rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA guys...westsiderentals.com - worth it?

The level of desperation people have to live there is something I've never seen before.

Looking for a sublease at the moment. Maximum 3 months for now. Wouldn't be opposed to a roommate, provided that person is normal and not some drama school hipster.

Everywhere in my range wants minimum 12 months lease. Looking between 850-1k.

Anyone use westside rentals? Was the $60 fee worth it?

It's $60 now? Used to be $30. Search for online codes for a discount.

It is really good especially looking for a guesthouse type situation.

Also check out Craigslist under Sub-Lets and AirnB.com

Any decent extended-stay hotels near Hollywood/Los Feliz? Even out in valley if close to Ventura is a possibility.

I'd like to be close to the red line. Seems like it's probably better to see these places in person first.

The $60 is only worth it if you are looking for a place solo, and not for subleases. Craigslist for roommates.

Try padmapper. Legit.

I'll look at it. Thanks.

Any extended stay hotel recommendation, something with fridge/microwave?

http://thehotelresidences.com/sherman_oaks

I don't think they have microwaves, but you can negotiate a cheaper day rate.

It's literally right off Ventura Blvd close to a gym and bars.

Go in person and negotiate a CASH deal. They will discount heavily. You'll still be paying around $50-$65 a night, but it's pretty solid.

Westside Rentals is a treasure chest compared to Craigslist. Well worth the $60. I just signed up last week and was super impressed on it.

McQueen - I owe you a drink when I'm in town. JW on the rocks, Old fashioned - you name it.

Still a bit higher than what I'd like to pay, but for the first month, looks solid. No contracts is always a plus.

Quote: (01-06-2014 07:33 PM)QuillanGornt Wrote:  

Westside Rentals is a treasure chest compared to Craigslist. Well worth the $60. I just signed up last week and was super impressed on it.

Can you explain why it's impressive?

Quote: (01-07-2014 03:10 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

Mainly because craigslist is full of scams and shitty ads with few to no pictures. Westside rents was worth the cash for me as well when I did a stint in LA.

It is definitely worth it! I found both the places I stayed in Santa Monica on Westside Rentals.

Anything short-term/month-to-month on westside rentals?

Quote: (01-07-2014 11:45 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

Anything short-term/month-to-month on westside rentals?

Yes. Be warned that most landlords are looking for year leases. You may have more luck on airbnb. Message the hosts and negotiate a lower rate for an extended stay.

I noticed that about LA.

I know once I'm there I'll have more options once I hit the nightlife. For now, I just want a solid place 1 or 2 months then take it from there.

Quote: (01-07-2014 03:10 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

Sure, I found it impressive because there is a huge inventory of homes/apartments available and you can really narrow down the search terms to well defined areas.

For instance, craigslist will throw Pico-Union in with Hollywood listings. That could cause major problems if you're new to the area..

For those that know LA...i found a home up Laurel Canyon for just over $3000 a month rent with a million dollar view from Downtown to Catalina. Unfortunately someone outbid me, but with craigslist i would have never even known about the property.

I'm likely going to be starting up an apartment search myself in the next few days. If someone here's interested in going half-and-half on a membership PM me.