rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone been to Illichivs'k? Near Odessa.

I've got some family friends there who have invited me over. Was thinking of Easter but reckon with their weather I'll make it a summer thing.

It's 10 km south of Odessa which seems to be good. Though from reading here it looks like Lviv may be the place to go.

My first trip to Ukraine ... should be an eye-opener [Image: banana.gif]

Been there...a small 50k population shipping town.But do to the money there EVERYTHING is quite new. Same as Odessans...being a foreigner won't make anyone BAT an eyelash. Plus sailors are VERY well paid(2k a month back in 2002)..they were probably the first of the middle class in Ukraine. There are 2 bars/lounges that people go to in the center...sometimes from Odessa itself.

Quote: (01-08-2014 11:52 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Been there...a small 50k population shipping town.But do to the money there EVERYTHING is quite new. Same as Odessans...being a foreigner won't make anyone BAT an eyelash. Plus sailors are VERY well paid(2k a month back in 2002)..they were probably the first of the middle class in Ukraine. There are 2 bars/lounges that people go to in the center...sometimes from Odessa itself.

Ukranian sailors ... must be a hardy breed.

I'll be on my best behaviour [Image: confused.gif]

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.