rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Studying abroad in Europe

Hey guys. I am considering taking an international course at some European university. As you know, I am from Sweden and I study in Sweden at the moment.

I want to study at some place that has English courses in law.

I was considering Belgium, Germany, Norway and Netherlands since these are the only countries that have English courses for exchange students.

I believe since I am going to take English courses ( and not courses in the natural language of the area) there will be a lot of exchange students like myself aswell. So this should also be taken into consideration.

Other than that factor, I would to know people's experience in these countries.

1) In which of these countries do people tend to be open?

2) In which of these countries are girl not afraid of expressing themselves?

3) In which of these countries do the university life tend to be dynamic, fun and just filled with good times. I can say, as for Sweden, the student life is good but not so dynamic ( for those who have studied here or as an exhance student).

4) Other factors maybe?

Thanks!

If you would like to learn french, Grenoble is awesome... 60 000 students,,,mountains, outdoors, great pubs, great parties, easy girls somewhat... it's the defination of a college town.

If you are coming to Belgium, try Gent and Leuven, they have the best student life.

Leuven has the best student life, but on weekends not much activity over there.
Gent has the second best student life and there are some activities (not student related) during the weekend.
Gent and Leuven are more or less college towns.

The student life in Antwerp is not that great but on weekends you have a lot of clubs where you can party.

If you would choose for Belgium, I would try Leuven or Gent and maybe maybe Antwerp. Otherwise go to another country.

what about Eastern Europe? I know some swedish that are studying in ISM university of Vilnius.

Both Kaunas and Vilnius have awesome student life

Many threads on this topic - do a search...

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Hey there,

I think I can give some insights into a few college cities in the Netherlands.

Leiden:
Most prestigious in terms of law and my current home.
Leiden is quite different to most other universities offering law since the college students are very close knit. Even though the quality of girls here is quite high, you will have a hard time penetrating their social circles, most of the hotter ones are in exclusive (in comparison to Sweden anyway) big fraternity-like associations, roughly fifty percent. However, there are multiple parties you can snatch almost every Thursday and internationals have a night on Wednesday, where you might be able to snatch the other fifty. Leiden itself is too small to be extremely fun in the weekend, not impossible to score though. Take note though that you are only a 40 minute train ride away from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht. Leiden itself might be tough for foreigners.

Utrecht:
Semi-prestigious in terms of law and my favorite city for going out
To be honest with you, you can't really go wrong with Utrecht, the quality is amazing and it is big enough to be really fun in the weekends, but not too big to become a metropolitan clusterfuck like Amsterdam or Rotterdam (too big for me anyway). I'm not 100% about how foreigners do here, but I reckon it is comparable to Leiden and you should be fine finding parties on Wednesday and Thursday if you put some effort in your social circle, never cost me too much effort.

Amsterdam/Rotterdam:
Not too fond of these two, too much of an urban vibe for me, good universities though. Probably more on these somewhere on these forums.

Groningen:
Shoutout for this one, I've only been here twice since it is rather far for Dutch standards, but the quality here is the best you're gonna find in the Netherlands, as well as attitude. Less prestigious in terms of Law though.

Other possibilities are Tilburg or Maastricht where I've only been once, the quality is good as well as the university residing in them. Haven't been there often enough to say too much though.

Question from me; could you elaborate on Swedish college life not being dynamic?

Cheers,

PduJ