rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man charged with criminal harassment after pissing off & "creepin" Twitter Feminists

Man charged with criminal harassment after pissing off & "creepin" Twitter Feminists

There is an on going court case in Toronto (surprise, surprise!) for a man that after "creeping" and "offending" several twitter feminist was arrested and charged with three counts of criminal harassment.

What a world we live in

Quote:Quote:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/0...sment.html

Where is the line between criminal harassment and Twitter trolling? An unusual and potentially precedent-setting court case that began Tuesday may shed some light on the issue.

Gregory Alan Elliott was charged with three counts of criminal harassment and one count of breaching a peace bond after repeatedly sending Twitter messages to three women that allegedly made them fear for their safety.

The first woman to go to the police was Stephanie Guthrie, a local activist who tweets prolifically about feminism and Toronto politics.

Guthrie had met Elliott via Twitter when looking for someone to design posters for a group she founded, “Women in TO politics.” They met once in person, and Guthrie later told the investigating officer Det. Jeff Bangild that she felt “seedy” just sitting across from him, court heard Tuesday.
More Video

She then discovered that Elliott had a history of sending tweets she considered sexually harassing and offensive to women, and decided not hire him. In the months that followed Guthrie told the Star she received several harassing tweets from Elliott, and finally went to the police in November 2012.

After Elliott was charged with criminal harassment on Nov. 21, two of Guthrie’s fellow political-feminist Twitter users Heather Reilly and Paisley Rae came forward and two more charges were laid in January 2013.

Rae told Bangild that it was “exhausting” being regularly tweeted at with the hashtag “#fascistfeminist,” Elliott’s defence lawyer Chris Murphy told the court.

However, Murphy contends that the complainants also engaged in hurtful behaviour on Twitter by using the hashtag “#GAEhole” to refer to Elliott. Elliott’s lawyer also questioned how the women were still being harassed by tweets from Elliott when they blocked him on Twitter.

When asked by Murphy whether he investigated any tweets with that hashtag, Bangild said that he didn’t consider it relevant since the victims of harassment can respond in many different ways.

Bangild told the court that he did not find any tweets from Elliott that threatened to harm any of the three women.

Elliott’s Twitter account, which describes him as a “Toronto artist, 4 adult sons. Designer, poet, lover, friend” has been inactive since he was arrested.

Criminal harassment is in part defined by the criminal code as “repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them” in a way that causes them to fear for their safety.

Guthrie is no stranger to the dark side of Twitter. After tweeting in support of American feminist and gamer Anita Sarkeesian in 2012, Guthrie became the target of death and rape threats.

Christie Blatchford, a level headed columnist at the National Post had two interesting articles on the trial

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014...ame-cloth/

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014...tterverse/

Stephanie Guthrie's twitter, if any of you want to be charged with criminal harassment: https://twitter.com/amirightfolks

Guthrie is no stranger to the dark side of Twitter. After tweeting in support of American feminist and gamer Anita Sarkeesian in 2012, Guthrie became the target of death and rape threats.

This is the obligatory playing-the-victim note at the end of every article that is designed to make feminists look like heroes who are doing what they are doing in spite of real danger. See, she received "threats" for supporting a destructive lunatic! She must be a hero!

[Image: fuckthat2.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

You know what?

These retards don't know "darker sides."

The stronger the jail cell, the greater the inmate. I know the dark side.

These dip-shits are just water-testing.

Water-testing in a wading-pool. They don't engage real, substantive handles and only engage the trolls -- to shore up their psyche -- and worshipful handles.

It's all about them.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Strange case. Once again, thank God and Jefferson that we have a First Amendment in the USA.

I blame the prosecutor, the cop even testified he would not have brought the charges. Odd thing is, when I looked the prosecuror up, Marnie Goldenberg, the only links were to a "sexplainer" who also has a law degree.

Very strange and perhaps even worse than it looks at first glance.

Joe: Hey what are you in for?
Bob: Burglary with a firearm. You?
Joe: Tweeting with intent to cause emotional harm to women.
Bob: You horrible misogynist!

fucking Canada. Dief the chief must be spinning in his grave. It is such a country of contrasts with outrageous stories of PC crime in the cities while the strength of the country and it economy are built on primary resource sectors like oil, gas, mining and forestry which employ the most Un-PC cave man guys you have ever met. Its a conflict of cultures that can't last forever.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (01-11-2014 06:21 AM)wiscanada Wrote:  

fucking Canada. Dief the chief must be spinning in his grave. It is such a country of contrasts with outrageous stories of PC crime in the cities while the strength of the country and it economy are built on primary resource sectors like oil, gas, mining and forestry which employ the most Un-PC cave man guys you have ever met. Its a conflict of cultures that can't last forever.

Ya, I'm jumping ship.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Social media is about spewing your opinions to the world but directing them at someone is harassment. This is why the internet will fail.

Team Nachos

Part of the evidence against the defendant is that he was nice to her by offering to give her a ride and offering to pick up the tab for their lunch meeting:

Mr. Elliott offered to pick up the tab; she refused. He repeatedly offered her a drive home; she refused. But, she agreed, he made no physical passes; he didn’t threaten her; said nothing remotely sexual.

“His harassment of me,” Ms. Guthrie sniffed, “wasn’t sexual in nature, and that’s important to note.”

But his thrice-offered drive, she said, was “a violation of my boundaries,” which she’d taken care to draw.

It is now clear that if you are even polite to feminists, you are risking their ire. This man's kindness was introduced as evidence against him in support of criminal charges!

Worse, his kindness is being presented as violative of the subjective, personal "boundaries" of a woman he doesn't know, and who never explained those "boundaries." Are men now required to read minds?

This is simply unbelievable.

Quote: (01-11-2014 12:10 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Social media is about spewing your opinions to the world but directing them at someone is harassment. This is why the internet will fail.

Look at how the social media craze has begun to slow down. I agree with you, the internet is slowly failing. Never mind the whole NSA surveillance, if you live in the US... it's only another reason why the internet is becoming more of a waste of time.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Quote: (01-11-2014 12:32 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Look at how the social media craze has begun to slow down. I agree with you, the internet is slowly failing. Never mind the whole NSA surveillance, if you live in the US... it's only another reason why the internet is becoming more of a waste of time.

Said the man on an online forum message board.

Quote: (01-11-2014 01:02 PM)Consul Wrote:  

This forum is different from Facebook. Anymonimity allows free speech without fear of reprisal. I believe it's necessary. It stimulates people to think instead of being overly sensitive politically correct sheep.

Team Nachos

Did he really harass her, or did they start a back and forth argument, then upon seeing she was losing it, she went to cry to the police? It's hard to tell what really happened.

However, I googled her name and this picture came up :

[Image: guthrie.jpg]

I invite you to pay attention to her awesome square jaw. Damn I bet that girl can take a hit.

Too bad this wasn't in the USA , or else he could have sued for denying his freedom of speech.

Hurting someone feelings = rape.

ROK should have a #fascistfeminist week

I'm really getting sick of hearing about "death threats" made online... This is the biggest non-issue ever.
How much effort does it require for some idiot to sit in their basement and anonymously type "I'm going to kill you"? How can you legitimately be threatened by that?

Quote: (01-11-2014 01:02 PM)Consul Wrote:  

I hardly consider this social media, and for the most part, the internet is a waste of time. There are a few sites worth looking at and a few things worth paying attention to. There are many sites out there that have no purpose at all.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

We're almost at the one year anniversary of 9 ugliest feminists in America, maybe it's time for a refresh. While this one's Canadian, she certainly fits the grade, both body and soul.

And then there's her boyfriend, they're clearly meant for each other. Why are these people always such caricatures hitting all the stereotypes? http://instagram.com/thomasjohnd

The things she's saying, the extreme hypocrisy and mental disconnect in what she says and does, I just... I can't.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Trials are usually open to the public, aren't they? I wouldn't mind attending, and at least being there for the not guilty verdict.

Quote: (01-11-2014 04:59 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

How much effort does it require for some idiot to sit in their basement and anonymously type "I'm going to kill you"? How can you legitimately be threatened by that?

In a culture where pinting a finger at somebody and going "pew-pew" is grounds for arrest, it seems to be quite serious.

fuck the internet. I'm going back to cb radio/sarcasm