatballs everyday for lunch.

Some days are better than others but I know there are people out there full of energy all day and would like to emulate their success.

Energy and focus

I am running 4 times a day and using a standing desk and a lot of music. This keeps my energy level high.

Energy and focus

Eat light for lunch. And no simple carbs.

Lift heavy > improve sleep / improve testosterone > more energy.

Or you could just pop Modafinil, but that's a band aid unless you've got your other problems taken care of.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Energy and focus

Take a nap.

Energy and focus

Modafinil.

As long as you have your shit in order it's mega.

Energy and focus

Everyone feels more sleepy between 12:00 and 2:00 if you sleep at normal hours. This is normal according to my doctor and also Wikipedia.

Energy and focus

Heavy breakfast and light lunch? I usually skip breakfast and eat a solid lunch and dinner.

Also I have cut out all other lifts besides deadlift because it was disproportionate to my squat and bench. I am still doing 100 pullups & 100 dips daily though. Thoughts?

Quote: (01-13-2014 02:34 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Eat light for lunch. And no simple carbs.

Lift heavy > improve sleep / improve testosterone > more energy.

Or you could just pop Modafinil, but that's a band aid unless you've got your other problems taken care of.

Energy and focus

I can't, I'm in class all day

Quote: (01-13-2014 03:21 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Take a nap.

Energy and focus

Try cutting out anything with sugar in it, as well as anything with gluten in it. No processed foods/vegetable oils either. That helps me out a lot.

What about alcohol? How often do you drink.

Energy and focus

Quote: (01-13-2014 07:43 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Try cutting out anything with sugar in it, as well as anything with gluten in it. No processed foods/vegetable oils either. That helps me out a lot.

What about alcohol? How often do you drink.

Cool beans. Friday & Sat I get wasted everytime [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Energy and focus

Quote: (01-13-2014 12:24 PM)betterthanyou Wrote:  

Also I eat pasta and meatballs everyday for lunch.

That explains it right there. I have had that problem for years. I always skipped breakfast and had a heavy lunch. I also experienced the same after-lunch lethargy, so I made it my New Year's resolution to try different foods to discover why.

Since the new year, I have eaten meat only twice a week (never for lunch) and I have already noticed a big difference in my after-lunch energy levels.

So try having a salad or other light meat-free meal for lunch for a week or two -- and see if it also makes a difference for you. If it does, then you might want to try extending healthier eating habits into your other meals. For lunch, stay away from pasta, potatoes, and other heavy foods as well.

BTW: I hate big breakfasts. So I just have just a piece of fruit and a small glass of super-green foods. That kick starts your metabolism in the morning.

Energy and focus

Have you tried zinc supplements. Relevant: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15255....light=zinc

Energy and focus

You probably have adrenal fatigue.

You probably have magnesium deficiency.

You probably don't sleep enough.

You probably don't have good aerobic capacity.

You probably have to high of cortisol levels

Get as much sleep as possible every night.

Don't lift weights until you get your energy back.

A good way to get your energy back on track is by correcting aerobic deficiency.

Do a 10 minute warm up like walking than do a light jog with your heart rate between 135-145 for thirty minutes. Then follow it with a 10 minute cool down walk.

Never feel drained or tired after a work out. You want to feel as if you could do the same workout again if you had to.

Test your self by seeing how much further you can run over time at the same heart rate. The key is to stay in the fat burning zone and not exerting yourself to much.

Stress can come from to much physical or emotional trigger and can affect your cortisol levels leaving your adrenals drained.

Go to a good sports doctor or kineosolgist who knows what he's doing.

Also eat a lot of plants and healthy fats. Plants get the sun. We get the sun. Energy comes from things that get sun. ATP son. You got this.

Energy and focus

Thanks guys...I will see how the adjustments go this week

Energy and focus

I think if one has enough sleep and one get´s tired it´s mainly because one does boring and stressing stuff. Yes it´s often unavoidable but good to know what the real reason is as one can change things in the future.

Energy and focus

I'm going through something similar to the OP. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get, I feel like I could lay down and go to sleep at almost any time during the day. I feel like I don't have the same mental clarity and acuity that I had a few years ago. Like it's getting difficult to focus on something or keep my concentration unless I'm VERY interested in it. I feel like my energy level overall is low.

I've just started going back tp the gym a few days ago. I hadn't been since last summer due to back injury and spinal surgery. So I'm going to see if lifting helps me out. I've never been a coffee drinker but I decided that I'm going to start drinking morning coffee and see if it helps my mental sharpness and grogginess.

Any other tips to bring up energy level? Anyone have any opinion on yerba mate versus coffee?

Energy and focus

Quote: (01-15-2014 11:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm going through something similar to the OP. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get, I feel like I could lay down and go to sleep at almost any time during the day. I feel like I don't have the same mental clarity and acuity that I had a few years ago. Like it's getting difficult to focus on something or keep my concentration unless I'm VERY interested in it. I feel like my energy level overall is low.

I've just started going back tp the gym a few days ago. I hadn't been since last summer due to back injury and spinal surgery. So I'm going to see if lifting helps me out. I've never been a coffee drinker but I decided that I'm going to start drinking morning coffee and see if it helps my mental sharpness and grogginess.

Any other tips to bring up energy level? Anyone have any opinion on yerba mate versus coffee?

Seriously, try my advice from post fifteen. I experienced many of the issues that you mentioned. In my case: extreme lethargy after lunch, short-term memory issues from lack of focus, and poor concentration.

Since New Years, I have tried the food-as-medicine approach. I kicked the lethargy after lunch issue after only two weeks.

Watch "Forks over Knives." You can watch the trailer here. You can buy a hard-copy of the video elsewhere if you do not want to rent.

http://www.amazon.com/Forks-Over-Knives-...ver+knives

Energy and focus

Fundamentals
1) Good sleep (7 hours average, check sleep quality using an app or bracelet with sleep actigraphy)
2) Good diet (<150g carbs, little to no simple sugars, most of calories from fat)
3) Good testosterone (get your blood levels checked, multiple climaxes required daily, exercise with weights HIT 1-2x a week)

With the above in order, no-one should have any energy problems unless they have a medical problem.

Most people have an after lunch dip in energy and that's due to the amount of high glycemic index carbs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postprandial_somnolence). I think the pasta is the culprit here - switch it up to a pile of veggies.

Energy and focus

Quote: (01-15-2014 11:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Any other tips to bring up energy level?

A change of scenary.

A more fulfilling job.

A "lifestyle makeover". (new apartment, new neighborhood, new city, new state, new country, new food, new girls, new clothes, new attitude, etc.)

Energy and focus

OP , How Old are you ? and if the remedies mentioned in this thread don't fix the low energy state , I would seriously recommend going to a Doctor and getting checked for

1. Hypothyroidism
2. Low Testosterone

etc etc.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Energy and focus

The biggest way to increase energy and focus is to be happy. That is the truth.

Think about when you last banged that hot chick you thought you could never get. The first day you got your first real pay check. Etc etc.

You have to get forward momentum and then roll with that as much as possible.

I always say "why would I sleep in when I would rather be awake". The idea is that being awake is more unreal than being asleep.

I would do something small in the morning to get into a good mood. Doesn't matter what it is. Sing, smile, whatever. After that you can use caffiene as a boost etc.

The crux of "energy" is just happiness though. Have you met a "happy go lucky guy" who has low energy? No. Energy is associated directly with your dopamine levels.